Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I Think We Can Honestly Say ....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,751

I Think We Can Honestly Say ....

Feb 5, 2015, 9:31 AM

that WE now have a pretty dang good basketball team ! They say that a sign of a good team is that they find a way to win on the days when they are not playing well. We did not play well last night.

- Nnoko is now the proud owner of a new NCAA basketball record. He fouled out in less time then anybody in NCAA history. 7 minutes playing time total, 5 fouls

- We missed many shots close in

- We had many unforced turn-overs

- We missed many foul shots (free points) at times when it would be really good to make the free throw

HOWEVER,

At the most critical times, WE CAME THROUGH. When it was "11:59:59" .... we did the last chance thing to do to win, and we did it ....

I believe we have a legit shot to "win out" the rest of the regular season. Our three marquee games coming up, Dook, ND(2) ... Dook is good, but very beatable. ND ?, anybody who has watched them knows they are over-rated, as always.

Just play the havoc "D", keep taking the ball to the hoop as the first option, and we, SHALL BE VICTORIOUS !

Remember, you heard it first on TigerNet !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I Think We Can Honestly Say .... if he keeps

Feb 5, 2015, 9:34 AM

this up he may be named an honorary Booker

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We've GOT to get Nnoko a new number ...

Feb 5, 2015, 10:07 AM

Refs see #35 and just assume Trevor Booker is back.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Notre Dame is not overrated

Feb 5, 2015, 10:07 AM

they are a very very very good team. They lost to Pitt coming off an emotional come from behind win over Duke. They've only lost 3 games and beaten Duke and UNC. Only lost to UVA by 6 in a game they probably should have won. Anyone who has watched them knows that they are a very good team who is capable of beating anyone because of how good their offense is. ND is a very tough matchup for us because of how efficient they are offensively. UVA is the only team in the nation to significantly slow down their offense all season (while at full strength like they will be against us) and we are not UVA defensively. We don't have a Malcolm Brogdon who can effectively remove Jerian Grant from the game. They have only scored under 60 once and under 70 twice. It will take at least 70 points for us to beat them, something that we haven't done since January 10th.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said ... Tigers will have to have great offense ...

Feb 5, 2015, 10:53 AM

to get a win at home vs ND.

Realistically 4-4 rest of year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I respectfully disagree ....

Feb 5, 2015, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Notre Dame is not overrated ]

You stated "UVA is the only team in the nation to significantly slow down their offense all season ..."

THAT, is the key ! Our Clemson Tiger-Cats I would dare say has a BETTER "D" then UVa ...

Now given this Spock like logic ....

If we play our havoc "D", ND will not score as much as usual ...

ND "D" is good, but not "Clemson Good" ...

Thus, if we score say in the High 60's, keep ND in the low 60's, we win

"If you argue with Math, you will lose" A line from a TV commercial

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hard to argue against more points winning

Feb 5, 2015, 12:33 PM

??

Kentucky is the only team with a better D than UVA

Feb 5, 2015, 4:55 PM [ in reply to I respectfully disagree .... ]

We aren't close. We're good, they're suffocating.

UVA's D is much better than ours***

Feb 5, 2015, 5:06 PM [ in reply to I respectfully disagree .... ]

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

No its not ....

Feb 5, 2015, 5:32 PM

UVa's D was exposed by Duke, you drive to the hoop and option out to the wing if met with a double-team and option out to the open man ... its a math thing, double team means 3 guys are now guarding four ...

Hey, a guy driving to the hoop should have a "trailer", like a QB running the option ! Let's steal some idea's from Football !!!! Why not ?

Either you're trolling or don't know basketball

Feb 5, 2015, 5:57 PM

Um...UVA doesn't double the drive. Perhaps before claiming that UVA's defense was exposed you should actually learn how it works. IF you can get into the paint driving the ball (something no one has been able to do consistently against them all year) then you're going to get help from a big man, not the wing. They double the post, and do it better than anyone else. Duke was able to score on them because they got red hot and have deadly 3 point shooters along with the most dominant offensive big man since Kevin Love played at UCLA. There was no exposing of UVA's defense. Everyone has known for 5+ years that the way to beat the pack line is to hit the 3 at a high clip. Actually doing it is the hard part. If its so easy and they were exposed so much, why did they go out the next monday and hold a UNC team (in Chapel Hill) to 14 points lower per hundred possessions (which is better than Kentucky did against UNC and about 21 points lower per hundred possessions than we allowed UNC). Every single stat backs up that UVA is better defensively than us. The eye test backs up that UVA is better defensively than us.

Re: I Think We Can Honestly Say ....

Feb 5, 2015, 11:03 AM

I've enjoyed the winning streak, but I've also been a clemson basketball fan long enough to know I need to temper my optimism....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2015, 5:05 PM

^^
Well, then you've been a fan long enough to know how very, very rare a 4-game ACC win streak is...or even 5 of 6. Perhaps the present is more indicative of future results, than is the past! (One can surely hope...!)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2015, 6:07 PM

4 ACC wins in a row! That hasn't happened in forever. Yet, no stories on TigerNet about the win last night. How can we ever get to where we want our basketball program to be if it is totally ignored by the fans and pundits?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ClemTigs

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,751
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic