Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: In the shadow of the Green Monster, Lee takes Tigers to task
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

New Story: In the shadow of the Green Monster, Lee takes Tigers to task

Mar 30, 2016, 1:42 PM

In the shadow of the Green Monster, Lee takes Tigers to task

Monte Lee gathered his baseball team in the shadow of Fluor Field’s Green Monster late Tuesday night and spent more than twenty minutes hammering home a point: be aggressive. The talk was long and it was animated, and Lee hopes he drove the point home.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: In the shadow of the Green Monster, Lee takes Tigers to task

Mar 30, 2016, 4:13 PM

Nice article David. Last night was my first chance to see this team in person and they were def. trying too hard as Coach Lee put it. I have to disagree a little with him saying they weren't as aggressive. I think on a few defensive plays they were too aggressive. I think the only kid that looked a little uncomfortable at the plate was the freshman 3B. He looked at a lot of good pitches. I thought the bunting game was good and Okey was great behind the plate. Pat Krall was awesome last night as well. Good win with a little adversity mixed in there! Go Tigers!

Mar 30, 2016, 4:25 PM

WAIT, I THOUGHT WHEN JACK GAVE THEM A TALKIN TO AFTER GAMES WHEN THEY WERE STRUGGLING IT JUST MADE THEM GET TIGHTER BUT THE TALKS MONTE GIVES LOOSENS THEM UP. DO I HAVE IT ABOUT RIGHT. LOL

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 30, 2016, 4:45 PM

Speaking of Jack...I think I know now why so many of the fellas hated him. Every time I saw him last night at the game he was hugging women. 'Ol Coach must be a lady's man. Felt strange seeing him and Taylor Harbin at the game and neither were wearing Tiger colors.

maybe something different in the coaches' personality or delivery?***

Mar 30, 2016, 5:12 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: In the shadow of the Green Monster, Lee takes Tigers to task ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

It appears to me that last night the batters were swinging

Mar 30, 2016, 6:38 PM

at bad pitches - maybe a bit too aggressive at plate. Which may be left over from leaving their bats on their shoulders on 2 strikes, 2 outs men on base several times in Miami series? Overcompensation?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I Love Monte's approach of being aggressive it will pay off

Mar 30, 2016, 7:19 PM

If they can add being loose to being aggressive as in all sports it will payoff by getting the best out of each player.

The only place it will hurt is the players who have been coached to be patient and let the pitcher, fielder or hitter make the mistake. It will be an adjustment for them but if they can be relaxed and aggressive it will pay off.

More power to these guys for listening to Monte while he drives his point home. This team is going to be special. I know a lot of guys look at every lost series as the sky is falling. It will take some time for the young guys to grow and more time for the experienced guys to change to a new plan.

I think overall we all should all realize what monte is building is a lot like Dabo in that it will take time to build his recruits and system. I didn't expect we would be ranked at this point, I'm happy with this team right now and I look forward to how this team finishes up. I think,we have a shot at hoisting a regional.

With Beer and the pitching we will have a shot at making it to Oklahoma.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: I Love Monte's approach of being aggressive it will pay off

Mar 30, 2016, 8:50 PM

Weird that being loose and aggressive guarantees such great results but is so rarely employed. have you considered coaching?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I Love Monte's approach of being aggressive it will pay off

Mar 31, 2016, 7:39 AM [ in reply to I Love Monte's approach of being aggressive it will pay off ]

> If they can add being loose to being aggressive as in
> all sports it will payoff by getting the best out of
> each player.
>
> The only place it will hurt is the players who have
> been coached to be patient and let the pitcher,
> fielder or hitter make the mistake. It will be an
> adjustment for them but if they can be relaxed and
> aggressive it will pay off.
>
> More power to these guys for listening to Monte while
> he drives his point home. This team is going to be
> special. I know a lot of guys look at every lost
> series as the sky is falling. It will take some time
> for the young guys to grow and more time for the
> experienced guys to change to a new plan.
>
> I think overall we all should all realize what monte
> is building is a lot like Dabo in that it will take
> time to build his recruits and system. I didn't
> expect we would be ranked at this point, I'm happy
> with this team right now and I look forward to how
> this team finishes up. I think,we have a shot at
> hoisting a regional.
>
> With Beer and the pitching we will have a shot at
> making it to Oklahoma.
>
> Go Tigers!

I need you to help me a bit with this last comment HumbleServant--What are the Tigers making it to Oklahoma for?

Are you talking about Nebraska? Or Omaha?

If you're talking about the College World Series, just play the game the right way each and every day during the season and tournament and the playoffs and you most likely will make it to the CWS. That's where I agree with Coach Monte Lee's approach and advice on playing the game relaxed, but aggressive. I like the way this team is playing right now. It's noticeably different than the last few years!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic