Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I Just Posted This on TD - They Are Losing Their !
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 3,797

I Just Posted This on TD - They Are Losing Their !

Jan 4, 2020, 2:01 PM

A Rational Look at Clemson - Can We Leave Emotions Out of This For a Minute ?

Our defense vs. your offense: This is the Marquee match-up so let's start here. You guys have had a phenomenal year - setting records and scorching teams. And we won't try to stop you. We ARE going to slow you down. The question is by how much ?

I don't think that it is unreasonable to claim that Clemson has the best defense that you have faced this year. Competition adjusted statistics bear this out. So by how much can we slow y'all down?

Beyond Simmons we don't have a lot of flashy talent, but all of the guys are good and fast and they play complimentary football withing the scheme. This is where BV comes in. I think we can all agree that he is brilliant at scheming, exotic blitzing, and in game adjustments. So as a unit we are far more than the sum of our parts. OSU was convinced they had the talent edge all over the field & on paper & maybe they did. But they don't play the game on paper.

I think our DBs will come up in press and we will keep safeties over the top. Not only will this slow down your short passing game, but it will put a larger number of people in position to blitz the QB from all angles. It also frees the LBs up a bit to corral the run and the outlet pass to CEH. The other thing about our defense is that, as the field gets compressed (in the red zone) things get tighter and that frees up BV to do more things that Joe might not be expecting.

Now I know that you guys have absolute faith in your offense to overcome these things and rightfully so. But we are going to scheme and slant and grind to slow you down - to make you make mistakes - a penalty, a TFL, a turnover, a sack - something that will decrease tour chances of scoring a touchdown. And we are going to play that for 60 minutes and see if y'all can stand up to National Championship pressure without losing your focus.

On the other side - Our offense vs your defense. This is where it gets fun. I think you have some excellent players on your defense, but this offense is so varied and explosive that no matter what you take away, there is something else just waiting to be exploited. There are playmakers all over the field and just when you think you got it all covered, someone you never heard of takes advantage.

At the helm is the best QB in college football. And he is going to distribute the ball to whichever playmaker that has the best advantage. He's cool, and calm, and relentless, unless you #### him off. And then he's likely to take the game over by adding yet another weapon - his legs. So pick your poison - ETN, Tee, Ross, TL, Rogers, etc. With all of our formations and playmakers - and TL at the helm, we will find the way to score more points than y'all.

One last thing. We do this every year. We know how to prepare for this. We know about the energy, the pressure, the speed of the game. We know about having to dig down deeper than you thought you could and absolutely trusting your brothers to do the same. We are the Clemson Tigers and we are built for this.

Have a good game !!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I Just Posted This on TD - They Are Losing Their Tigershit !

Jan 4, 2020, 2:14 PM

My guess is that after reading this carefully, most of the LSU fans will agree with you.

Re: I Just Posted This on TD - They Are Losing Their Tigershit !

Jan 4, 2020, 2:45 PM

My guess is the typical response would be something like "Yeah, but SEC (with a reminder of how highly-rated Texas was) "

Spot the ball already.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My guess is you

Jan 4, 2020, 2:52 PM

used too many big words and they are confused and frustrated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: I Just Posted This on TD - They Are Losing Their !

Jan 4, 2020, 3:01 PM

. We know how to prepare for this. We know about the energy, the pressure, the speed of the game. We know about having to dig down deeper than you thought you could and absolutely trusting your brothers to do the same. We are the Clemson Tigers and we are built for this.

Have a good game !!

good job. I doubt anyone else ever thought of this. Odd that your coach thinks your the underdog since you were built for this. Good thing you knew how to dig deep. might have lost to UNC otherwise.

Jan 4, 2020, 3:09 PM

LPGA - our coach doesn’t think we are the underdog. Fake news says so.

Welcome to big boy football. Will the stage be too big? Certainly should, at least, match the size of your mouth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2020, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Re: I Just Posted This on TD - They Are Losing Their ! ]

You are ABSOLUTELY correct. They ARE built for this. They MIGHT have lost to UNC, but didnt, because well, Defense. Oh, and btw, like 1:35 on clock. Also even if Heels score, historically, Trevor may be the best 2 minute drill QB we have ever had. Over a minute to get in scoring position? I would take that bet.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is LSU not favored? Are we not the underdog?

Jan 4, 2020, 3:14 PM [ in reply to Re: I Just Posted This on TD - They Are Losing Their ! ]

Yep, the UNC game was a defining moment, and haven't let anyone score more than 23 the rest of the year, including OSU.

That prior weekend y'all gave up 38 to Vanderbilt.

Clemson

Jan 4, 2020, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: I Just Posted This on TD - They Are Losing Their ! ]

Wow! Real original with the UNC burn

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger Band 70-74

Jan 4, 2020, 3:51 PM

Yeah. UNC, aTm, & SEC. That’s about all LSU fans have for comebacks

Jan 4, 2020, 3:43 PM [ in reply to Re: I Just Posted This on TD - They Are Losing Their ! ]

Experience counts, my friend.

Jan 4, 2020, 3:56 PM [ in reply to Re: I Just Posted This on TD - They Are Losing Their ! ]

UNC would beat Texas

Did you include a translator for them?***

Jan 4, 2020, 3:03 PM

Jan 4, 2020, 3:07 PM

I just saw on ESPN.com Orgeron has forfeited on behalf of LSU. He cited a TLDR post on an opponents fan website. He said he would take his chances with the AP voting them #1 anyway.

Jan 4, 2020, 3:45 PM

Too long for Coach O to read or too long for you to read ??

thank you for changing their mind

Jan 4, 2020, 3:15 PM

Now they have no reason to come here

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: thank you for changing their mind

Jan 4, 2020, 3:45 PM

You're welcome.

Jan 4, 2020, 3:15 PM

Sound ok to me . Don't know why they'd be upset .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 4, 2020, 4:16 PM

This is really good. Thanks for posting, man.

Jan 4, 2020, 4:37 PM

Good read, well thought out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 3,797
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic