Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did all the people on here "who just want to watch a
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Did all the people on here "who just want to watch a

Sep 6, 2020, 7:09 PM

game" react with such passion on the many occassions Coach Swinney has repeatedly used his platform to profess his religious beliefs?

I love it when Coach Swinney says what is on his heart and what he believes.

I love it when our players say what is on their hearts and stand up for what they believe in.

We have not seen societal strife and challenges like the ones we are currently facing in over a generation.

I love it that athletes, student athletes, and networks are using their power to try to make positive change.

Based on how angry people on here are about it, I would imagine they are losing a lot of money, but they are doing what they believe is right nonetheless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Re: Did all the people on here "who just want to watch a

Sep 6, 2020, 7:26 PM

Coach is a wealthy grown man who has a lot of tough times in his past. He has experience handling life's rocks thrown at his head. I don't agree with some of his ideas, but he does nothing that would interfere with my life.
However, 18 year old kids who get involved in movements are prone to being influenced by some nefarious characters. And this movement is LOADED with creeps, perverts, subversives and others too nasty to mention.
Freedom of speech is the cornerstone of our REPUBLIC, not democracy. But have you noticed that if you don't toe the line of the movement these kids are espousing, you are called some of the most repugnant words in the English language? That should tell you something.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2020, 10:16 PM

Lots of 18 year kids fought and died to protect your freedom to express your opinions. My 18 year old brother , in 90 days, went from civilian to the front lines in Germany during WWll. He survived the Battle of the Bulge. He and other 18 year olds made life and death decisions. So don’t disparage the ability to understand the current situation, recognize problems, and come up with well thought out suggestions.

Before you can solve a problem, you have to recognize that there is a problem. These guys recognize the problem and are our hope for solving the problem of discrimination. Obviously lots of people don’t want to admit there is a problem and will be more and more isolated in their own little world.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did all the people on here

Sep 6, 2020, 11:12 PM

I don’t know if those same 18-year-olds exist today. My grandfather was one of them. He said, “He was just doing as he was told.” (Paraphrased)

Maybe we are fighting a more modernized battle of an age-old war. Hate will always exist. Racism will always exist. If not racism, classism. If not classism, nepotism. If not nepotism, the next -ism. I actively try to condemn the hate, but you aren’t going to stop it with TV commentators and football players.

You are right - It’s everyone’s right to speak out; it’s also everyone’s right to turn ‘it’ off.

But, thinking that “these guys” are going to stop discrimination is laughable. You can’t stop discrimination; you can only hope to keep it at bay long enough for more people to have opportunities who otherwise wouldn’t. Discrimination didn’t start in America; it’s a part of evolution. We are discriminated upon by abilities such as intelligence, physical appearance, fitness, etc. Selected for these traits over thousands of years. The real question is tolerable discrimination (innate) vs intolerable (learned). We, as a society, are trying to address the latter. So, let’s go ahead and put to bed the thought that discrimination will be solved. It can’t be solved, only managed.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2020, 7:45 PM

They just want the kids to #### and okay football for our entertainment. They have no empathy or compassion for the players’ life experiences and won’t even acknowledge that a black kid’s experience is likely much different than a white kid’s in many instances.

Ignore the problem, attack the messenger, let the problem continue. It happens all the time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^believes everything he sees on tv and newspaper^^^^

Sep 6, 2020, 7:59 PM

sheep

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: ^^^believes everything he sees on tv and newspaper^^^^

Sep 6, 2020, 8:32 PM

So it’s all made up, huh? The kids in the segment that caused Herbstreit breaking down were just making it up?

You should talk to a black persons and get their perspective.

Sep 7, 2020, 12:27 PM

Is a black person's perspective correct and a white person's wrong? Should black people talk to white people to get their perspective?

Sep 7, 2020, 7:01 PM

A black person's perspective on what happens to a black person is far more correct than a white person's perspective on what happens to a black person.

Sep 7, 2020, 8:26 PM

Then quit telling white people that we have to solve this problem for them. They don't know a #### thing about being white. So yeah until you have walked in my white shoes you need to shut the eff up as well and take responsibility for your own actions like I do.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can't turn on the TV, YouTube, news

Sep 8, 2020, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Re: ^^^believes everything he sees on tv and newspaper^^^^ ]

the radio, or any communication device without hearing the black person's perspective. It is everywhere and all-encompassing. It is so pervasive that you can't avoid it if you try.
It has been rehashed ad nauseum on every single sports broadcast. There is NOBODY on earth who is not aware of BLM and the political opinions.
So why can't we just have one neutral medium? This force feeding of opinion is tiring and making a lot of people sick.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: I Get It .......I Get It ---

Sep 6, 2020, 8:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Did all the people on here "who just want to watch a ]

To the SUM of people that hasn't truly experienced racism...social injustice....police brutality...etc....it just doesn't exist to them.

When the SUM of people do see it...they just look the other way...and focus on other things like wanting to desperately watch a game soooo bad.

The SUM of people will never know what is really going on because they don't want to or they are part of the problem. They want to sweep the obvious problem under the rug ...though what they're sweeping under the rug leaves an obvious huge hump in the rug.

Make no mistake about it there are some very obvious problems within some of the other respective communities that need to be solved and addressed as well. Its not good or mentally healthy to just be used to the way of life some have decided to just be in. There are some who do want out and want to make their lives better. Those are ones who deserve the empathy and compassions....but they end up being categorized and stereotyped negatively.

What and when is the endgame to achieve this peace...love...and harmony that has been spoken of when I was growing up? Republicans didn't show it...Democrats didn't show it. So who truly wants to make it happen with everyone???

Sep 7, 2020, 8:29 PM

Problem with your argument is that all of the criminals you cry foul for are resisting arrest. Find me one innocent person who has just been harassed or flat out shot by the cops. Don't even say effing Breona Taylor either. She was knee deep in the drug game.

Sep 7, 2020, 8:29 PM [ in reply to Re: I Get It .......I Get It --- ]

Problem with your argument is that all of the criminals you cry foul for are resisting arrest. Find me one innocent person who has just been harassed or flat out shot by the cops. Don't even say effing Breona Taylor either. She was knee deep in the drug game.

Sep 8, 2020, 9:14 AM

Love how you idiots thumbs down a post but haven't produced a link or any evidence. Cowards and idiots are what you are.

Yes, we definitely need some "positive change."

Sep 6, 2020, 8:09 PM

What are you doing to fix this?

https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/facts-dont-care-about-your-bias/

Re: Yes, we definitely need some "positive change."

Sep 6, 2020, 9:12 PM

Factual Reporting: MIXED

Notes: Investment Watch Blog does publish real news, however they also publish conspiracy news and some scientifically questionable articles. This source is not that bad, but a fact check is advised when reading their information. This source tends to have a right wing bias. (D. Van Zandt 12/8/2016)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and US News & World Report?

Sep 7, 2020, 3:12 AM

although the data source cited is the FBI, so it might all be bull****.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: and US News & World Report?

Sep 7, 2020, 12:56 PM

Wouldn’t know; when I see a bull #### website like this one, infowars, or breitbart, I don’t even bother to click the link.

Sep 7, 2020, 8:31 PM

Explains why you are an ignorant Democrat. You obviously avoid real news and watch cnn

Sep 7, 2020, 8:14 PM [ in reply to and US News & World Report? ]

maybe geech is using Snopes?

Sep 8, 2020, 9:14 AM

Probably using Dopes

Sep 8, 2020, 8:16 AM

Great analogy.

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Sep 8, 2020, 9:13 AM

Speaking one’s mind is fine. I just haven't heard one complaint yet that suggests any actionable change. I hear a lot of platitudes from people who appear to think racism is the root cause of all societies problems and is running rampant today. I personally disagree- my life experience and the available data simple don’t support it. That doesn’t discount the feelings of those who feel wronged. IMO this obsession with race and oversimplifying the cause of all society’s ills while explicitly ignoring the measurable data is ignorant and unhealthy. Enabling this world view and preaching it to others does way more harm towards achieving our assumed mutual goal - a peaceful society with equal opportunity for those who wish to participate.

Racism is real but BLM is doing more harm than good

Sep 8, 2020, 9:32 AM

because they advocate for the "disruption of the nuclear family". This is not hyperbole - go look at their website.

Lack of a father in the household is the #1 determinant of child poverty and school and other problems. Black kids are far more likely to grow up without their father and this problem is getting worse, not better.

Our current climate saddens me because everyone wants to ignore this and popular culture says "anything goes" and it's not cool to be married anymore.

I am usually an optimist but not about this. I see humans devolving and don't expect it to get better. You could make everyone color blind and the fact that too many kids are growing up without their fathers would not change.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic