Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hypothetical: would you take Shaka Smart as our next ball coach?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Hypothetical: would you take Shaka Smart as our next ball coach?

Feb 1, 2020, 10:28 PM

It should be a foregone conclusion that CBB will be fired. The thought of keeping him for another run at mediocrity is mind numbing. He had to make the tourney this year, and that window is an inch from being closed.

Smart is on the hot seat at Texas and his chances of retaining his job also hinges on a tourney birth. They are not even listed as the next 4 out in bracket projections currently.

Now, it would cost $10 million to send Smart walking, but Texas has the money, and their fans do not put up with NIT births.

So, I've read before that Shaka left on bad terms with Clemson, but I would welcome him with open arms. Clemson will not be able to get a coach with anything near his resume. He has to be the top target.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After 10 years, I don't think there is any

Feb 1, 2020, 10:32 PM

forgone conclusion that Brad is fired. He's basically been in the hot seat forever and he's still here

unless he has like a 2-25 or 4-23 season...

Feb 1, 2020, 10:43 PM

I think he will be here. As long as he has wins a few he shouldn't and doesn't completely crash, I don't think there will ever be enough pressure for a Clemson basketball coach to put together a contender.

The few years we have been genuinely competitive were bonuses and not an expectation of the school admins.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And that last sentence is the problem

Feb 1, 2020, 10:51 PM

with Clemson basketball

Exactly. If we don't expect to be good, and accept not

Feb 2, 2020, 1:35 PM

being good, guess what? We won't be good. We even have some who are trying to portray us as good under Brownell; that's how bad it's gotten and how far we've been beat down over the years.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

After 10 years, I don't think there is any

Feb 1, 2020, 10:32 PM

forgone conclusion that Brad is fired. He's basically been in the hot seat forever and he's still here

Re: Hypothetical: would you take Shaka Smart as our next ball coach?

Feb 1, 2020, 10:40 PM

Brad's not going anywhere.

Feb 1, 2020, 10:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Feb 1, 2020, 10:54 PM

I went to the game and sat through that BS tonite. You should pack your blowout box when Danny “Pogo” Manning takes you to the woodshed....I would take a change...

I’d rather not over pay for basketball coach

Feb 2, 2020, 10:29 AM

Get an energetic young assistant. Save money for football until the new coach wins

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no.***

Feb 2, 2020, 10:48 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2020, 10:53 AM

I viewed last year's decision to keep Coach Brownell as a 2 year decision considering what we brought back. I would argue that this has been a good year for Brownell considering the circumstances, but it is also easy to argue that he put himself in the position. For the most part, I would look at the team overperforming this year, from my point of view, as being enough to keep him.

That being said, if Texas gets rid of Shaka Smart, and back channels indicate that he would take the job here, I'll help Coach Brownell pack.

Sure ! Or The VCU Coach OR The Richmond Coach OR ...

Feb 2, 2020, 12:35 PM

T. Oglesby Or ...that guy up the road who's doing a real good job

Shaka would be the most expensive but he would probably generate the most excitement ... whoever gets the job T.O. should be on the coaching staff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2020, 1:10 PM

WHY, would you want to hire Shaka Smart. He had a premier job with all the money in the world behind him and could not win. And you want to hire him, just keep CBB.

Feb 2, 2020, 1:26 PM

Might as well take Will Wade.

Feb 2, 2020, 2:27 PM

I think the odds of Brownell getting fired this year are somewhere around 0. Next year will determine his fate at Clemson.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic