Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hypothetical record vs Aub, Lou, FSU, GT without DW4 in 2016
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,908

Hypothetical record vs Aub, Lou, FSU, GT without DW4 in 2016

Jul 17, 2016, 1:37 PM

I can't see Shus or Bryant handling 100K fans on the road very well first game of the season against Aub. Also with BV having to rebuild the defense a bit, I don't think they'll be quite ready for primetime that early in the season. I'm not sure if we'd be able to score enough to beat Lou even at home because they seem to always play us tough, the game is still pretty early in the season and the D will still probably be working out the kinks. We won't beat FSU on the road because they just have too much talent, which probably leaves GT as our best chance to get a win out of the 4 games. Unfortunately, we have traditionally played so poorly on the road there in recent history that I wouldn't like our chances in that game either.

If I had to put my money on it, I really think we'd go 0-4 (1-3 at best). I think if the Aub and Lou games were later in the year, I have more confidence that we'd pull those out to go 2-2. Frankly, I just don't have a lot of confidence in our back up QB situation this year (much like last year). Hopefully, DW4 stays healthy all year so it doesn't become an issue.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we're doomed.***

Jul 17, 2016, 1:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Hypothetical record vs Aub, Lou, FSU, GT without DW4 in 2016

Jul 17, 2016, 1:57 PM

You really think an Auburn team who can't throw the ball can beat us?No way we lose to Auburn and the Kevin Steele defense

NEVER under estimate this staff !!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 17, 2016, 2:03 PM

Jeff,Tony and Streeter had Stoudt ready to dominate Oklahoma in just 3 weeks. They've been training, Nick, Kelly and Tucker for over a year now.

Brace yourself

Jul 17, 2016, 2:04 PM

For a thumbs down parade.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2016, 2:23 PM

I like Bryant's running ability a lot and think we could beat anybody with him if we had to. He could be Woody Dantzler 2.0.

Jul 17, 2016, 2:37 PM

0-4. Unless our defense absolutely shuts down the option. I saw us with the #1 defense play GT without #4 in 2014 and we lost by 22. Louisville has been tight the past 2 years. Auburn and Florida State are loaded with talent and #4 will be the difference in winning those games.

Jul 17, 2016, 3:02 PM

You have to take into consideration that Stoudt had no formal one on one QB coaching at that point in time. Streeter have Stoudt throwing perfect balls in just three weeks and making the most out of plays. Is anyone on our team another DW4, I don't think so, but if one of them had to go in, I wouldn't be worried.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2016, 3:18 PM

Show me some love with some thumbs up

Jul 17, 2016, 6:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Hypothetical record vs Aub, Lou, FSU, GT without DW4 in 2016 ]

And Stoudt won't be our QB and we shutdown the option last year.

Hypothetically - Thomas is hurt too?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 17, 2016, 6:30 PM

In this hypothetical world, I predict Bryant loses the starting position to Schuss and Zerrick Cooper is called to step up to the plate. Z makes some typical mistakes being green but takes the #2 role. Bryant is a interception machine sometimes...quick and good on the run. - Lets not live in the hypothetical realm... Here's to a healthy DW

A

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2016, 6:42 PM

3-1 , only loss would be in Tallahassee .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

in that case we ride the Wayne train and play

Jul 18, 2016, 2:59 AM

Ball control O to keep our defense fresh into the 4th quarter and win tight low scoring games at least 3 if not all 4

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,908
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic