Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hypothetical question concerning the Draft
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,464

Hypothetical question concerning the Draft

Dec 23, 2018, 12:48 AM

Thankfully Trevor Lawrence has another 2 years at Clemson. But if he could enter right now, only one college season under his belt, where would he go in the draft?

Herbert (ore) seems to be the favorite for the #1 QB in the draft.
Drew Lock, miz
Will Grier, WVU
Dewayne Haskins, OHSt
Ryan Finley, NCST
Jarret Stidham, Auburn
Daniel Jones, Duke
Clayton Thomas, NW

There are some others but these are the top of the heap at the moment.

I truly believe, if he could enter the draft he would go #1 overall. I think there is plenty of footage to show he can make any throw, can run, smart with the ball, and has been a leader. IMO, his upside his higher than anyone on that list and I say he is better right now, than any of the other guys. I couldn't see an NFL team that needs a QB, passing him up. I think it would be more likely for a team to trade up, giving up whatever they have to, to get him. What do y'all think.

Message was edited by: clemson man7®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hypothetical question concerning the Draft

Dec 23, 2018, 6:57 AM

Depends on if you are drafting for immediate impact or 2-3 years down the road. For example, a team like the Chargers or Saints would be more likely to draft Trevor versus a team like the Giants, Jags, or Bengals as those 3 teams have immediate needs at QB and the other 2 teams could allow Trevor to sit for a year or two and learn from a couple of real pros.

All that to say I am glad we don't have to worry about Trevor leaving for 2 more seasons.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2018, 8:53 AM

I am of the opinion TL has something to prove in the playoffs. Let’s face it, he has not faced a great D this season. ND and Bama will be the toughest he has faced plus the moment is much bigger. If he shines it will say a lot about his NFL readiness just like DW4 when he always rose to the occasion

Dec 23, 2018, 9:56 AM

Like Mitch T, some team will fall in love with his physical stats and draft him early. If he stays healthy, he gets drafted number one in two years.

Dec 23, 2018, 10:05 AM

If Trevor could enter the draft this year, he’d be the consensus #1 draft pick. Yes, even this year. Team would careless what he did in the playoffs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,464
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic