Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Breaking Down BAMA - exploit and avoid
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 66
| visibility 1

Breaking Down BAMA - exploit and avoid

Dec 9, 2017, 11:04 AM

After watching a few games of BAMA:
LSU
FSU (when BAMA was at full strength)
Ta&m
MissST

When Clemson is on offense -
1. We are going to find it very difficult to gain yards with horizontal plays like jet sweeps, and quick throws to the sidelines. Bama likes to play aggressive and crowds the line. I'm not as impressed with their team speed but they move well sideline to sideline.
2. Because of #1 We should run up the middle early and often. It seems counterintuitive suggesting that against BAMA but we WILL pop some nice gains.... and at least one BIG ONE!
3. BAMA's coverage is tight and physical. Will be interesting to see how the game is called. Their hands were all over LSU receivers the entire game and no calls. Our receivers have to be tough and fight through contact for the ball.
4. KB could have a MONSTER game running the ball from scrambles rather than designed runs. BAMA cover guys often turn their back on the QB focused on grabbing receivers and will react late to KB taking off.
5. BAMA seems to give up lots of plays when the QB rolls out. I believe this will be a staple in our gameplan to move the pocket and get KB rolling out. Receivers regularly gained separation on these desogned plays.
6. TAKE SHOTS DOWN FIELD! We will have WR's running free down field. Because they play so tight we can get behind them. KB has to let the ball fly.

When Clemson is on D-
1. We will get to Hurts rather often but we must not lose contain. Their line run blocks well but really lacks in pass blocking. They run a lot of play action to set up deep routes which means we have plenty of time to get to him.... and we will. Must bring Hurts down.
2. Again, their speed isn't that impressive. We should be able to play pretty aggressive man coverage.
3. Hurts really struggles with anything that isn't over 20 yards. He lacks touch. Most of his competitions inside 20 yards are from guys sitting in zones wide open.
4. Our LB's need to be disciplined and not get caught up in the wash leaving big holes off the edges.
5. Their play calling is not creative. We SHOULD have success holding them to several 3 and outs

Special teams -
1. Ray Ray could get another one! Their punter is awesome but he can out kick his coverage. Big play potential here.

What have you guys noticed?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see it this way.

Dec 9, 2017, 11:13 AM

We have a better OL and DL. Strong advantage Clemson.

LB's is tough to say once they are healthy. I will call it even.

RB's. I give them the edge due to experience, but we are solid too.

wr's. We have a better WR group. They have the best WR. I still give us the advantage.

secondary ... They have the best payer, but as a unit I think we are as good.

QB.. They have better QB and have the advantage.

Special Teams. A wash. Both teams have issues.

I think the game will be decided in the trenches though. Tigers 27 Bama 24

Re: I see it this way.

Dec 9, 2017, 11:19 AM

They have the better QB!!? Lol! Hurts sucks.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2017, 11:21 AM

I would take KB over Hurts myself

Hurts is in a different offense and is better than Bryant.

Dec 9, 2017, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Re: I see it this way. ]

Hurts will play on Sundays as a QB. Bryant will not.

Hurts will not....

Dec 9, 2017, 11:33 AM

even be drafted.

He has no touch and is a one read "qb"

For the record..... kb isn't an NFL QB either at this point.

You're clueless.*****

Dec 9, 2017, 11:35 AM

Thank you

Moving on....

No prob, bud.*****

Dec 9, 2017, 11:39 AM

Re: Hurts is in a different offense and is better than Bryant.

Dec 9, 2017, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Hurts is in a different offense and is better than Bryant. ]

Hurts is a stronger runner as for passing I give a slight edge to Kb. Remember this is kb first year as a starter

KB has gotten way better. Hurts has a better arm though.

Dec 9, 2017, 11:40 AM

Hurts is more talented. Hurts went to the wrong school and system.

Re: KB has gotten way better. Hurts has a better arm though.

Dec 19, 2017, 3:46 PM

You've either gotten into the sauce early or you haven't been watching the same players the rest of the country has lol

Dec 9, 2017, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Hurts is in a different offense and is better than Bryant. ]

KB can make more throws than Hurts can. KB is faster than Hurts.

Hurts has a better deep ball but that's all he has.

And as mentioned... this is really KB's first year

You're rambling.

Dec 9, 2017, 11:46 AM

There is no telling who can make certain throws other than the deep ball, because they don't run a similar offense. Hurts throws a better deep ball and that's all we can compare. He has a stronger arm. As far as speed. They are pretty similar. They both run about a 4.5.

Right..... sure

Dec 9, 2017, 12:00 PM

Keep digging that hole

Right..... sure

Dec 9, 2017, 12:00 PM [ in reply to You're rambling. ]

Keep digging that hole

I think you are projecting, fella*****

Dec 9, 2017, 12:10 PM

Re: I think you are projecting, fella*****

Dec 9, 2017, 12:33 PM

Yep, projecting that you happen to be dead wrong on hurts.

I’ll bet a month’s salary that’s Hurts isn’t even drafted as

Dec 9, 2017, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Hurts is in a different offense and is better than Bryant. ]

a QB.

He has shown nothing in 2 years that even remotely shows he can be drafted as an NFL QB.

Don’t give me the strong arm argument.

Rod Gardner had the strongest are I had ever seen and he wasn’t the QB at Clemson.

You would lose your money.

Dec 9, 2017, 12:15 PM

He is considered a NFL prospect and talent. He will be a top 10 QB in the draft and that will get him drafted. Scouts like him.

Re: You would lose your money.

Dec 9, 2017, 12:35 PM

Lol.... you don't say???? Another BAMA QB that's highly touted by the "experts"???

Man.... you should have led with that. I'll jump on board then!

No. He won't.***

Dec 9, 2017, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Hurts is in a different offense and is better than Bryant. ]

Neither Hurts of KB Will Play QB in NFL

Dec 9, 2017, 10:41 PM [ in reply to Hurts is in a different offense and is better than Bryant. ]

Hurts does not have throws

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haha, you lost me there

Dec 9, 2017, 11:34 PM [ in reply to Hurts is in a different offense and is better than Bryant. ]

Bryant has a quicker release, goes through progressions better, throws the ball better, makes better decisions and throws better on the run. If you think that Hurts is the better NFL QB, you are mistaken. I’m not saying Bryant is sure thing to be a good NFL QB, but we’ve seen nothing that says that Hurts is better.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Dec 10, 2017, 8:00 AM [ in reply to Hurts is in a different offense and is better than Bryant. ]

There is no way Hurts will play QB in the NFL

Dec 19, 2017, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Hurts is in a different offense and is better than Bryant. ]

Dude a respect everyone's opinion so I'll just strongly respectfully disagree. Hurts not only will not play on Sundays, he may not get drafted. Also I feel you may be giving us a little too much love in the position group comparisons. I have a lot of confidence in our boys as well, but I know the tide have some dudes of their own.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wake us when it happens?***

Dec 19, 2017, 5:30 PM [ in reply to Hurts is in a different offense and is better than Bryant. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2017, 11:25 AM [ in reply to I see it this way. ]

Our secondary is better overall and I even see there’s as a weakness. Minkah is good Levi Wallace gets lost in coverage and hootie is out for the season.

Our QB is hands down better. Hurts is an escape artist but outside of that what does he really do well, the deep ball? Not really if you notice his deeps balls are to guys that are wide open not back shoulder throws 30 yds down field. I know Kb has struggled some with his deep ball but go back and look and some of the throws against Auburn and Louisville he has made several throws that I’ve never seen Hurts make period. KBs underneath passes to Help hunter and ray ray are also superior to Hurts

Hurts has a better arm. If Hurts was in our system he...

Dec 9, 2017, 11:30 AM

would be a Heisman finalist.

Re: Hurts has a better arm. If Hurts was in our system he...

Please stop. Start your own "I love Hurts" thread....

We got it.... you think he is all world. No need to continue

He is talented. I see it. Moreover, I will post at will.

Dec 9, 2017, 11:42 AM

I thought you were moving on?

You are also slow I see***

Dec 9, 2017, 11:44 AM

Good effort. That was adorable.

Dec 9, 2017, 11:48 AM

When are you moving on by the way?

I'm subbing... Get a clue. Hurts is 'Bama serviceable'...

Dec 9, 2017, 11:50 AM [ in reply to He is talented. I see it. Moreover, I will post at will. ]

Nothing more. Containing his scrambles is my biggest concern. He's improved somewhat from last year but so have our DBs...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm subbing... Get a clue. Hurts is 'Bama serviceable'...

Dec 9, 2017, 11:59 AM

Exactly, even Bama fans know this.

Re: I'm subbing... Get a clue. Hurts is 'Bama serviceable'...

Dec 9, 2017, 11:59 AM [ in reply to I'm subbing... Get a clue. Hurts is 'Bama serviceable'... ]

Exactly, even Bama fans know this.

Our D wil; probably contain him, but you're...

Dec 9, 2017, 12:18 PM [ in reply to I'm subbing... Get a clue. Hurts is 'Bama serviceable'... ]

absolutely clueless if you just think he is serviceable. Our DL is going to dominate their OL. He will be running for his life.

Re: Our D wil; probably contain him, but you're...

Dec 9, 2017, 12:45 PM

I’m not understanding your love affair with him...he’s just that, serviceable. He’s thrown for 1900 yds in 12 games....that’s awful. He’s a very conservative QB who plays not to mess up...he does his best against teams that he knows his defense can bail him out on. Against teams that play good defense...that @$$ puckers. Very rarely does he take shots...with the running game that he has behind him in Bo and Harris, he should be lighting defenses up.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Dec 9, 2017, 12:48 PM

Yep, most everyone with an ounce of football IQ gets that....

Dec 19, 2017, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Our D wil; probably contain him, but you're... ]

Not to mention every big throw he hits is a wide open receiver, and he often over throws those receivers. He doesn't make many throws into tight coverage either.

To say he is better than KB is utterly laughable.

Dec 9, 2017, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Re: I see it this way. ]

2 thoughts...

Absolutely agree on the lack of throws JH can make. He misses badly or pulls it when its not a bomb.

Second, listening to BAMA fans.... they think their secondary is hands down better than ours..... and match up well against our WR's.... makes me laugh.

Bama fans think their helmets are better than ours.***

Dec 10, 2017, 7:53 AM

Dec 9, 2017, 1:00 PM [ in reply to I see it this way. ]

FWIW, a Bama fan at work told me that he thinks our LBs are better. He also spoke highly of our DL.
I sensed what seemed to be a lack of confidence about his team. In fact, the idea of their getting injured players back did not seem to matter to him. I know it has nothing to do with what will take place on the field, but I find it interesting nonetheless.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Dec 9, 2017, 1:04 PM

Agree.... finding a lot less swag from their fan base this time around. Says alot about our program.

27-24 us, you either plan on us making a field goal OR miss

Dec 19, 2017, 3:05 PM [ in reply to I see it this way. ]

ing an extra point? I wonder which?

Re: your first #3

Dec 9, 2017, 11:14 AM

The refs won't be SEC or ACC. Hopefully they're from a conference like the AAC which sees its share of air raid offenses and won't put up with mugging receivers

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I could be wrong

But think I heard PAC-12

Please not the same PAC12 crew!

Dec 9, 2017, 11:22 AM

They were accessories to agravated assault

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. Pac 12. Other semi is ACC.***

Dec 9, 2017, 11:23 AM [ in reply to I could be wrong ]

Re: Breaking Down BAMA - exploit and avoid

I’ve noticed that few things in football are more important than field position and it will be in this game. The lack of a capable punter scares the dickens out of me and if the Tigers lose this game, that could be the reason. We’ve dodged that bullet all season because of our strong defense. Will it work against Bama? We shall see.

This game could be won by the healthiest team. Both squads are trying to get a lot of regular players ready to go.

Turnovers are always important and they will be in this game. Field position again!

I don’t even know who Bama’s tight end is but I hope we can cover him!!

Do you think Renfro will get any attention in this game????

Dec 9, 2017, 11:25 AM

Dabo should insist on the rugby style punt all game. Those suckers roll like nobody's business

Dec 9, 2017, 11:33 AM

> Dabo should insist on the rugby style punt all game.
> Those suckers roll like nobody's business

Did you see our rugby kick in the ACC championship game, it just died.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2017, 11:36 AM

True.... but percentage wise it isn't likely to happen again.

Dec 9, 2017, 11:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Breaking Down BAMA - exploit and avoid ]

Artificial turf for this game. Good roll.

ETN is grinning!

Our speed on turf

Dec 9, 2017, 11:43 AM

Should really be noticeable. I have no doubt that our team speed across the board is better.

Dec 9, 2017, 11:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Breaking Down BAMA - exploit and avoid ]

I was thinking our punt game has been pretty good, and our coverage exceptional!Perhaps I need to watch some more of our punting.

GO TIGERS!!!

Re: punting and kick coverage

Dec 11, 2017, 12:46 PM

I agree.... think it's been really good actually! I'm a little concerned about the possibility of BAMA blocking a punt though.

Don't forget the tight end

Dec 9, 2017, 12:22 PM

I don't know if it is an exploitation of our defensive scheme or just a series of boneheaded mistakes, but in 2 games we have given up 314 yards & 3 touchdowns to the tight end end vs Alabama. We gave up 60 yard plays to the tight end in both games when we were poised to take control of the game. Please, in the name of all that is sacred cover the freakin' tight end this year. Every play.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"To hell with the best team winning, I want us to win!"- Frank Howard

Re: Don't forget the tight end

Dec 9, 2017, 12:46 PM

It's funny.... they are acting the same way towards HR!

Yep. But we still have HR. 88 is gone...***

Dec 10, 2017, 7:56 AM

Dec 9, 2017, 11:28 PM

Do we still have Renfrow? Yes? Then it doesn't matter which QB is better. The asSECassin will make sure we get the yards we need. Maybe this yr they double and triple him so that our 9 other receivers can eat.

re: special teams elephant in the room

Dec 9, 2017, 11:42 PM

lets hope we dont need a fg late. Their kicker is not a stud, but we have bigger issues

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: re: special teams elephant in the room

Dec 10, 2017, 9:49 AM

Agree.... I think if our defense does what it should do that it won't come down to a kick.....

#fingerscrossed

I had some similar observations

Dec 10, 2017, 2:51 PM

Their OL is not great in pass pro, and Hurts drops his eye's once his first read is covered. If his first read is open he can rifle it in very accurately.

We will get WR's open behind their Def, hitting a few of those is a big key to the winning.

Re: I had some similar observations

Dec 10, 2017, 4:57 PM

With ya! If our oline can give Kelly time and he is accurate I think we win by 10+

I think our run game will have success of we stick with it..... especially up the middle.

With the latest LB injury for Bama

Dec 19, 2017, 2:58 PM

I'm even more convinced we need to pound the middle..... AND that we get some big runs because of it!

Re: With the latest LB injury for Bama

Jan 1, 2018, 9:01 AM

Let's do this!

Replies: 66
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic