Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hunter Renfrow: I get the comparisons to Adam
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Hunter Renfrow: I get the comparisons to Adam

Jun 26, 2016, 1:18 PM

Humphries and Tyler Grisham, but I think people sell him short. He has the potential to be much better.

I'm a Packer fan and was watching Pack vs. Steelers Super Bowl XLV last night and Jordy Nelson seems a much better comparison. Nelson was awesome in that game even with one huge drop, and has the Pack's single season receiving yards record and an NFL record with 7 TDs of 40+ yards.

At this point Renfrow is a po' man's Jordy Nelson as Jordy is bigger and faster, but he has three more years to work and improve. He is too good to be considered another "possession" receiver. The big thing is whether, he'll get enough opportunities with Williams, Scott, Cain, Ray Ray, Leggett, etc.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are all white. What are their differences though?**

Jun 26, 2016, 1:19 PM

nm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think one thing that Renfrow (and Jordy) can do that AH

Jun 26, 2016, 1:29 PM

and TG couldn't, is go up high and make catches.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True. I like to hear gow they are different.

Jun 26, 2016, 2:17 PM

Yeah none are that tall and all are white. They all have sure hands generally. What are the differences is what I am more interested in.

AH was fast...at times I think his speed

Jun 26, 2016, 2:23 PM

was exaggerated, but he was definitely a burner. I think Hunter needs a little more work on blocking...may just be a weight issue.

I vaguely remember Grisham. Don't recall his physical attributes but he always seemed to be there for a big third down...like third down Brown.

Renfro is quicker, and runs better routes!***

Jun 26, 2016, 11:07 PM [ in reply to True. I like to hear gow they are different. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They are all white. What are their differences though?**

Jun 26, 2016, 2:21 PM [ in reply to They are all white. What are their differences though?** ]

Tyler had curlier hair than the other two.

So there's that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hunter Renfrow: I get the comparisons to Adam

Jun 26, 2016, 1:33 PM

Nelson is a different type of receiver than Renfrow. And Nelson is 6'3 and 217 pounds on top of that. You're comparing a slot receiver to a big and tall receiver that plays on the outside....

Renfrow is smaller at 5'10" 175 but he could very easily

Jun 26, 2016, 1:43 PM

play on the outside with another team. He could be 6'ft 190 in three years, but will probably play slot in the NFL.

Re: Renfrow is smaller at 5'10" 175 but he could very easily

Jun 26, 2016, 2:42 PM

Why would you compare a big and tall receiver to a slot though? That's like comparing Martavis Bryant to Artavis Scott . They're two totally different kind of receivers

Re: Renfrow is smaller at 5'10" 175 but he could very easily

Jun 26, 2016, 3:08 PM

Renfrow reminds me of Ricky Proehl. Both are white guys. Both played baseball and football in high school. Both were barely recruited. Both run routes well and catch the ball well, despite the fact that neither seem to have blazing speed. Proehl ended up a tad bigger. Proehl played forever in the NFL.

Renfrow would do well if he could follow in Proehl's footsteps.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good comparison...+1.***

Jun 26, 2016, 3:57 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, Ricky Proehl!***

Jun 26, 2016, 6:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Renfrow is smaller at 5'10" 175 but he could very easily ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"He could be 6 ft 190 in three years"? I'll take that bet***

Jun 26, 2016, 6:58 PM [ in reply to Renfrow is smaller at 5'10" 175 but he could very easily ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jordy Nelson is likely faster too. The only similarity..

Jun 26, 2016, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Hunter Renfrow: I get the comparisons to Adam ]

skin color.

Re: Jordy Nelson high jumped over 7 ft and went

Jun 26, 2016, 2:26 PM

To Kansas St. initially as a track athlete. Comparing him with Hunter Renfrow is like comparing Jesse Helms with Bernie Sanders.

Jun 26, 2016, 1:33 PM

Other than being white I don't think of those two when watching Renfrow play. He's plays more like a Nuk or Mike Williams IMO even though he's smaller...

i get the Nuk comparison. Great route runner

Jun 26, 2016, 1:46 PM

Sure hands, not overly explosive but quick enough to make a man take a bad angle.

Re: i get the Nuk comparison. Great route runner

Jun 26, 2016, 2:08 PM

I wholeheartedly agree. Let's face it, a lot of people are making the comparisons they have due to his Jersey # and him being of the Caucasian persuasion. But if you want to actually talk about his game, to me he is very similar to a younger Nuk imo. Runs nice routes, needs to eat a few sammiches in between meals and pretty good hands for a 1st year player. My friends, if the progress level is on the same par, I can certainly get down with that.

Routes, separation, and good hands....***

Jun 26, 2016, 1:46 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 26, 2016, 2:19 PM

I am not an expert....just a fan. But for me....Hunter was reliable. I felt he would catch the ball every time it was thrown to him.

I love that he is a part of our team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Renfrow reminds me of Emmanuel Sanders.

Jun 26, 2016, 3:24 PM

I am sure most of you would agree.

Jun 26, 2016, 3:55 PM

Played golf with both of them about a 6 months ago over at Keowee Key. Adam is a lot bigger and stronger than Hunter. People forget that Adam was completely overshadowed by a few guys that are now studs at the NFL level. If Hunter gets bigger, which I'm sure he will, he will get a shot just like Adam has. I truly think the only difference between the two is size, and one obviously has a unique ability with special teams (Adam). When you see them in person up close, the physical size is noticeably different.

Jun 26, 2016, 9:55 PM

I was aways a big fan of AH. Kid was definitely a workout warrior. I will never forget the FSU game at DV where shamus was running his mouth, TB got rattled and played poorly. Stoudt came in, played very well, and connected with AH several times, and those two at least were amped up. I had actually hoped they would put Cole in sooner, while the game still had a chance. But will never forget the way those two looked PISSED and ready to fight for every play, which we could have used right then. But still, AH and HR, two different games entirely IMO.

Who on here is selling him short? Hunter, as good as Adam

Jun 26, 2016, 5:57 PM

and Tyler were, is much better in my opinion. When it was reported last yer that he beat McKenzie 4 times straight in practice, I thought it was significant. I realize he made plays because teams were protecting against Mike Williams, of wait, Mike was gone after the first series of the year.....No, he made plays because he is that good. And, he is going to make someone pay this year when he connects with Mike or Deon.....deep.

Jordy is 6-3 217lbs, Hunter is 5-10 , 170lbs...There is NO

Jun 26, 2016, 6:57 PM

comparison between the two...NONE

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 26, 2016, 8:53 PM

I'd say Antonio Brown. Both are average stature with good but not quite elite speed (4.5, but enough to stretch the field) who win with great routes and hands and excellent short space quickness.

Jun 27, 2016, 8:00 PM

Adam will have a breakout year this season in Tampa Bay. His knee is a little banged up right now, but if he stays healthy, between Mike Evans, Vincent Jackson, and Adam Humphries -- Jameis Winston will have himself another pro bowl season.

Jun 27, 2016, 8:46 PM

In the 1st half of the NC game Saban & Smart were comparing him to Randy Moss

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic