Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hunter Johnson shouldnt start but.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Hunter Johnson shouldnt start but.....

Nov 12, 2017, 9:41 AM

He should be given a series or two. when Bryant is struggling in the passing game. I don’t want to hear people talk about rhythm. KB never really gets in a rhythm anyway. And who knows it might make KB better to sit out a series or two. KB is the best chance to win. But bringing HJ in could give us a even better chance to win against teams like Miami and in the playoffs. Plus teams have no film on HJ. So it could be the wrinkle we need to spark the offense and win it All again!

Message was edited by: Jessy89

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hunter Johnson shouldnt start but.....

Nov 12, 2017, 9:53 AM

I posted something similar yesterday and boy did I get criticized. I haven't been at practice every day and so on. No I haven't but I watch the games. Practice and playing on gameday is totally different. I fully trust the coaches but we have come close to giving several away this year and we need to close out games. I would like HJ to come in for a few series also. Not a coach or pretend to be one just an opinion.

I bet he never starts a game at Clemson.

Nov 12, 2017, 9:55 AM

I think there were plans to play him more, but the games are too close. Also, we would be undefeated if Bryant were never injured. Maybe the staff wants to stick with the formula.

Nov 12, 2017, 10:00 AM

Kelly Bryant hasn't been the same since the Syracuse game. The ball sails out of his hand which then makes it impossible for our receivers to catch the ball. Yesterday he also showed he doesn't have much confidence in his throwing ability. There were at least two times he had the time to throw the ball down the field and he either pulled the ball down and ran for 2 yards or he didn't throw the ball at all and ended up getting sacked when he had a receiver open near the endzone.

Right now I don't have any confidence in the passing game or the receivers who aren't named Renfrow. There is something going on with Kelly Bryant and I'm not sure what it is. It wouldn't hurt to get some of the backups a few drives when possible. But lately that hasn't been possible because it seems every game is a 4 quarter game.

seems like Cain has simply not caught some catchable balls

Nov 12, 2017, 10:02 AM

or dropped them too.

KB has overthrown some but also delivered some catchable balls

something is a bit off .... but we just have to win

null

Yes...this was too easy to spot...Miami will EXPLOIT this...***

Nov 12, 2017, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Hunter Johnson shouldnt start but..... ]

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Nov 12, 2017, 10:00 AM

not sure how much film they would need

he will hand it off or stand back and throw it

I think they feel like they need the threat of KB running the ball.

but I'm not a coach so what do i know

null

Another IDIOT post by someone without a clue

Nov 12, 2017, 10:07 AM

HISTORY has proven, that if this Staff has confidence in the 2nd QB,he'd get time. DW4 was in by the third series up the UGA game, took over the job by the 3rd series of the FSU game. The only reason that it took that long was a broken collar bone in the Spring.

So, all you Keyboard Warriors wanting Hunter, he's not ready yet. He will be, just not yet. This is not a throw away season to get a new QB ready, next spring will do that.My uneducated guess would be,no matter how good he does this year,KB2 will have a very hard time holding onto the job through Hunter's second Spring.

Re: Another IDIOT post by someone without a clue

Nov 12, 2017, 10:14 AM

another personal attack - accuses others of being "keyboard warrior"

toxic

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yet another IDIOT without a clue

Nov 12, 2017, 10:23 AM

Just call it like I see it with facts to back it up. Anyone questing whether you're Idiot would just have to see your post history JUST today to confirm that. Sorry Snowflake.

Well, if they had done this it wouldn't be a wrinkle teams like Miami had not seen.

Nov 12, 2017, 10:21 AM

I get where you're coming from. I am cool with what the guys who recruit and are there everyday decide, but it would be interesting to bring HJ in for a series or two a half for chnage of pace and attack.
That said, my assumption is he hasn't earned it. The coaches play players who are ready.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 12, 2017, 10:45 AM

Well hopefully we get far enough ahead that we get to play a lot of guys Saturday... unlike last time the Citadel played a p5 team from SC.

Nov 12, 2017, 10:50 AM

We need to get him as much PT as possible between now and the ACCCG.
You remember Ohio ST last year , we will be about the same kind of team going into the playoffs.
That's if we beat the Coots and The U.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic