Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OK, I am heading out of here toward Chicago
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 336

OK, I am heading out of here toward Chicago

Jul 1, 2015, 3:01 PM

any thing cool to do or eat there?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Nope.***

Jul 1, 2015, 3:02 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hot Dongs***

Jul 1, 2015, 3:03 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You should go see the Grateful Dead.

Jul 1, 2015, 3:03 PM

I hear they may be playing in town. And enjoy some Red Lobster, it is what Jerry would do. Well, that and a shitload of smack.

#Truckin
#DoodahMan
#LongDistanceRunner
#Ripple
#BlackPeter

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh yeah, I'm sure he can find THAT in Chicago.

Jul 1, 2015, 3:05 PM

BlackPeter, I mean.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pizza at Lou Malnati's***

Jul 1, 2015, 3:06 PM

Be sure to set aside extra time as. Pizza takes a bit of

Jul 1, 2015, 3:07 PM

time to cook.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, it's called the bar***

Jul 1, 2015, 3:08 PM

Hey, squirt. Maybe the OP is going to a certain event

Jul 1, 2015, 3:10 PM

that is time sensitive. Maybe he needs to know that he will not be in and out of the joint in less than an hour? Did you ever thing of that with your smart mouth?

What would you do without TigerNet? Would you & dsp be

Jul 1, 2015, 3:12 PM

basket weavers or something?

I'm very serious & asking for an even more serious response.

Why do you ask?***

Jul 1, 2015, 3:13 PM

CUZ I WANT A BASKET, DUR.

Jul 1, 2015, 3:14 PM

Get on it.

That is a very stupid reason to ask.

Jul 1, 2015, 3:15 PM

Why would Tigernet not existing cause one of those ladies to teach me to make the baskets?

I'm not nearly as stupid as you are pointless.

Jul 1, 2015, 3:18 PM

I think you should log off & go pan handle in order to be able to get somebody to fix your face.

I've got a lot of points.

Jul 1, 2015, 3:25 PM

You should log off because you don't add anything to this place.

Hugo's Frog bar is pretty good***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Homeless people watching can be interesting, as well.

I would imagine they're out and about now, when I was there they were buried underneath their trash piles.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hugo's Frog bar is pretty good***

Jul 1, 2015, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Hugo's Frog bar is pretty good*** ]

I second this idea. Great drinks and food.

You could meet up with camcgee and have a make out contest.***

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

####.***

Jul 1, 2015, 3:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hang out with camcgee.

Jul 1, 2015, 3:09 PM

See if you can get a word in edgewise.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

tummy sticks

w/cam.

I'd eat at Chez Quis

Jul 1, 2015, 3:15 PM

tell em Abe Froman sent you

Laugh at grown men wearing jerseys and white rimmed

Jul 1, 2015, 3:35 PM

sunglasses.

Get ready for a long day.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And man-buns, there are a lot of man-buns***

Jul 1, 2015, 3:38 PM

How long are you here for?

Jul 1, 2015, 3:40 PM

Also, what area are you staying in?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

3 days hanging mostly in Chicago

Jul 1, 2015, 4:39 PM

But passing out in Evanston

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: 3 days hanging mostly in Chicago

Jul 1, 2015, 6:21 PM

World of Beer and Dixie Kitchen are both pretty good up in Evanston. Closer to where you'll be in Chicago is a great restaurant and bar called Hopleaf. It's not far off of the red line, which you'll have to take to get into Chicago from Evanston.

Downtown, you should check out one of the deep dish places. I like Lou Malnotti's the best of all the chains, but the best deep dish place is probably a smaller restaurant in Lincoln Park called Pequod's. Chicago also has it's own style of thin crust pizza, and you can find a really good version of that at Pizano's (there are two locations downtown, one of them right across the street from Millennium Park). Most of the bars downtown are north of the river (in River North), and I really like Bub City. Most of the bars on Hubbard Street between State and Clark are pretty fun, though. Public House on Kinzie about a block from the river is also a good one. The Chicago Athletic Association hotel has a couple of great bars, including a big game room complete with bocce ball, and a rooftop bar called Cindy's that overlooks Millennium Park and the lake.

You might also want to go check out the West Loop restaurants and bars on Randolph St. Some of the best are Green Street Smoked Meats, Publican, Girl and The Goat, Little Goat, Au Cheval, and Bar Takito for food; and The Aviary, Maude's Liquor Bar and Lone Wolf for drinks.

Other than that, check out this blog's list of bars and restaurants: http://chicago.eater.com/. They've got great lists including "restaurants with top views," "16 essential Hot Dogs in Chicago," "19 great waterfront spots for dinner or a drink,"

And then their "heatmaps" (hottest places to eat and drink) are great: http://chicago.eater.com/maps/best-new-bars-map-chicago
http://chicago.eater.com/maps/copy-of-updated-where-to-eat-brunch-in-chicago-right-now
http://chicago.eater.com/maps/best-new-chicago-outdoor-dining-restaurants-heatmap

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 336
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic