Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Huge jump in recovereds today. Largest jump yet....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Huge jump in recovereds today. Largest jump yet....

Apr 4, 2020, 12:53 PM

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

14,486 and counting.....

Message was edited by: Spud®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Huge jump in recovereds today. Largest jump yet....

Apr 4, 2020, 1:52 PM

A comparison to flu cases would be nice. It would hurt things into perspective,cat least for those that are interested in looking at things objectively.

Message was edited by: orangecoloredglasses®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 4, 2020, 2:39 PM

The Flu doesn't overrun entire countries ICU's with patients, COVID19 does. It's a horrible comparison by you. It was a horrible comparison by the president and anyone else that has brought it up.

Is that what you were looking for?

Apr 4, 2020, 3:12 PM

Also, the Coronavirus has mortality rate 25 times more deadly than the flu in the USA at the moment.

Apr 4, 2020, 3:17 PM

We have no idea how many have had this without going to doctor or being tested.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 4, 2020, 3:24 PM

"We have no idea how many have had this without going to doctor or being tested."

This is correct. So the best thing to do is to believe that Covid-19 is not really much different from the flu, to try to disregard the 1000+ who are dying per day in NYC, and to go about our lives as if we have not a care in the world. Yea, that's the ticket all right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 4, 2020, 3:29 PM

That’s not what I said.Just pay attention to the facts.We do not know the mortality rate.i am sheltered at home as we all should be.Try being a glass half full guy like Dabo.

Apr 5, 2020, 11:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Huge jump in recovereds today. Largest jump yet.... ]

1000 per day in NY ????? Where you getting your info

Apr 4, 2020, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Huge jump in recovereds today. Largest jump yet.... ]

Same as the flu. It's is 25 times more deadly than the flu using diagnosed cases. That's only using diagnosed cases of the flu as well.

Apr 4, 2020, 3:37 PM

2018 had 41.3 million cases for flu.57000 deaths and 6-700000 hospitalized.We are no where near diagnosing that many cases of Coronavirus due to lack of testing.The virus is bad and I am not comparing it to the flu.But we won’t know the mortality rate until the blood serum tests are done,if ever.

Apr 4, 2020, 3:41 PM

True. We just know if you are diagnosed with the flu or Coronavirus that Coronavirus is 25 times more deadly in the USA. That's just using diagnosed cases of each.

Apr 4, 2020, 3:45 PM

Appreciate your civil and well thought post.

This is worse than the flu on many levels but we do have many more mitigation factors in play.I have to hope and pray this will help.

Apr 4, 2020, 4:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Huge jump in recovereds today. Largest jump yet.... ]

The flu data is not based on diagnosed cases. Not even close. The CDC uses models to estimate the cases (the deaths and hospitalizations are also estimated). There's been less than 300,000 positive tests reported to the CDC for flu this season, but they estimate at least 39 million cases. All this is on the CDC site.

Apr 5, 2020, 11:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Huge jump in recovereds today. Largest jump yet.... ]

Where are you getting your numbers 25 times more deadly ? I’ve only heard one person use that number and it’s the mark guy on ESPN upstate

Apr 7, 2020, 10:07 AM

CNN, NY Times, Chicago Tribune, Washington Post, ABC, NBC, CBS, NPR...greatest outlets in the world for making up stories to support a 'leftist agenda' and bash Trump! The fifth column is alive and well in the 'good ole US of A'....Bernie was only a communist for a little while!

Apr 7, 2020, 10:34 AM

Pretty amazing how several other countries in the world are also supporting the "leftist agenda."

Apr 5, 2020, 11:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Huge jump in recovereds today. Largest jump yet.... ]

Do not I repeat do not confuse the libs with facts

Apr 5, 2020, 11:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Huge jump in recovereds today. Largest jump yet.... ]

But the point is, the Coronavirus spreads faster and has a mortality rate much higher than the flu. Thats why countries are shutting down. This virus could kill millions. The flu doesn't except for 1918 when it killed 20 million world wide. This virus is more deadly.

Comparisons to the flu or deaths from car wrecks is apples to oranges. I'm stunned by the desire to minimize this Pandemic while people sit at home under orders to stay home from the government. It's a Pandemic and it's going to get worse.

On March 5th, 2020 there were 11 deaths from this virus in the U.S., in only 30 days the death total is now 9,643 WITH mitigation. That is an 1100% increase in just 30 day. We currently have 337,620 confirmed cases. Of those infected, 25% have to be hospitalized.

Worse, it hasn't peaked yet. So please, no more flu comparisons. You should notice that 90% of Americans are under 'shelter in place' orders. SC isn't yet, but McMasters will soon be forced to, or SC will be another Louisiana.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2020, 11:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Huge jump in recovereds today. Largest jump yet.... ]

2018 had 41.3 million cases for flu.57000 deaths and 6-700000 hospitalized.We are no where near diagnosing that many cases of Coronavirus due to lack of testing.The virus is bad and I am not comparing it to the flu.But we won’t know the mortality rate until the blood serum tests are done,if ever.

Right now, there are 1,274,923 confirmed cases of Covid-19 and 69,479 deaths. Compare that to the flu numbers you just posted. The mortality rate, out of 41.3 million cases is 0.013%

Today, the mortality rate for Covid-19 is 5.4%. More have died of this virus to date than died out of 40,000,000 flu infections. It's not even in the same ballpark.

Apr 7, 2020, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Huge jump in recovereds today. Largest jump yet.... ]

If we have 41.3 million cases of this, look for about 1.5 million deaths. Not....the....flu.

Wrong....Stop Spreading Bad Data

Apr 7, 2020, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Huge jump in recovereds today. Largest jump yet.... ]

We have DECADES of Flu data to work from. On COVID no one even knows the number of unreported cases from as far back as the fall. Don't fall prey to the media fear-mongering. Yes it's deadly, yes we need to take care to stop spread, but we don't ever need to hide in fear listening to media clikbait.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 4, 2020, 2:33 PM

Yep, getting better each day.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And here's the cases plot...

Apr 4, 2020, 3:10 PM

By the way...China is either lying, or they have a cure they

Apr 4, 2020, 4:12 PM

have not shared with the rest of the world....

Re: By the way...China is either lying, or they have a cure they

Apr 4, 2020, 4:23 PM

It’s like they think nobody will believe them if they say zero, so each day they just say 20-40 new cases and 3 or 4 new deaths.

Apr 4, 2020, 4:50 PM

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the "official" number of recovered really doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

Another thing: The number of additional people "diagnosed" each day with COVID-19 doesn't mean much either.

The reason for the two points above is testing in this country is still far behind what it should be. We don't have much clue (1) how many people have been infected, (2) get infected on a daily basis or (3) have recovered. Just look at the forecasts being given by experts. The variances are insane!

The number of tests given are increasing weekly, which is a good thing. However, because the test RATE is increasing each week, it makes week vs. week results less meaningful. Hope I'm saying this in a way that makes sense.

The one daily stat that tells a legit story relative to the day before is DEATHS due to COVID-19. When the daily death toll starts flattening and declining, that will demonstrate we are finally getting a grip on the crisis. It doesn't mean we can relax, just that the opportunity for [whatever the new normal is] normalcy is within sight.

Like Anthony Fauci said, we aren't even to halftime yet. Let's give up the fantasy of a quick return to "normal", admit what we are facing and stop being lazy by blaming the media for everything.

Blaming the media for everything is what lazy people do when they have nothing legit to say.

I am going to have to respectfully disagree. If the

Apr 4, 2020, 5:52 PM

recovereds number was ZERO..........people would be putting a gun to their heads as soon as they got it.

Apr 5, 2020, 9:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Huge jump in recovereds today. Largest jump yet.... ]

The lack of testing has been unacceptable and ridiculous. At the peril of many in fact. This is the MAJOR issue with this virus. The government failed we the people, but what is new. Now those of us that went through something recently with the symptoms have to wait for the antibodies test to come out to find out if we had it.

I live in MN and had many symptoms but never carried a fever or respiratory issues. When I researched, if I could get tested, I was told to go online for an online diagnosis. Which told me I most likely had it. But who freaking knows. What a freaking joke.

Both parties are at fault for this lack of testing ability disaster. Lesson to us all about the seriousness of pandemics. Hopefully other countries learn (talking to YOU China) the seriousness of this. I think the US will never get caught unprepared again.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We put gov't there...

Apr 5, 2020, 10:00 PM

Did you see this coming? If so, why didn't you run?

Enough with the blame game. We elect people...not savants.

Apr 5, 2020, 11:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Huge jump in recovereds today. Largest jump yet.... ]

If you didn’t run a fever or have respiratory issues what makes you think you had it ? I thought those were the big 2 to look out for

Apr 7, 2020, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Huge jump in recovereds today. Largest jump yet.... ]

I know, I’m so mad that the federal government didn’t have hundreds of millions of test kits for an unknown virus..... mad as hell!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 6, 2020, 8:20 AM

Hello, my friend.

Apr 6, 2020, 8:22 AM

User Logo
Spud®
Ring of Honor [31943]
TigerPulse: 100%
Huge jump in recovereds today. Largest jump yet.... [16]
Posted: Apr 4, 2020 12:53 PM

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

14,486 and counting.....

Message was edited by: Spud®

PLEASE SIR HAVENT YOU HEARD. ONLY DOOM AND GLOOM ALLOWED TO BE REPORTED.

Apr 7, 2020, 1:55 PM

As BUS and Martha would say, “ Uuh a huh.”

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic