Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How much do you spend on Clemson football per season?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

How much do you spend on Clemson football per season?

Mar 25, 2019, 8:36 AM

Simple question...everything included, from tickets, to tailgate food, to parking, to hotels for away games...how much total do you spend supporting this team and enjoying the sport?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How much do you spend on Clemson football per season?

Mar 25, 2019, 8:38 AM

too much

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2019, 8:48 AM

For the sake of my health I’ve never done the math... worst part about becoming elite is how much money I spend in Jan on football but I’ll take it every time.

Bout 4K.. 5k is my limit... and I find it gets harder

Mar 25, 2019, 8:49 AM

...and harder to justify that amount of money for entertainment.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

If you add up everything it’s a big number.

Mar 25, 2019, 9:15 AM

We went to all home games, aTM, ACC champ, Cotton and Natty. Add in IPTAY and tailgating and I’m right at 20k.

It’s expensive these days.

Re: If you add up everything it’s a big number.

Mar 25, 2019, 11:23 AM

Can I borrow a couple bucks?

Mar 25, 2019, 9:41 AM

Last year my wife and I went to all home games, aTm, Cotton Bowl and Natty. I don't like to keep records since it not tax deductible and I really don't want to know how much was spent, but I did a little math and it confirmed my suspicions, about 15k last year. It's a lot, but so far it has been worth it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2019, 9:43 AM

About $4000 with parking tailgating and away games and that is to sit in the upper deck. You would think that by now we would have better than metal bleachers. I have to add $120 a year to get the cat backs installed. I don't mind the money but if you compare us to other top programs we are pretty pricey.

Mar 25, 2019, 10:05 AM

About $300 (only went to WF game) if you don’t count my cable bill.

Mar 25, 2019, 10:27 AM

I don't want to know. Helps me say "I don't know" truthfully to my wife.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The number is getting harder to justify. The number is...

Mar 25, 2019, 10:29 AM

$6500 for 7 home games...and I have sat 17 row from the top of the upper deck for the last 2 years. If I assume that $1000 is the parking part of my donation, I am paying 3.5x my minimum seat equity for my "cloud" seats. I went up a level in IPTAY donations for the upcoming season. If I get the same seats again, I will re-examine my IPTAY philosophy. I could save myself about $2000/year if I drop my annual IPTAY giving level to cover minimum seat equity. This includes an allowance of $1250/year for private parking. I truly like supporting Clemson athletes/athletics with my IPTAY donation, but, looking at the above numbers, IPTAY needs to re-evaluate their processes. I am eligible to purchase about 10 tickets per year, but only purchase 2. In my opinion, your "primary" seats should carry some extra weight. It is obvious to me that the majority of the seats around my "cloud" seats are the last of the "extra" seats purchased by people who purchase every seat that they can because there are very few people who sit around me who I see frequently during the season. I even see fans of the opposing team sitting around me a lot. They probably bought them from Stub Hub from IPTAY members who overbought the number of tickets that they really needed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

I didn't multiple by 7 for gas and tailgating...

Mar 25, 2019, 10:45 AM

It is $7675/per year for 2 "cloud" seats for 7 home games...about $1100/game for 2 "cloud" seats.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

Mar 25, 2019, 10:32 AM

Less than on basketball (seriously).

If I count a branding "refresh" for the kids in the fall, I would not have spent a thing. A newborn will keep you at home (both time and money). However, by November, the baby was able to go to basketball games. So we were there for mid-day weekend games.

Mar 25, 2019, 11:16 AM

I also bought basketball tickets to a couple of early season games on cyber Monday. Paid $5 per ticket (moved down to the good seats as hardly anyone was there) plus free parking so I am all in for $20 bucks on b-ball

Mar 25, 2019, 12:16 PM

As I live over 4000 miles away, and on the other side of an ocean, my spend is merely the monthly TV satellite subscription for ESPN and BT Sport, which I think comes to about £250 per annum.

Mar 25, 2019, 12:17 PM

We do all home games and 1 away. Spent the weekend in Clemson for all home games. Around $10,000 I would guess.

Mar 25, 2019, 12:47 PM

I’m paying for 4 seats that were originally my grandparents then my parents now mine.
After it’s all said and done with bowl games and ACCCG and this year I went to the NC.
I figure roughly 12-15 k . I only spent about 1k on the NC game this year because tickets were cheap.
I can fly free anywhere in the Con USA.

Mar 25, 2019, 2:27 PM

Apparently not enough to get really good parking. If I had won that billion dollar lottery, I would have REALLY good parking and a great tailgate.

Do you think they'd let me build a helicopter landing pad near the Oculus?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$4,448.92 ... give or take***

Mar 25, 2019, 2:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic