Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How many old farts have told you
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 68
| visibility 1

How many old farts have told you

Feb 10, 2018, 12:53 PM

Trevor needs to cut his hair? I’ve had at least a handful....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They cut Sampson's hair. How'd that work out?***

Feb 10, 2018, 12:59 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: They cut Sampson's hair. How'd that work out?***

Feb 10, 2018, 1:00 PM

Preach!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They didn't cut Sampson hair...

Feb 10, 2018, 1:10 PM [ in reply to They cut Sampson's hair. How'd that work out?*** ]

Delilah cut Sampson's hair after she gave him that stuff that has the drug in it that knocks a man out. She bore some of the blame for cutting his hair but a man of God sleeping with a woman whose name means 'Faithless one,' is asking for trouble.

He lost his strength and ultimately his life over a night in that bodoir.

How any of this related to TL is beyond me unless someone need to tell him to steer clear of wicked women. As if that will work.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How many old farts have told you

Feb 10, 2018, 1:00 PM

coming from an era where I heard that A lot, just leave him alone and let him play!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am an old fart and I wish I still had that hair - memories***

Feb 10, 2018, 1:07 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am an old fart and I wish I still had that hair - I do

Feb 10, 2018, 2:10 PM

but its ear hair and nose hair now. Not on my head

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My hair is still down my back.

Feb 10, 2018, 4:14 PM

Unfortunately so are the roots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL but so true***

Feb 10, 2018, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Re: I am an old fart and I wish I still had that hair - I do ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's how I feel.

Feb 10, 2018, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Re: How many old farts have told you ]

It takes years to grow it out and five minutes to decide to cut it. Let the boy alone.

Feb 10, 2018, 1:01 PM

Put me down as a YES. And, Full Disclosure -- I'm an old fart.

Feb 10, 2018, 1:02 PM

I think he should dread it.

Feb 10, 2018, 1:04 PM

Remember, old farts wore long hair as did I. I’m a child of the sixties, so the hair does not bother this old fart.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Feb 10, 2018, 2:54 PM

I beg your pardon. Our generation started long hair on guys and were the first generation to really buck the status quo. We love long hair.

Actually, long hair has come and gone for centuries.

Feb 10, 2018, 4:13 PM

The two world wars created circumstances where incoming soldiers had their hair cut short to help control lice and other critters. Previous to WWI long hair was fairly popular.

Feb 10, 2018, 1:06 PM

I had hair like than when I was at Clemson, and still do now.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2018, 1:20 PM

i bet its flowing - bangs or feathered??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Feb 10, 2018, 1:24 PM

think brad pitt in interview with a vampire.

Feb 10, 2018, 1:25 PM

sweet

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

I don't think a mullet counts

Feb 10, 2018, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Re: How many old farts have told you ]

Neither do rat tails or ponytails

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2018, 1:07 PM

Most just wish they had enough hair to grow long!!....????

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Feb 10, 2018, 1:14 PM
IMG_0092.JPG(117.8 K)

Jesus says hey

What you should do is...

Feb 10, 2018, 1:14 PM

ignore it.

ty

I am an old fart and I am ok with it

Feb 10, 2018, 1:15 PM

Yep

I'm old too and have no problem with long hair

Feb 10, 2018, 1:33 PM

as long as his long downfield pass is as good as has been advertised for so long. Was that enough longs?

I don't think you're being honest, Hop.

Unless you're calling people in their 40s old. I know everyone on this thread near my age is fine with letting him decide how he wears his hair.

My daughters wore long hair because they knew daddy believed it was beautiful. My sons wore theirs mostly short because it was a generational thing.

I wonder if the people squealing about the boys hair aren't a bit younger than old farts.

Re: I don't think you're being honest, Hop.

Feb 10, 2018, 2:39 PM

Maybe you’re not quite an old fart yet? You’ve seen Remember the Titans when Coach Boone makes Sunshine cut his hair? That movie was set in the late 60’s I believe. I wasn’t born until the late 80’s but judging from movies/pictures long hair didn’t start coming in until the 70’s right?

Late sixties!***

Feb 10, 2018, 3:32 PM

You get your history lesson from fiction writers and

Feb 10, 2018, 4:08 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't think you're being honest, Hop. ]

Hollywood? I don't think so.

I've warned you what dallying with the devil by playing politics on the P&R board would do to you. Look at you now, presenting things as truth when there's little to no truth involved. Shame on you.

Re: You get your history lesson from fiction writers and

Feb 10, 2018, 4:12 PM

It’s the liberal coming out in me.....

I’ve started leaning a little more that way since I started reading the Bible for myself. ??

Feb 10, 2018, 4:49 PM

Weird.

I started leaning liberal when i QUIT reading the Bible.

??

Feb 10, 2018, 6:03 PM

I don't think there is any doubt Jesus would be labeled a liberal.

Feb 10, 2018, 6:17 PM

Jhop83® said:

I don't think there is any doubt Jesus would be labeled a liberal.

He'd probably be considered liberal by hardcore righties but i don't think he'd be liberal.

I R one, and if Trevor wins us Nattys, he can grow it long

enough to tie it around his waist for all I care.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

None of my farts have ever said anything to me.***

Feb 10, 2018, 1:18 PM

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

JHop is a liar, just trolling you nice people on a Saturday.

Feb 10, 2018, 1:21 PM

This is his thing, his soul existence on this board.

You need a hearing aid.

Feb 10, 2018, 1:31 PM [ in reply to None of my farts have ever said anything to me.*** ]

Mine sing.

How many old farts have told you "fear the thumb"

Feb 10, 2018, 1:27 PM

and the other hand
and both feet.

Feb 10, 2018, 1:31 PM

A lot of us old farts are children of the sixties. Long hair was the fashion. When we were on the football team, the rule was keep your hair cut. I was in the Navy shortly after high school. Boot camp hair cuts were to the skin almost, afterwards you could let it grow a very moderate length. When I got out, I said, no one would ever tell me how to dress or wear my hair, again. Mr. Lawrence, and anyone else that cares, wear your hair the way you want.

'72 Graduate and I had long hair as well

Feb 10, 2018, 1:37 PM

I just turned 67 and believe that Jimmy Buffett had it correct. When I get old I am not going to cut my hair or change my underwear. My wife does make me change my underwear. Thanks "Honey".

Trevor looks awesome with his long hair. I wouldn't want to change it at all.

Feb 10, 2018, 1:40 PM

Well, I’m a grandpa and that’s exactly how we wore our hair in the late 70’s

Feb 10, 2018, 1:45 PM

Some of us old farts had hair that long once. Ah, the sunny slopes of long ago!

Uh, none...

Feb 10, 2018, 1:46 PM

I am an old fart and when I was TL’s age we all had long hair. Old farts... not as clueless as you (apparently) think.

Feb 10, 2018, 2:22 PM

i'm 71 and much more interested in his performance on the field than the length of his hair.i too had shoulder length hair at one point in my life,but uncle sam,my stylist,talked me out of it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Grow it while you got it..but if it takes a second off my 40

Feb 10, 2018, 2:33 PM

yard dash I would consider it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And how does that affect you?***

Feb 10, 2018, 2:35 PM

Zero***

Feb 10, 2018, 2:45 PM

Feb 10, 2018, 2:49 PM

I'm an "old fart" and like His hair. In fact, I would like it for myself. Either long or short. Would love to have hair period!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2018, 2:51 PM

Kick the #### out of them

I don’t think guys with long hair actually fart do they ?

Feb 10, 2018, 3:03 PM

Feb 10, 2018, 3:06 PM

I'm an old fart. I don't care how long Trevor's hair. And the only difference between me and you.....is time. You'll be an old fart quicker than you think.

Maybe the OP is half way there?***

Feb 10, 2018, 4:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just leave him alone, don't make him sing some

Feb 10, 2018, 3:15 PM

pledge and don't hassle him if he and his friend's number 1 priority for the summer is Aerosmith tickets.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nobody cares.***

Feb 10, 2018, 3:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Zero even mentioned it. Are you looking for it maybe?

Feb 10, 2018, 3:24 PM

Nm

Define Old Farts, PLEASE?

Feb 10, 2018, 4:14 PM

I imagine most of the male student body in the 70s had longer hair than the young poots in the decades that have followed to today.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

How many young poots know

Feb 10, 2018, 4:38 PM

that the 1969 freshman class was the last class that the vast majority of the male students had their heads shaved?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

They start that crap I just bite my tongue and...

Feb 10, 2018, 4:42 PM

Push their wheelchairs into oncoming traffic. It shuts them up.

??

~JKB

Feb 10, 2018, 4:53 PM

Jhop83® said:

Trevor needs to cut his hair? I’ve had at least a handful....

I am an old fart(as you refer) and I do not care how anyone wears their hair. What I wish would happen is a rule change for the majority of the hair be under the helmet. Some of them have it hanging so low as to cover their name and half of their number. The thing that I really dislike is that some of you guys referring to Trevor as "Sunshine" to me , this is insulting the kid--every one just needs to drop this.JMO

IDGAF - just win. (and I'm an old fart)

Feb 10, 2018, 6:08 PM

Sad but true. I have heard that BS more than once.

Feb 10, 2018, 6:43 PM

Think I'm approaching that status. Not much shy of 50. Considering I had to flip my hair out from my eagle scout neckerchief when it was put on at the ceremony, not likely I'd complain. And to quote a song only us old farts remember...leave this long haired country boy alone.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know you've raised a real tiger fan when you ask your son what he wants his cub scout pinewood derby car to be and he says a Tiger!

Feb 10, 2018, 7:22 PM

Personally at almost sixty-five I’ve seen quite a bit, but Trevor needs to figure this out himself. Something tells me the first time his hair gets pulled in a tackle he will consider the length.

His teammates may also give him a hard time so who knows. I am interested in how he plays not so much how he looks, but he does represent the university as well

Go Tigers!

TL's hair is his meal ticket & will benefit Clemson brand***

Feb 10, 2018, 10:45 PM

Feb 11, 2018, 12:39 AM

You pick the most childish topics to go on a rant. I have head that from older people but also the young crowd. I’m 62 and personally I think he can grow it to the floor as long as it doesn’t interfere on football

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Feb 11, 2018, 1:02 AM

So says the guy who was excited about us having more white players this year in basketball.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Feb 11, 2018, 8:45 AM

So you came in at 1am and got on tigernet? Struck out again huh?

I have reached "old fartedness" and I don't care...

Feb 11, 2018, 9:26 AM

if he grows his hair down to his ####, nor would many of my friends. I had an afro(natural frizz) when I was in college and I was blond and a mighty white, white dude. I hope he tucks it in his helmet though, being tackled by the hair is no fun.

Feb 11, 2018, 9:59 AM

Define "old farts" - you hippie!

Go Tigers!!!

i resemble that remark, but aint said a word!

Feb 11, 2018, 11:15 AM

take it back, hipster! :)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Replies: 68
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic