Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How many losses in a row until YOU personally decide
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

How many losses in a row until YOU personally decide

Dec 2, 2013, 8:54 AM

enough is enough? Being serious...this is the same thing that got Lloyd Carr fired (and he won a national championship!). For me, the number is 7. I think for the admin, it is probably more like 8 or 9. It's got to the point that I could care less about 10 win seasons...wins over Wake Forest and Georgia Tech and NC State. Sure, they make it bearable, but in all reality, you HAVE to beat SC at some point. That point for me is over the next two years. I don't care if he wins the ACC championship twice in a row...if he loses to SC twice more, I'm done.

Please give a number (of losses in a row) and your reasoning.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Five***

Dec 2, 2013, 8:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

So you think CDS should be fired today?***

Dec 2, 2013, 9:02 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

pat haden would've on the team bus ride back from lumbia.***

Dec 2, 2013, 9:08 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, but I'm at the point where enough is enough and

Dec 2, 2013, 9:10 AM [ in reply to So you think CDS should be fired today?*** ]

I can't tolerate that crap anymore. I've said for a while that Dabo has been changing the perception of this program. However, it is clear now that the only change is that we no longer lose to inferior opponents. 2 consecutive losses to FSU and 5 in a row vs the coots and I can't lie...enough is enough. I expect changes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

You know what they say about expecting?

Dec 2, 2013, 9:12 AM

Takes 9 months ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

9 months of misery***

Dec 2, 2013, 9:13 AM

2***

Dec 2, 2013, 8:55 AM

Seven

Dec 2, 2013, 8:57 AM

That's the most that Clemson has won in a row.

I think we will beat the chickens next year in Death Valley

Dec 2, 2013, 8:57 AM

and that will end all this nonsense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think we will beat the chickens next year in Death Valley

Dec 2, 2013, 9:05 AM

Are you serious. They have the youngest team in the FBS, and look who we lose.

Our D will be even better and will stonewall them.***

Dec 2, 2013, 9:06 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this true?***

Dec 2, 2013, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Re: I think we will beat the chickens next year in Death Valley ]

Yes.

Dec 2, 2013, 9:36 AM

Unless Quarles, Hampton, and others turn pro, SC loses less people than Clemson. However, I do expect Clemson to have one of its best defenses in a long time in 2014, particularly if Beasley and all other juniors stay.

The sad thing is that it used to be SC that choked in this game. Got to give Spurrier credit. Dabo needs to learn how to get the players relaxed and not playing uptight. A stop to the trick play calling when it was not needed will help. If Clemson had scored on the opening drive, I think the team would have relaxed. Aside from the turnovers, the most disappointing thing is that the defense could not stop Connor Shaw from running the ball.

five did it for me***

Dec 2, 2013, 8:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How many losses in a row until YOU personally decide

Dec 2, 2013, 9:01 AM

I'll preface my answer by admitting to be somewhat of a "pumper". I love Dabo and want him to be the head coach asst Clemson for the next 25 years.

My honest answer would probably be 7 as well, although after the game Saturday night I would've said 6. We should win next year, but if not then 2015 is a win or move on type game.

Dec 2, 2013, 9:01 AM

That's when Dabo started setting precedents that haven't occurred in my lifetime.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

did your kids wear their gamecock gear to skewl today?***

Dec 2, 2013, 9:03 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2013, 9:04 AM

Well since in the history of the programs no team has won 6 in a row, it had better be FIVE

Dec 2, 2013, 9:11 AM

You mean your team hasn't ever won 6 in a row. Clemson has and went on to win a 7th. The time to let a coach go is when he has a bad season on top of losing to his rival. The rivalry opens the coach up to excess criticism but until they have a bad season firing isn't on the table.

null

wiki "Lloyd Carr"***

Dec 2, 2013, 9:12 AM

NO way we wait for 7. I think this is Dabo's last chance.***

Dec 2, 2013, 9:08 AM

Dec 2, 2013, 9:09 AM

I'm not attending any more USC Clemson games. Not because we lose. It's just because I'm tired of going to Williams Brice every other year since 2009 and watch a good Clemson team absolutely fall on their face. With the exception of the 2012 game, these haven't been enjoyable games to watch.

Seriously I don't know if it's the fact that USC has more in state atheletes that grew up with the rivalry or something. The USC players always seem so much more into the game.

I grew up in Anderson. Attended 1st game in the 50's, but

Saturday did it for me. I have resigned myself that as long as Dabo is head coach, we will have a winning season, but never a team that can play consistently on the national level.

What is so funny to me is until 2011 ( 2 years ago) we had

Dec 2, 2013, 9:15 AM

not had a team at the national level for 20+ years. Now here we are in the mix and people act like this has been going on forever. That is so funny to me since I have followed the Tigers for decades and wanted them to be in top 10 discussions and etc. And this year and last we have. Can we not make the next step in the next year or two?

Getting beat is one thing, but....

effectively giving the game away as the result of mental mistakes and unforced errors is another matter entirely.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Exactly..

Dec 2, 2013, 9:29 AM

And how hard is it for someone to spy on a 40 year old bald qb that was their ONLY offense.

Dropping balls, receivers who obviously cant get open unless it is a screen pass, an offensive cordinator who chokes on his own spit against like competition.

Beating basketball schools year in and year out just isnt enough.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As much as you'd like to....

Dec 2, 2013, 9:32 AM

you can't fault the coaches for this one. Unforced errors by the players cost us this one.

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

^^^^^ Exactly!

Dec 2, 2013, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Getting beat is one thing, but.... ]

A loss is tough to stomach when two teams take the field and fight for a win. But when a loss is wrapped up with 6 shiny bows, it's a gift and it's nauseating.

Dec 2, 2013, 9:16 AM

I was fed up completely at three, and would have fired him at four. Unfortunately, as long as we continue to win 9 or 10 against the Sisters of the Poor, he's not going anywhere. For high school seniors as a point of reference, we have not beten USC since they were in the 7th grade. We can talk all we want about our "domination" of the series, but that is ancient history to the guys we are trying to recruit and also to kids growing up and becoming a fan of a certain team.

Dec 2, 2013, 9:27 AM

Are you one of the guys that wanted TB fired? He did beat usuck, but did not win the bowls/ACCCG/make it to BCS bowls

Tom Osburne lost his first 8 to Oklahoma & Switzer

Dec 2, 2013, 9:31 AM

Man he really turned that around.

However, I'm incredibly pissed. Namely about abandoning the run game in the 4th; we came out and threw it five straight times before handing off to McDowel, who promptly picked up over a dozen. Then Tajh fumbles on the next play.

I thought our playcalling was horrible, Bryant was non-esistent, Humphries had the worst game of his career and the offense played really tight as the game wore on.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic