Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This one is for you folks just itching to give a thumbs down
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,936

This one is for you folks just itching to give a thumbs down

Jul 12, 2012, 4:36 PM

--"Our most saddening and sobering finding is the total disregard for the safety and welfare of Sandusky's child victims by the most senior leaders at Penn State."

--"The most powerful men at Penn State failed to take any steps for 14 years to protect the children who Sandusky victimized."

--"failed to protect against a child sexual predator harming children for over a decade."

I said this on here once and got TD'd enough that I finally deleted the post. Now I feel the need to rant and the TDs just don't matter. Reading this report takes me right back to my inital thought:

Joe Paterno should always be remembered as a man in power who willingly chose to turn his back to the rape of young vulnerable boys in favor of his own self important image and that of his program. I will never consider him to have been one of the greatest coaches, but instead another example of human failure.

Arguments that attempt to refer to him as a good Christian man, an older guy who didn't understand these things, or a man whose done more good than bad are just ignorant and blind to any logic of what any decent human being would have done. Does "coaching up" some student athletes outweigh the condoning of 10+ years of child rape? Can't imagaine anyone truly feels that way, including his former players and most certainly Sandusky's victims who just needed somebody to stand up for them nad give the voice they didn't have... not someone to help cover it up.

Whatever penalty Penn St faces seems irrelevant. As angry and sad as it makes me there really is nothing that can be done at this point to make up for the damage done... damage that could have been avoided.

--(Paterno) "was an integral part of this active decision to conceal."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8159195/report-says-penn-state-nittany-lions-senior-officials-disregarded-children-welfare

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Paterno has probably been somewhat

Jul 12, 2012, 4:40 PM

senile the last 10 years or so, I find it hard to believe that the PSU Pres and BOT are getting off scot-free...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Paterno has probably been somewhat- I doubt they are

Jul 12, 2012, 5:00 PM

I suspect and frankly hope some folks will get jail time over this. the lack of action on something this serious is apalling

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why someone would do this to a child is Disgusting.

Jul 12, 2012, 5:09 PM

Why somebody wouldn't step up and put an end to it just blows my mind!

Re: Why someone would do this to a child is Disgusting.

Jul 12, 2012, 5:53 PM

agreed particularly the patriarch of the school who has kids and grand kids of his own.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really hope that they expose everyone that had knowledge

Jul 12, 2012, 5:14 PM

of what was happening and that they are all held accountable. The media put so much effort into finding out anyone and everyone that Tiger Woods slept with (not condoning affairs) but it would be nice to see that same amount of effort here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This one is for you folks just itching to give a thumbs down

Jul 12, 2012, 5:27 PM

If only Paterno could have lived to see this day and had to face up to his failure to do the right thing.
Those who protected Sandusky for their own self interest are now ruined forever and deserve it.

If a man won't protect a child from a rapist he is something less than human.

Listened to five minutes of the dipstick on WCCP defend Paterno today. Wrong.

How many children were raped after 1998?

Jul 12, 2012, 6:01 PM

That answers it ALL!

Heck, even after 2001?!

No way can I have any appreciation for Paterno, nor any school official when I look at the answer to my question above.

And while I am at it, is anyone else tired of seeing the son trotting out there to speak? Either dig up Joe and let him talk, or shut up!

Re: How many children were raped after 1998?

Jul 14, 2012, 5:14 AM

Far too many

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Truth is none of us know what actually happened. Let the man

Jul 14, 2012, 5:33 AM

RIP.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Rot In Place?"***

Jul 16, 2012, 12:01 AM

Based on The Thorough Investigation

Jul 16, 2012, 12:15 AM [ in reply to Truth is none of us know what actually happened. Let the man ]

by the former head of the FBI, I believe we DO know what happened. Sickening, nauseating,criminal behavior by all involved. Paterno and the others above him enabled this horrific abuse of very vulnerable children to continue.
Take the statue down!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

two thoughts on this whole thing

Jul 15, 2012, 11:58 PM

1. Paterno was a part of what didn't happen, i.e. reporting/ stopping the abuse. He was not the only one involved. I hope that he is not made into the scapegoat for this whole thing in order to shed blame from the others who were involved and didn't talk.

2. Do not take down his statue. Let it stand FOR EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED. Put a reminder next to his statue that he was human (i love the fact that on his mural, the artist went back and painted over his "halo"), he and other failed those children, and that this will ALWAYS be a part of Penn State history.I think it would actually be easier to forget this incident if you take down the statue.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,936
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic