Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How many RB's in this draft? where would ET be slotted ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

How many RB's in this draft? where would ET be slotted ?

Jan 7, 2020, 9:34 PM

2nd or 3rd RB ?

would he go before O st RB ? ( I was thinking no - but they aren't really the same style )

I'm guessing he might be top 15 pick. -- how far off would that be ?

how many RB next years draft ???

I'm thinking 30% chance or less he comes back ...... ???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: How many RB's in this draft? where would ET be slotted ?

Jan 7, 2020, 9:42 PM

It’s more than that. If he has a huge game he might go but I believe he will come back. He loves Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

I expect Chase to leave after the semester - I would expect

Jan 7, 2020, 9:52 PM

it. He can play 2 years for another team.

But I feel like he almost might come back.

I just can't imagine how awesome it must be getting coached and inspired by the current staff. It must be a dream, albeit a LOT of focus and hard work.

but can imagine being a player and being coached by this staff. ?????????

null

Re: Chase has to make a decision

Jan 8, 2020, 9:54 AM

Does he want to be a player going forward - if so he leaves and gets his chance.

Does he want to be a coach going forward - then he stays and learns from the best - he playing time will be reduced by the other talent in the QB room.

Jan 7, 2020, 10:08 PM

IMO I think ENT needs another year of college ball. He needs to improve on his pass blocking skills. l believe another year at Clemson could possibly help him to become a solid 2nd round pick or maybe a late first round pick.

If he leaves this year he could fall as far as late in the 3rd round or early 4th round. If he comes back to Clemson I believe it benefit ETN and could mean a lot more money in next years draft.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2020, 10:11 PM

His pass catch and run uptick this year has to have upped his value to the NFL .
I personally think he's coming back . Just get that feeling .
Either way , he'll have a great career because he is supremely gifted not above being a really good dude .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 7, 2020, 11:50 PM

IMHO he wins national championship MVP, burns it up at combine and goes in mid-late 1st round. If so, we'll miss him but he'll leave with another ring!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2020, 2:41 AM

I think you're off. I doubt any running back goes in the first round (No mock draft thus far has any of them as a 1st round pick). It's just not that valued of a position any more. But Etienne could end up the #2 running back and go in the second round, but that's not how things have mostly shaped up so far.

So far, the experts have Swift as the top RB prospect. I think that's probably fair, considering every UGA running back is unbelievable at the next level. It seems most experts have Taylor at second. They're divided about who's #3 between Etienne, Dobbins, Harris, and Hubbard. I'd probably drop Taylor and have Swift, Dobbins (you just can't argue with what he can do against even the best defenses), Etienne as my top 3. I'd still say it's most likely that Etienne will go in the second or third round.

Jan 8, 2020, 9:57 AM

As far as the NFL is concerned, ETN is about 4th or 5th RB in this draft. That translates into 3rd or 4th round.

Jan 8, 2020, 10:22 AM

That seems to vary year to year. In 2019 there were only 2 RBs taken in the first two rounds. In 2018 there were 7 RBs taken in the first two rounds. In 2017 there were 4 RBs taken in the first two rounds.

Jan 8, 2020, 4:38 AM

Swift UGA
JK Dobbins OSU
J Taylor Wisc

All would probably go before ETN on the surface. Workouts may change that, but if that does happen probably mid 2nd to early 3rd right now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It seems to me...

Jan 8, 2020, 4:51 AM

It seems to me from talking with pro scouts now and then that he is the total package and durable. Love him, but I think he's gone after this.

To name a few...

Jan 8, 2020, 5:39 AM

D'Andre Swift, Georgia
Jonathan Taylor, Wisconsin
J.K. Dobbins, Ohio State
Cam Akers, Florida State
Najee Harris, Alabama
Clyde Edwards-Helaire, LSU
Chuba Hubbard, Oklahoma State
Zack Moss, Utah
Lamical Perine, Florida

Etienne would probably go somewhere from 3rd to 6th. Last year 3rd was the 70th overall pick (3rd Round), and 6th was the 87th (also 3rd round). Running backs aren't typically a top priority in the draft. The only reason the Raiders drafted a RB in the 1st round last year was probably because they had three 1st round picks. The 2nd RB drafted was late in the 2nd round (53rd pick).

I hope Travis comes back. But, I totally understand the allure of millions of dollars. I also understand the potential of injury (or inadvertently under-performing next year) looming over his head while playing another year - which could negatively affect his draft status. I don't know where he stands in regards to his degree, but I'm sure he could come back and finish it easily after his NFL career.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To name a few...

Jan 8, 2020, 10:03 AM

After seeing this list, it's the first time I think he may decide to return.

In my opinion he is clearly a better pick than 3 of these guys and probably a better pick then 5 of them.

I think from what we have seen in the NFL, he will definitely go behind Dobbins and Harris based on body type.

That means he could go anywhere from 3rd back taken to 6th or 7th back taken just based on NFL team preferences.

I'm not sure what next year's RB class looks like but that is a ton or room to fall based on unknowns this year.

I've never said this before, but there may be a small chance that he decides to fight against a smaller class next season and return.

Top 5 RB, 1st or 2nd round

Jan 8, 2020, 6:14 AM

While I'd love to see him return (ala CJ Spiller), it's hard for me to believe he will. He loves Clemson and I know we'd love to see him return. But, if he gets a 1st or 2nd round grade on his advisory committee evaluation, then I predict he's gone.

But there is a big difference between a 1st round contract and a 2nd round contract. And if he legitimately believes he could return for his senior year and become a definitive 1st round guy (which is hard to see as a RB), then returning would be financially smart.

I'd say 90% chance he goes. But, can you imagine the records he would own if he returned?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Top 5 RB, 1st or 2nd round

Jan 8, 2020, 6:58 AM

He can get a huge ins policy but everything I read, Willard is correct. Henry having a great year has uped Harris stock. But I'm reading Taylor then swift, dobbin Harris chubba tied, then perine.

Unless etn bust out Monday, imo he's looking at 4th round and that's not millions. Better served coming back.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2020, 7:05 AM

I have no idea.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2020, 9:52 AM

I'm sorry, but ETN will not go anywhere in the first round. His pass protection is still too weak.
Not a lot of RBs go early and there are three or four ahead of him in all around game (including pass catching and protection)

I think he comes back regardless of what happens this week.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic