Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How many IPTAY points do you need to get lowers?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,754

How many IPTAY points do you need to get lowers?

Jan 2, 2015, 4:56 PM

Anybody have any idea? I was talking to an IPTAY person earlier and they were very vague about it. Said the Jervey level is necessary but that's kind of dodging the question.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How many IPTAY points do you need to get lowers?

Jan 2, 2015, 5:06 PM

he was right to be vague. How many do you want. which side. if you want more than 2, do they have t be together? not "dissing" you, but there are some very good seats in the upper deck. maybe you should start there and build up points. be willing to bet that's the way most of us in the lower deck (including me) did it. If you want to get lower deck tix the first time you buy, I'd guess you'd better be prepared to pony up around $5K to IPTAY. ask your IPTAY rep to take all your info (like # of seats needed, etc I mentioned above) and talk to the tix office or call them yourself. good luck.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2015, 5:45 PM

I know it varies but I was just trying to figure out the minimum needed for 2 seats together anywhere lower.

50 points vs. say 30 points is pretty significant.

the donation level is primary for assigning seats, points

Jan 2, 2015, 5:54 PM

decide when at that level you come up. So even if you have a lot of points, but at a lower donation level, open seats will be assigned to the higher donation levels first.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

After our 4th straight 10-win season.......

Jan 2, 2015, 5:12 PM

10,000 points and $10,000.

Jan 2, 2015, 6:21 PM

there is no set number. The existing seat holders can give the minimum necessary to keep those particular seats based on the seat equity plan. In order to move into the available lower deck seats the highest donors for the seats get them first. Lets say (not real numbers but this is basically how it works):
50,000 seats bought in the lower deck
48,000 seats renewed
2,000 seats given up
22,000 iptay donors
20,000 iptay donors return
3,000 new iptay donors
5,000 iptay donors increase their donations,
3,000 iptay donors decrease their donations
after all the season ticket donors buy their same seats, the existing donors that meet those equity dollars can move, however many are left over, people can then move. It's a moving target. If you joined IPTAY when we weren't good, you could be in the lower deck for as little as 300 for two seats (plus the cost of the tickets). Now that the demand is higher, it is probably at least 2800 to get the same seats (but you would get a better parking pass). I know people that give 2800 and sit in the upper. I know people that give 300 and sit in the lower. Last year, for new donors, or existing donors, it took 2800 to get into the lower. You will not find anyone give you a firm number because this can not be figured out until all the orders come in. At Clemson, all the tickets cost the same amount regardless of where you sit. The incentive for giving more, is where your seats are. IPTAY donations are scholarship money and tax deductible. Season tickets are not.
Bottom line is who knows, but last year that number was 2800.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2015, 6:29 PM

Awesome post. Appreciate it.

Just to clarify, so once you have seats you must keep donating at the level that got you those seats in order to keep them. Correct?

Jan 2, 2015, 6:40 PM

No. Once you have them, you have them, the following year you can give the minimum necessary to keep them. You can't be displaced as long as you give the minimum. IPTAY can (and will) adjust the seat equity plan soon. It has not changed in a long time. I predict it will for the 2016 donation year (which begins in August of 2015). Just so you know, if you want in for 2015, 1/2 of your donation must be in somewhere around the middle of Feb. if not, you can't buy season football tickets. Personally, I have mine of automatic bank draft (12 payments) so it's easier to manage and not have to pay a big chunk at one time.

In other words, if you give 2800 to get them, the following year you may only need to give 700 to keep them.

Message was edited by: cha2ga®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,754
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic