Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How long until either Elliot or Scott gets hired away?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

How long until either Elliot or Scott gets hired away?

Jan 12, 2017, 4:03 PM

There's been a lot of chatter about how inventive our play calling was during the playoff run, and I'm assuming at some point one or both of them will get a lot of interest. How long is having co-offensive coordinators going to be tenable?

GO TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How long until either Elliot or Scott gets hired away?

Jan 12, 2017, 4:08 PM

I like to dream that nothing is going to change. Dabo loves the school, BV's son is coming so that should keep him through 2021/2022. JS and TE are grads...so who knows?

Jan 12, 2017, 4:09 PM

Anouncement tomorrow , I just followed 2 mayflower and 3 united van lines trucks pulling
into Clemson ,. Dabo flew to Birmingham for interview at the sec offices they want his signature
before they fire Saban .

Anything else ???

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2017, 4:15 PM

> Anouncement tomorrow , I just followed 2 mayflower
> and 3 united van lines trucks pulling
> into Clemson ,. Dabo flew to Birmingham for
> interview at the sec offices they want his signature
>
> before they fire Saban .
>
> Anything else ???

I didn't say it was happening today or tomorrow.

We have two very talented people sharing what has traditionally been one job. It's not realistic to think that both will stay in the situation forever, it's a worthy discussion.

Jan 12, 2017, 4:21 PM

I feel the same way. Even though I would hate to see it. It's gonna be tough to keep both over the next few years while we're on this run. My question is which of these guys would we rather not lose. We would be selfish to want to keep them forever.

Jan 12, 2017, 4:25 PM

We just won the National Championship and all you can think of is changing something that just Champed .

SMH SMH

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guarantee of 5 million over Harblough per Year I hope!!!!!!!

Jan 12, 2017, 10:29 PM [ in reply to Re: How long until either Elliot or Scott gets hired away? ]

:) :) :)! Hopefully we can keep the Band together for a few more years Though!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 12, 2017, 4:25 PM

After their upcoming hefty pay raise and the talent coming back,
why would they leave? I don't believe both will leave but if one
does then Streeter would fill the void.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2017, 4:36 PM

I do believe that Streeter is the answer to QB. I think Streeter showed everyone his worth when he worked with Stoudt before the Oklahoma game. We need to keep him as the QB coach to see where he takes the next QB to. Unfortunately, its going to be hard to keep both OC because they are basically sharing the same salary. I do se them getting a significant pay raise but will it be enough to keep them here? It really all depends on how they feel about money. Remember a couple of years ago Dabo turned down a pay raise to give it to his other coaches. Will he push to have them get paid what they are worth or are they going to have to continue to share the OC pay? I'd love to see all the coaches stay for a few more years. Go Tigers, 2016 National Champions.

Jan 12, 2017, 6:44 PM

Why couldn't Streeter still coach the QB? Morris did.Elliot coaches RB and
Scott coaches Rec.Am i right? Maybe i'm wrong so fill me in.

Scott goes first...next year

Jan 12, 2017, 9:09 PM

Dabo will be the next template for schools looking for the next hot young coach. Jeff Scott is the closest thing to Dabo you'll ever see. If a school is looking to replicate the culture Dabo's build here, Scott is the only person that can do it with authenticity.

Then Elliot moves to OC/WR coach. Streeter stays at QB/Recruiting Coord. Dabo makes Terry Allen full time RB Coach after he finishes his degree.

The question on everyone's mind tonight .

Jan 12, 2017, 9:12 PM

Is Venables tenable ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Auburn is going to talk

Jan 12, 2017, 9:14 PM

to Scott.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Auburn is going to talk

Jan 12, 2017, 9:16 PM

Jeff Scott is close friends with Tom Hermann at Texas .
Hmm.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

How long until BOTH are making a $Million plus ??

Jan 12, 2017, 10:14 PM

Sure sooner or later I can see them branching out -- but they are still very young and deeply entrenched both went to school here and both have a LOT to learn.

the main reason Sweeney got the head coach nod is not only the support and backing -- but he already had his own head coaching master plan in hand on the day --- he was already ready.

I wonder if Elliot & Scott already have a complete binder together on hiring and managing a staff and being a head coach ..... just curious

I think they both stay 3 more year and ride this horse a bit longer.

null

You win like we have you will eventually lose guys

Jan 12, 2017, 10:23 PM

But Dabo has built a coaching bench. Streeter was an OC. The two high school guys brought in this year will eventually transition to on field staff. NCAA talking about adding another assistant as well.

And we'll have guys lined up to come here. It's a good thing really. You want to be a place from where guys can pursue their dreams

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic