Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How is it that Dabo isn't happy with "anything offensively"?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

How is it that Dabo isn't happy with "anything offensively"?

Nov 20, 2014, 2:49 PM

He's said so many glowing things about Stoudt's play. Don't tell me that was all spin!?!?!?!?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How is it that Dabo isn't happy with "anything offensively"?

Nov 20, 2014, 2:50 PM

Coachspeak does as it pleases

So tell us what a coach should say publicly?

Nov 20, 2014, 2:52 PM

Should he single out players and toss them out as a scapegoat?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Good question . . .

Nov 20, 2014, 2:56 PM

No, he shouldn't throw them under the bus. He should definitely go easier on them in public than he would privately with them or other coaches.

HOWEVER, he should also not strain credulity by bending over backwards to portray play that has been, at best hot and cold, as somehow solid, or at times bordering on exemplary.

I respect Cole and what he's contributed for all the reasons Dabo says. Dabo just has a bit of a problem overselling sunshine even it's clearly raining.

He should say this

Nov 20, 2014, 3:00 PM [ in reply to So tell us what a coach should say publicly? ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVi1I6YT2j0

Why do yall interpret things in the dumbest way possible?

Nov 20, 2014, 2:58 PM

Anybody who thinks Swinney is satisfied with the way Stoudt played against GT based on his comments is an idiot. He benched Stoudt and put a glorified 4th stringer in there during the game. Why you think he's been "glowing" about Stoudt just because Stoudt is starting against Georgia-freaking- State, I don't know, other than that you just want something else to complain about.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You think this is solely about the Tech game?? ***

Nov 20, 2014, 3:05 PM

d

Maybe (just maybe)....

Nov 20, 2014, 3:07 PM

Dabo is trying to reasure Cole and help restore his confidence rather than denegrate him.

Just a thought

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Again . . .

Nov 20, 2014, 3:10 PM

Like I said, he *should* do that. He's just overselling it.

Re: Again . . .

Nov 20, 2014, 3:20 PM

There is a point of over working someone when you think you're building their confidence. I had the same problem with one of my basketball players; he was a great kid and a good attitude but did not play ball very good but I pushed him and wanted him to succeed. All the parents kept saying that he would be the fall of the team but I would not listen because I saw something in him. I played him at moments when he should have not played; granted he learned how to play better in the end while playing in the District championship game he was the overall downfall of the team but still to this day I will say the Myself and not him because I believe that anyone can be good. That kid is still a good player but sometimes some young men and women have to be moved along at a pace they can handle if you're looking for a Rudy story then it may backfire in your face. In the end as long as the coach takes blame for it I don't see the major problem just bad coaching that you can learn from. Which is what I'm doing right now.

Perhaps, but wouldn't you rather have that than Spurrier?

Nov 20, 2014, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Again . . . ]

A coach constantly throwing everyone under the bus.

And besides, if you know what Dabo is doing, even if he is "overselling", what does it matter?

Your logic will go over many folks head...

Nov 20, 2014, 3:34 PM

...and others will still want to know if you think we should have maybe possibly could have really woulda'coulda'shoulda' beat a couple more good teams than we have by now.

Any answer other than, "Gosh, those are good questions, I suppose we are behind UGa, LSU, FSU, SCar and shouldn't be any kind of happy with winning what we have and should possibly consider starting all over again with someone different since exactly what else would you suggest we are talking about?" will get you some type of ####### further question rather than folks just stating their own opinion under the guise of "just asking a question".

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Spot on.***

Nov 20, 2014, 4:41 PM

Re: Perhaps, but wouldn't you rather have that than Spurrier?

Nov 20, 2014, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Perhaps, but wouldn't you rather have that than Spurrier? ]

Dabo is a great man and coach in my opinion. All I'm saying is at the end of the day it all falls on coaching not saying he isn't doing a good job but ultimately it's on him. I support my team win or lose. GO Tigers !!!!!!

Re: Perhaps, but wouldn't you rather have that than Spurrier?

Nov 20, 2014, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Perhaps, but wouldn't you rather have that than Spurrier? ]

I see a lot of folks saying that Spurrier throws his guys under the bus. I haven't seen that, granted, I don't pay much attention to him at all. He does, it seems, give a little more realistic outlook than some coaches. Dabo has said on more than one occasion that Stoudt could play on Sunday. He obviously knew that this was not correct. Perhaps Dabo needs to just not over embellish our talent.

Based on how some of the fans have reacted...

Nov 20, 2014, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Again . . . ]

Maybe Dabo felt that a little added emblishment was necessary.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic