Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How is Arkansas so god awful?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

How is Arkansas so god awful?

Sep 22, 2019, 12:04 AM

I mean they were decent with Bielema. They are horrendous

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t remember them being decent under Belima

Sep 22, 2019, 12:09 AM

Their players aren’t very good. It’s a long term rebuild

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah they were decent for about half his seasons

Sep 22, 2019, 9:05 AM

They were never this bad. Not sure The Chad is is P5 HC material.

Re: Yeah they were decent for about half his seasons

Sep 23, 2019, 5:25 AM

He inherited a mess. Its worse than what Jimbo Fisher left at FSU. Morris needs 4 or 5 years.

Re: How is Arkansas so god awful?

Sep 22, 2019, 12:10 AM

The “Petrino effect”. He rolled through town like the bubonic plague rolled through medieval Europe......same result.

Jerry Jones must not be donating anymore.***

Sep 22, 2019, 12:11 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jerry Jones must not be donating anymore.***

Sep 22, 2019, 12:23 AM

I’m in Fayetteville right now. My oldest is a sophomore here and it’s parents weekend (dad’s day actually). Jerry’s money is still here and on full display. Fayetteville has an excellent college town feel and the campus is nice, the stadium is quite nice too. The football team is seriously lacking in talent though, especially both lines of scrimmage, just nothing there. I had lunch with a fourth generation razorback, he was knowledgeable about the program. He said when Arkansas is good they get the best players in Arkansas to come there AND they’ll add some good players out of TX. Right now, neither of those things are happening.

Sep 22, 2019, 12:16 AM

Do most people realize just how horrifically bad San Jose St usually is? They are almost always the sorriest team in the Mountain West.

This is outrageous for Arkansas.

It says a lot when Chad Morris can't bench a QB

Sep 22, 2019, 12:31 AM

with 5 INT's

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SJSU is 3-22 in their last two seasons

Sep 22, 2019, 12:34 AM [ in reply to Re: How is Arkansas so god awful? ]

definitely one of the weakest FBS programs

Not sure what “god awful” means...but I think Arkansas is struggling

Sep 22, 2019, 7:24 AM

because Chad Morris was an excellent OC, but maybe he can’t manage an entire program. It happens. It’s a very different job.

Re: Not sure what “god awful” means...but I think Arkansas is struggling

Sep 22, 2019, 8:07 AM

CHad was good but not great as an OC, made no in game adjustments, seemed to relish pounding a round peg in a square hole and as far as I can tell is not very good with QB's. Streeter had Cole rocking while the Chad had him floundering.

Right. Certainly had his flaws as OC...

Sep 22, 2019, 8:38 AM

But I’m dang glad Dabo hired him. I think he provided a spark to our program that is still paying dividends to this day.

Re: Right. Certainly had his flaws as OC...

Sep 22, 2019, 8:54 AM

Agreed, thing is I am glad he left in truth. He took us as far as he ever would due to his limitations on insisting he be QB coach and lack of in game adjustments. Streeter has been a blessing and Scelliot are better.

I'm not sure I've ever seen anything more blown out of

Sep 22, 2019, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Not sure what “god awful” means...but I think Arkansas is struggling ]

proportion than the Streeter - Cole thing. It was ONE GAME guys... not only that it was ONE bowl game against a big xii defense. You can't draw conclusion from one football game, and especially THAT football game. If he played a good chunk of a season under Streeter and consistently played better, then sure you can start to draw some conclusions, but it was ONE GAME. Just stop

Re: I'm not sure I've ever seen anything more blown out of

Sep 22, 2019, 9:22 AM

Okay do tell me how Streeter and Scelliot somehow took a very broken QB in Cole and made him look like the second coming? Oh, in Streeter he actually got a QB coach, Scelliot designed a game plan that played to his strengths and did not attempt to fit his abilities in a system he was not able to run. You mean those things?You think they would not have done the same as far as strategy over the course of a season? Yeah that would be called good coaching and not insisting on his way as an ego trip.

SO point to me where the Hogs are better too? I'll be waiting. The Chad is very likely to be out of a job soon and that is the truth. Arky fans are not as delusional as Coot fans but good grief they do expect better than this!

Oh i think Arkansas is worse. I'm not defending Chad

Sep 22, 2019, 1:14 PM

as a HC at all. I have a feeling he may be in over his head.

I just think the Cole Stoudt bowl performance is ridiculously overblown and it's silly to try to draw large conclusions from it. I'm not gonna try to explain anything because there's really nothing to explain. He had 1 really nice game. That's it. Lots of bad QBs have had 1 good game at some point in their careers. If he had a string of good games under Streeter i would feel differently, but there's just not enough data here to draw those kinds of conclusions. Maybe OU's defense was terrible. Maybe they didn't bring their A game to the bowl game. Maybe Stoudt was just having one of those days where he was feeling it. Or maybe y'all are right and Streeter had a significant impact on him in the 3 or 4 weeks leading up the bowl game. It's all possible.

He is in over his head

Sep 22, 2019, 1:20 PM

He in in over his head!

Arkansas had gotten to the point they were serious SEC west contenders under Petrino. So, they can get the players. Not about that. Morris has been there how long? Same results. Some head coaches only get 1 year to have turned the whole program around before they are deemed unworthy. CM has been there long enough to have brought in "his players" but they have not gotten better or even shown improvement.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's 4 games into his 2nd year Einstein...In what way is

Sep 23, 2019, 4:52 PM

that long enough to get "his" players? He hasn't even had a full recruiting season yet, that would be THIS year's class

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh Good Lord...The Second Coming of who? Will Proctor?***

Sep 23, 2019, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm not sure I've ever seen anything more blown out of ]

It is utterly ridiculous to base anything off of that one

Sep 23, 2019, 4:24 PM [ in reply to I'm not sure I've ever seen anything more blown out of ]

game, particularly how it all unraveled for OU

Sep 22, 2019, 8:00 AM

My 2 cents here is Chad has not learned still to alter a game plan to fit the players he has on the roster. He ,like he did here, continues to pound a round peg in to a square hole. When his plans do not work in the game he continues full steam ahead and thinks he is just smarter than everyone else. CHad will fail until he gets that while he believes in his sytem until those players arrive he is the one that must change.

Sep 23, 2019, 5:27 AM

He jas serious talent issues and he is building a team from nothing. He needs 4 to 5 years.

Sep 22, 2019, 8:44 AM

Chad morris isnt a great head coach. Good guy, solid OC but i expect him to be fired at some point.

Sep 22, 2019, 1:24 PM

On the offensive side of things, this is a total rebuild. Chad Morris's philosophy and Brett's are diametrically opposed.

Arkansas has always been a middling program. I'm assuming the administration recognizes this and is giving Morris a long leash to build things his way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

after enough generations of inbreeding

Sep 22, 2019, 1:36 PM

The gene pool gets kinda shallow... oh wait did you mean the football program at Arkansas? Well yeah kinda the same thing

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2019, 5:18 AM

SMU is 4-0 this season and just upset TCU....seems like they have improved after Chad left for Fayetteville.

Sep 23, 2019, 6:40 AM

A little tweak in the offense is all it takes sometimes. Clemson is a great example. Listen to what tigernet says and we would be undefeated.

Ken Hatfield is their all time winningest coach***

Sep 23, 2019, 5:26 AM

Re: Ken Hatfield is their all time winningest coach***

Sep 23, 2019, 4:16 PM

By percentage, yes, but not sure anyone would take him over Frank Broyles or Lou Holtz.

It's really unbelievable to me that Morris lost to SJSU, who was 1-11 last year, when he beat better teams than that with SMU talent. It's hard to imagine firing a coach in year 2 but if Arkansas loses to Western Kentucky (who Central Arkansas beat) it's going to be hard to justify losing to three G5 teams in two years. He's recruiting well but that only goes so far if you aren't winning.

Even Saint Danniford couldn't win much there.

Sep 23, 2019, 4:49 PM

:(

Look at their division and tell me how they will EVER get

Sep 23, 2019, 4:59 PM

out of 5th place...Best case scenario is a tie for 3rd

Re: Look at their division and tell me how they will EVER get

Sep 23, 2019, 5:40 PM

Well Nutt won the SEC West twice and Danny Ford won it once. Petrino won 10 and 11 games back to back and finished in the top 5 in the country. It's just been a lot of suck since then. Bielema was the first coach to ever finish last in the division. He did also finish 3rd once though.

People keep lumping A&M in with the others when Arkansas and A&M are pretty similar programs historically, Arkansas even has a winning record over A&M all-time. A&M isn't on the same level as LSU, Alabama or Auburn. They've always been all potential. Maybe that will change in the SEC but they haven't accomplished anything yet that Arkansas hasn't.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic