Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How great would it be if Pitt knocked of Notre Dame
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

How great would it be if Pitt knocked of Notre Dame

Oct 11, 2018, 8:20 AM

That would be the Pitt-iest thing for Pitt to do, go into South Bend and shock the world for the 3rd straight year?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Even greater in addition would be for LSU

Oct 11, 2018, 8:23 AM

to defeat the Dwags...kind of a super duper double-header weekend!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Even greater in addition would be for LSU

Oct 11, 2018, 8:32 AM

Not many folks believe LSU can do it , even at home .
I would give them a 50/50 chance this weekend though . No. 1 they just had a loss to Florida on the road , so there's extra motivation not to have consecutive losses , No. 2 they are playing at home and they are tougher there for sure . No. 3 they have a pretty good QB finally again .. no doubt they will be a tough out for the Dawgs .
I know I want them to win .

Geaux Tygers ! Beat JAWJA

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: How great would it be if Pitt knocked of Notre Dame

Oct 11, 2018, 8:23 AM

Notre Dame is an average defensive team playing really well against teams that can't score against average defenses .
I saw Book looking pretty average on about 4 consecutive possessions against VT .
I think we would beat them handily head to head . I would love to get the opportunity to do that , but I think they're going to drop one between then and now . Maybe to USC ... maybe to Syracuse . Somebody is going to get them .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

unfortunately, ain't happenin'***

Oct 11, 2018, 8:29 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Personally, I'd love it if ND kept us from having 2 SEC teams in it again***

Oct 11, 2018, 11:46 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Personally, I'd love it if ND kept us from having 2 SEC teams in it again***

Oct 11, 2018, 2:33 PM

ND will only prevent someone else from getting in.... its already been decidedtwo sec teams get in..... and one of them gets an extra week off

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

I disagree. I think it's highly unlikely the SEC gets 2 in.

Oct 11, 2018, 9:04 PM

Especially if Notre Dame goes undefeated.

Last year was a weird year with how things shook out. ACC Champ, SEC Champ, and Big XII Champ all got in, no surprises there since all had just 1 loss and all won their respective conference. Wisconsin would've been in as well if they had won the Big 10, but they lost. Although they finished with just 1 loss, it was in their conference championship game and the rest of their schedule wasn't great.

The Big 10 champ had 2 losses. and Pac 12 champ had 3 losses. They were automatically out of the top 4 with so many losses.

I'm not discounting the fact that the SEC could get 2 teams again, but an undefeated Notre Dame or a 1-loss conference champ will get in before a 1-loss SEC team that did not win their conference.

Message was edited by: Judge Keller®

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Oct 11, 2018, 2:12 PM

I think it would fall into the hubris theme of life we have been experiencing the last 10 years or so. I have heard about Clemson's losses to both Pitt and Cuse about a hundred times as how unpredictable college football is. We seem to be the only team referenced.

Then any time ND wins 3 games in a row their fans emerge like cockroaches from under the refrigerator puffing out their chests talking about national championships and the return of the 4 horsemen blah blah blah.

It only follows that both Pitt and Syracuse beat ND like a cheap rug so there will be a new college football unpredictability standard to use. But you no they will still stick with the Tigers cause the ND roaches will scurry back under the fridge and say they were in a rebuilding year anyway.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2018, 2:42 PM

I'm not real concerned about ND getting in over an undefeated Clemson. I'd rather have ND in over two SEC teams.

4th straight year right? Penn St, Clemson, Miami, and now hopefully ND.

Oct 11, 2018, 2:44 PM

Pitt actually kept Penn St out that forst year, or whenever that was.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Oct 11, 2018, 3:35 PM

It would be very cool indeed.

Oct 11, 2018, 8:54 PM

Would almost be willing to join their booster club, but based on their home game attendance, it would be a lonely sojourn.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic