Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How good is John Simpson?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

How good is John Simpson?

Nov 10, 2019, 12:32 PM

You usually don't talk much about a guard, but Oh Man, you watch the tape and Simpson just keeps jumping off of it.

That TD run was incredibly well-deserved; the guy has been devastating all year and is quietly playing his way into the top two rounds of the NFL draft, incredible for an OG. But man is his athleticism, physicality, and technique something to behold.

Start counting knockdowns and key blocks that spring guys for big gainers or TD's in just the highlights below and you'll see Simpson at the vanguard of half the plays in them. #74 is everywhere. (Although, it must be said, Tee Higgins is probably right there behind him; Higgins isn't just an exceptional WR; he's a relentless and dedicated blocker on the perimeter as well and NFL scouts are going to love his work without the ball as much as they do when it comes to him.)

Clemson's lead dogs are willing to do the work, whatever. But Dabo was dead-on to have Simpson be our offensive rep at ACC Media Day and he's showing exactly why this year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZSnop5_aZQ

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YeP, and watched John Simpson's TD & he dragged state player on his right leg..

Nov 10, 2019, 1:04 PM

into the endzone!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How good is John Simpson?

Nov 10, 2019, 7:51 PM

Simpson is not getting the press that he warrants, IMHO. Cervenka, another stud, seems to have become the OL media darling for CU even though he didn't start until midway through last year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

An embarrassment of riches.***

Nov 10, 2019, 7:56 PM

love watching Tee’s blocking downfield***

Nov 10, 2019, 8:00 PM

Re: How good is John Simpson?

Nov 10, 2019, 9:40 PM

I enjoyed his recruitment. I have enjoyed watching him grow as a player. I agree he has made substantial improvement in his draft stock and in his value to this team

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic