Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How far has the Dirtpecker "program" fallen when they now
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 115
| visibility 1

How far has the Dirtpecker "program" fallen when they now

Nov 25, 2018, 12:54 PM

now cry and whine like little fuzzy yellow spring chicks because their defense couldn't have stopped Kathleen Swinney from running the ball at the end of the game?

Only a few short years ago they had thug players like Swearinger taunting our players on every play and now they expect our team to just hand them the ball at the end of the game so they can get with a touchdown and salvage their little chicken pride.

Pitiful, embarrassing, sad...

and funny as ####!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How far has the Dirtpecker "program" fallen when they now

Nov 25, 2018, 12:56 PM

It's crazy the mental gymnastics you guys are using to try to justify the decision.

Something tells me you know Clemson should have just taken the knee like every other team in the country ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Nov 25, 2018, 12:57 PM

If you didn’t like the TD, make a stop. Simple as that

Nov 25, 2018, 1:48 PM

They can’t!!! Please don’t score again! We can’t stop you from the seven running the ball on 4th down. What a bunch of wussies!!!

Nov 26, 2018, 6:47 AM [ in reply to Re: How far has the Dirtpecker "program" fallen when they now ]

Why didn't the COOTS take a knee against Chattanooga? They don;t get the chance to run up scores on many teams.

I would have been upset if CDS made them take a knee.

Nov 25, 2018, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: How far has the Dirtpecker "program" fallen when they now ]

U all kept trying to throw down the field and make it look closer than it was (scoring 2 TDS against backups) so why wouldn’t Dabo say FU and score that last one to make it a 21 point win?

Don’t play with the big boys if your get upset when we flex our muscles.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2018, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Re: How far has the Dirtpecker "program" fallen when they now ]

Seriously Classless, why do you spend so much time on the Tigers board????

No life of your own?

Checking in to see what winners talk about?

Hoping that being around winners it may rub off on you?

The only mental gymnastics involved

Nov 25, 2018, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Re: How far has the Dirtpecker "program" fallen when they now ]

are the ones I'm doing to figure out why you coot fans think it's our responsibility to salvage your pride after all the sh!t talk and whining by your coach and players before the game. It's on you guys to stop us, mot the other way around. It isn't our fault your D can't stop a run that everyone in the stadium knew was coming, so just stop. You ARE the perfect definition of aGamecock fan though, I'll give you that. Lol

You're lucky I'm not the coach, I woulda kicked an onside kick after that score and slung it to the endzone.

Re: The only mental gymnastics involved

Nov 25, 2018, 1:07 PM

There wouldn't be any pride salvaged if the score was 49-35 or 56-35. That's what you guy's don't seem to understand. The game was over. Does it make you feel better to win by 21 vs 14?

Going for the TD says something about you guys and nothing about us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2018, 1:09 PM

It says everything about you. It says you suck so bad that you want a break and can't stop a dive play short of 7 yds.

Nov 25, 2018, 1:16 PM

That was known after the first drive of the night ;)

That certainly wasn't a revelation from the last play.

Nov 25, 2018, 1:23 PM

It’s your defense’s job to stop your opponent’s offense, not the offense’s job to stop themselves. That’s one of the objectives to the game of football. Sorry if that hurts your feelings. Maybe women’s basketball is more your speed?

They are 3-3 in Wimmenz b-ball...

Nov 25, 2018, 1:46 PM

So that sport season is dead to them now, too.

~JKB

We're talking about American Football 009

Nov 25, 2018, 11:35 PM [ in reply to Re: The only mental gymnastics involved ]

Not sissy gymnastics, not women's basketball. What we have here is a failure to communicate. Yes. Seriously.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2018, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Re: The only mental gymnastics involved ]

we saw the way your players acted when florida took a knee at the goal line. a straight handoff up the middle if you cant stop it then ET deserved to score

Nov 25, 2018, 1:31 PM

Nailed it ........ we have witnessed your thuggish behavior and mouthing off for decades and The Florida game showed us what your thugs do when they tried to kneel.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2018, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Re: The only mental gymnastics involved ]

Yes.......it says we can blow giant holes in your D-line whenever we feel like it.

Nov 25, 2018, 8:01 PM

Clemsons offense is in the game to score. USC defense is in game to stop the offense. You failed sit on it Voots and twirl

Nov 25, 2018, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Re: The only mental gymnastics involved ]

What you are avoiding is how important it is to coots how much or how little you lose by.

Seems pathetic but all the squawking in 2015 about “only” 5 points with a last second meaningless score. But it wasn’t meaningless to the coots. You are such proud losers, it meant everything.

But really it’s clear it doesn’t really matter what we do, or what you do, you aholes are going to squawk endlessly anyway. So might as well score.

Like today. You have your ##### handed to you by 3 TDs to lose your 5th in a row and you’re over here squawking. Pathetic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

F'ing crybabies.***

Nov 25, 2018, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: The only mental gymnastics involved ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let me see..........

Nov 25, 2018, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Re: The only mental gymnastics involved ]

the offense is on the field. The game is not over. Object for the offense is to score. Sportsmanship is when the game is over. Get it? If not find a sport with moral victories.

Says the Coot crying about getting beat too badly***

Nov 25, 2018, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Re: The only mental gymnastics involved ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Says the Coot crying about getting beat too badly***

You didn't even cover the spread Biggie ;)

You certainly didn't beat us too badly.

Congratulations on yet another moral victory....

Nov 25, 2018, 1:33 PM

You must be very proud.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Congratulations on yet another moral victory....

Nov 25, 2018, 1:34 PM

I am very proud of my gamecocks for their performance last night.

When your team plays the best game in the history of

Nov 25, 2018, 1:40 PM

your program, and you still lose by 21. So sad.

Re: When your team plays the best game in the history of

Nov 25, 2018, 2:03 PM

Was definutely not the best performance in our history.

If we had any of the defenses we had from 2010-2013 we would have won last night. Oh well. We will get back to that level of defense eventually.

You had better quit hemorrhaging recruits then

Nov 25, 2018, 2:06 PM

Re: When your team plays the best game in the history of

Nov 25, 2018, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Re: When your team plays the best game in the history of ]

"If We..."

Now that is priceless. You did not... and the score reads a three touchdown deficit.

The best game in your history... results in a 21 point loss. Oh... the irony.

Didn't say best overall team. Best game you've ever played

Nov 25, 2018, 2:27 PM [ in reply to Re: When your team plays the best game in the history of ]

That just means that your better teams under performed. So, you've peaked in both areas, and it only gets worse from here. And the best play for the usuc defense was the c*ck flop where players fell down to stop drives.

That's the Gamecocks I love....

Nov 25, 2018, 2:58 PM [ in reply to Re: When your team plays the best game in the history of ]

"Just you wait" ......Your coach is 1 and 11 against top 25 teams and your program at best is the 1969 ACC Champs. But let's not let facts get in the way of your narrative. Oh since you won't be needing those reservations you all made for California (Jake did promise, right?) , please cancel so the real contenders can make plans.

if if if***

Nov 25, 2018, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Re: When your team plays the best game in the history of ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You may get better, but so will we and alot of the...

Nov 25, 2018, 6:22 PM [ in reply to Re: When your team plays the best game in the history of ]

historical SEC East powers, TN and FL. Have fun with that.

Thanks for proving my point...

Nov 25, 2018, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Congratulations on yet another moral victory.... ]

You're proud of losing by 21 points.

It is a considerable improvement...Only losing by 3 TDs***

Nov 25, 2018, 3:22 PM

proud of an ### beating? Why? Because the "gap is closing"?***

Nov 25, 2018, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Congratulations on yet another moral victory.... ]

Nov 25, 2018, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Says the Coot crying about getting beat too badly*** ]

Lol!!!!! Biggie??
Happy moral victory Sunday to you & coot nation

When did covering the spread start mattering so much to you?***

Nov 25, 2018, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Says the Coot crying about getting beat too badly*** ]

Nov 25, 2018, 6:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Says the Coot crying about getting beat too badly*** ]

LOL! THREE FRICKIN TOUCH DOWNS!!!!!!! If that's not bad, that just shows how much your team SUX! When the coots beat us by 10 points,I was sick for a week.I sure wasn't jizzin all over myself the next day.

Nov 25, 2018, 9:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Says the Coot crying about getting beat too badly*** ]

I don't get it chicken licker.
You say we didn't cover the spread in a disparaging way and then you complain that we scored late and say it was classless.
Seems you're conflicted, just like any typical delusional chicken fan.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2018, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Re: The only mental gymnastics involved ]

Classof09 I don't know you personally(obviously), but I can assure you ,that you coming on a Clemson forum is not the place to justify why we kept playing until the last whistle. I was at the game and I can assure everyone at NO time did USuC stop playing. Offensively you had a good plan , and for some reason we didn't do a good job of stopping the passing scheme that you presented . But in football you can't be one dimensional and win. We did whatever we wanted on your defense (if you really want to call it that) whenever we wanted. I think thats probably what is frustratingly you and your fanbase right now. I don't see that changing much in a short period of time. It will take longer than you probably are going want to endure but that's the process. If I were you I'd take whatever moral victory you can convince yourselves to believe and stay quiet and patient. Make the changes in coaching and live to fight another day. Your not going to win this WAR!
And by the way... number 6 is coming, just so you're prepared! So don't say nobody warned you!

#ALLIN
#WE2DEEP
#FEARTHEFISTS

And GO TIGERS!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2018, 2:20 PM

Nice reply to an absurd post by a chicken fan. Definitely should have kept his thoughts to himself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2018, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Re: The only mental gymnastics involved ]

09 - Your wimpy coach should have put in his subs when it was obvious the game was over and Dabo had chosen not to run up the score on your punk azzes. But no - Muschump wanted to make it appear that the game was closer so he continued to play his 1's until the last play. LOLOL at his punk ### for being such a royal jerk. Nobody likes that clown, except dumbazz coots that have no clue, no morals, and no ethics. Next year I hope Dabo leaves the 1's in and runs up the score to humiliate Muschump for being the jerk that he continues to be. We hope you keep that clown.

Nov 25, 2018, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Re: The only mental gymnastics involved ]

Yes it does. Also makes us feel better that we got the doormat out of the way so we can focus on Conference championships and CFP championships. You know something you will never get to participate in.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2018, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Re: The only mental gymnastics involved ]

I guess Carolina took the air out the ball when the game had been decided....we both know that answer....get over it. U guys tried whatever to score, even had olineman spilt out like wideouts.

It says you couldn't stop us***

Nov 25, 2018, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Re: The only mental gymnastics involved ]

It says we hate you.***

Nov 25, 2018, 4:52 PM [ in reply to Re: The only mental gymnastics involved ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2018, 6:29 PM [ in reply to Re: The only mental gymnastics involved ]

Yes,#ell yes TE broke a record on the score. It was your place to stop him, the play was nothing fancy, straight up the gut. I remember when you clucks ran up the score on us with Grantz, so what goes around eventually comes around. I suggest you try to get a hand job in the stands Saturday against Akron.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL fumbled a handoff earlier in the 4th Q - nothing but the

Nov 25, 2018, 6:31 PM [ in reply to Re: The only mental gymnastics involved ]

coaches getting more reps in closing out a game. As he did expertly that drive burning all that time off the clock and moving the ball into scoring position. If you can't stop a run up the middle play to wrap the game that's on you, not the team running the play.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2018, 8:20 PM [ in reply to Re: The only mental gymnastics involved ]

What you miss is that we ran the ball. You’re just mad you couldn’t stop it. I would have scored 2 more Touchdowns. Your program is garbage.
GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about 49-21.

Nov 25, 2018, 8:41 PM [ in reply to Re: The only mental gymnastics involved ]

Yall kept coming. Congrats for having the fight to not pack it in and slow things down. We did the same thing. You kept pushing... we pushed back.

Nov 25, 2018, 8:58 PM [ in reply to Re: The only mental gymnastics involved ]

“The game was over.” ? Seriously? If that was the case why did SCar come back with 36 sec left & try to score another TD?

I didn’t see your team taking a knee either. Because they’re out there to compete and for the coaches for either team to allow the players to do less would be a serious injustice to them. It would hurt morale and send precisely the wrong message.

No wonder SCar has such a dismal history in football. Likely the future will be pretty much the same

Nov 25, 2018, 9:05 PM [ in reply to Re: The only mental gymnastics involved ]

Like when the coots scored a TD during the last few seconds of the 2015 game so the score didn't look as bad as it really was?
Guess it was OK then.
Choose the side of the fence that you want to be on dirtpecker because you can not straddle that fence.

Nov 25, 2018, 9:06 PM [ in reply to Re: The only mental gymnastics involved ]

Honestly I don’t see the big deal either way. About year 2 of your 5 year run, most Carolina fans went nuts. You guys acted like it was going to last forever and the game of football literally started in 2009. The smack that was talked was unreal. I’d have never put in the 2nd string last night, that’s for sure.

Nov 25, 2018, 9:11 PM [ in reply to Re: The only mental gymnastics involved ]

Somebody should’ve told fivehead the game was over then. He was about to break his neck with 2 seconds left to score a 21 point touchdown.

Nov 25, 2018, 10:17 PM [ in reply to Re: The only mental gymnastics involved ]

What it says is that if your guys had stopped us, your coots would have had to go the length of the field to score.

Nov 26, 2018, 6:53 AM [ in reply to Re: The only mental gymnastics involved ]

It would have felt better to win by 50 Mr. COOT 09. The dang COOTS were still mouthing off as always.COOTS talk about Clemsons schedule being so weak but they can't beat Clemson or Kentucky or A&M or Georgia or Florida. Get over it, ya'll still have Akron.

Justify? Justify what?

Nov 25, 2018, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Re: How far has the Dirtpecker "program" fallen when they now ]

It’s a football game. The objective is to score. You suck. We score. We should have scored more.

The fact that it chaps your ### proves it was justified.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 25, 2018, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Re: How far has the Dirtpecker "program" fallen when they now ]

Yaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwnnnnn........NEXT!!!!!!

Nov 25, 2018, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Re: How far has the Dirtpecker "program" fallen when they now ]

Why don't you take your crybaby tears and get off this forum?

Nov 25, 2018, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Re: How far has the Dirtpecker "program" fallen when they now ]

In all due respect, USC was in the red zone 2 times and our D did what it suppose to do-prevent a TD. So if you do not want a touch done at the last minute, USC's D should stop it. That is the game 4 quarters until the clock strikes 00:00.

Nov 25, 2018, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Re: How far has the Dirtpecker "program" fallen when they now ]

So S.C. wants sympathy schemes, is what you’re saying.

Nov 25, 2018, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Re: How far has the Dirtpecker "program" fallen when they now ]

No you're correct. Make no mistake WE ALL HATE YOU! WE HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT YOUR LITTLE SISTERS OF THE POOR PROGRAM. Is that better? You ride Bama's coat tails you have never and will never be relevant on the national scene. We should drop you and pick up UGA. Maybe then the game would mean something. You and your players, program., and university are trash! I hope that clears up any misunderstanding of us trying to justify anything. Good luck in Birmingham!!

When Muschamp leaves his 1st team trying to narrow the score

Nov 25, 2018, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Re: How far has the Dirtpecker "program" fallen when they now ]

... why is it wrong for Dabo to leave his guys in to stop him.

If you wanted Clemson to take a knee, you should have had Scarnecia out there for the last 2-3 series instead of going for onsides kicks and having Jake jumping up and down for "one more play" as time expired..

Three years ago, we put the backups in really early and let SCAR score a bunch of garbage points and all we heard later was how you were good enough to keep the game within 5 points of the #2 team in the land!!

Well, heck with that. As long as your team was trying to score points, we were going to as well.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When Muschamp leaves his 1st team trying to narrow the score

Nov 25, 2018, 1:26 PM

I honestly think you're smart enough and have been around football long enough to know the difference between the two situations you're describing.

Like I said it an earlier post, it doesn't matter to me if you guys won by 14 or 21. For some reason it was a really big deal for you guys to win by 21 versus 14.

You've also been around college football long enough to know

that while margin of victory is not supposed to be a factor with the voters, style points and margin of victory are both very real considerations.

Blame the system but don't blame the teams who are playing fairly within it.

The chicken people haven't ever really been in consideration

Nov 25, 2018, 1:42 PM

so you can't blame them for not understanding how the system works.

It is important these days

Nov 25, 2018, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Re: When Muschamp leaves his 1st team trying to narrow the score ]

YOU don't seem to have been around football long enough

Nov 25, 2018, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Re: When Muschamp leaves his 1st team trying to narrow the score ]

to realize that for the past two years, Dabo had essentially "taken a knee" in the 3rd quarter to spare your team historical embarrassment and all we've gotten in return post-game is crap like "they weren't that much better than us, if any better at all."

You had a couple of QBs on the sidelines who deserved the chance to play in that game. Scarnechia had certainly earned the right. Pretty sure he never saw a snap against Clemson his entire career.

Instead, Muschamp played his starters to the bitter end in an attempt to make the game appear more respectable. You might not have cared whether it was 21 points or 14 points, but your team and your coaches obviously did.

Remember when garbage scores got you within 5 points on the final play and the story was that SCAR was almost as good as the #2 team in all the land??

Clemson fans do remember.

It's a rivalry game. A rivalry in which Dabo has taken it easy on SCAR for two years straight when he could have literally scored 100 points both times.

Then last night, he lets his guys play to the final gun and suddenly it's a bush league move.

Re: YOU don't seem to have been around football long enough

Nov 25, 2018, 1:57 PM

Read back through that post you just wrote and hopefully you’ll realize how immature it reads.

Sometimes you have to take responsibility for your own choices instead of blaming someone else for how you act.

LOL ... immature ... you live on an opponents board with no

Nov 25, 2018, 2:08 PM

other purpose than to try to salve you feelings about being on the short end of the rivalry.

Being an "09 Grad" means your experience as a fan has largely centered around SCARs 5-Peat and the precipitous decline that followed.

Why are you over here absolutely every day?

It was probably fun for you 2009-2014. It can't have been too enjoyable recently. And yet you persist.

Your post about "maturity" literally drips with irony.

Re: LOL ... immature ... you live on an opponents board with no

Nov 25, 2018, 2:31 PM

This post explains the other post.

It always amazes me people can't be adults and converse with people who have different opinions than them.

Dude. Normally you honestly don't bother me that

Nov 25, 2018, 2:50 PM

much. Not even as a SCAR fan on a Clemson board. But you're kind of being a little bitch about this whole 21 vs 14 points thing.

Give it a rest.

Re: Dude. Normally you honestly don't bother me that

Nov 25, 2018, 5:57 PM

How so?

It's crazy how much you guys care about the difference between 14 and 21. I couldn't care less .

you could just leave if it bothers you so much***

Nov 25, 2018, 6:50 PM

You could always just ####### leave loser, nobody wants you

Nov 25, 2018, 3:28 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL ... immature ... you live on an opponents board with no ]

here anyway, so just ####### leave you sore loser...Go find another team's message board to whine and cry about us scoring instead of kneeling

Please explain why your loser a$$ is still here***

Nov 25, 2018, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL ... immature ... you live on an opponents board with no ]

When will you start doing that Loser?***

Nov 25, 2018, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: YOU don't seem to have been around football long enough ]

The object of the game is to score and win...

Nov 25, 2018, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Re: How far has the Dirtpecker "program" fallen when they now ]

which is exactly what your team was trying to do.

Not sure why you clowns are all butthurt that Clemson was doing the exact same thing.

It's not Clemson's job to stop Clemson.

Nov 25, 2018, 1:34 PM [ in reply to Re: How far has the Dirtpecker "program" fallen when they now ]

It appeared to me the gamecocks took a knee when they were up by 17 on the Gators. Great sportsmanship !!!!!

And the Tigers should take a knee so you Gamecocks can brag about how you held us to a 14 point victory? We were running the ball. Your coaches and players knew we were going to run the ball It's the defense's job to stop us. If you and your fans base, most of whom didn't show up, would spend less time resting on Alabama's laurels, your bloated perception, your looking for excuses and your never-ending "what ifs", and devoted more time to developing a team better tha Southern Conference quality, maybe some of your problems would be solved.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Classless is parents getting their parents to 5 bomb Dabo

Nov 25, 2018, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Re: How far has the Dirtpecker "program" fallen when they now ]

Get over it a field a decent team

As a Clemson fan, I want to thank you.

Nov 25, 2018, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Re: How far has the Dirtpecker "program" fallen when they now ]

The only thing that could have made last night’s victory better is finding out you were begging for mercy at the end of the game. So you have my sincere thanks for giving us all that extra bit of joy today.

badge-ringofhonor-elscorcho.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The classless preaching class. Hilarious. Whether you like

Nov 25, 2018, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Re: How far has the Dirtpecker "program" fallen when they now ]

it or not. You at least better get used to it. You're going to have to whine about for years and years to come.

No, there's really no "mental gymnastics" involved

Nov 25, 2018, 1:46 PM [ in reply to Re: How far has the Dirtpecker "program" fallen when they now ]

We fully admit we want you humiliated and depressed, crying like a momma's little ninny baby. Whining about the class or lack thereof of your opponent...a natural loser's response... is something you dirtpeckers have done all of my fairly substantial life. We expect it from you. Thank you for continuing to live up (down) to your expectation.

After your dirty little "5 bomb" episode, you deserve zero class credit.

So by your own logic

Nov 25, 2018, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Re: How far has the Dirtpecker "program" fallen when they now ]

Keeping your starters in after we had 3rd stringers in and still trying to score is also not sportsmanlike, right? Or does it only go one way?

Nov 25, 2018, 1:57 PM [ in reply to Re: How far has the Dirtpecker "program" fallen when they now ]

It's crazy the mental gymnastics you guys are using to try to justify the decision.

Something tells me you know Clemson should have just taken the knee like every other team in the country ;)

Here’s the way I look at that: South Carolina was trying onside kicks. If the team you are playing is still trying to win the game, why shouldn’t you? Why should Clemson concede that the “game is over,” when South Carolina had not? Furthermore, there was still about one minute remaining when they ran that 4th down play. Therefore, to kneel on 4th down would have given up the ball with about one minute left. The only time a team should kneel is when the other team has conceded the game’s end as well. Until that happens, full speed ahead.

The score was a statement.

Nov 25, 2018, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Re: How far has the Dirtpecker "program" fallen when they now ]

The score was something you guys brought upon yourselves. Remember 2015 when all you yardbirds were walking around beating your chests because you scored last and made it a little more respectable? Swinney made sure you left last night’s game knowing we were better and we could score at will.

Something tells me?

Nov 25, 2018, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Re: How far has the Dirtpecker "program" fallen when they now ]

Ah... listening to the delusional voices in your head again I see.

Nov 25, 2018, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Re: How far has the Dirtpecker "program" fallen when they now ]

We don't have to justify anything coot. Your fanbase football team talked all that #### for 5 years. Well guess what you are lucky we didn't do an onside kick and throw for another score.I would have even requested adding some time back on th clock just so I would have the opportunity to run one more play against your pathetic inbred #####. When it comes to any other team I would say take a knee. When it comes to your team I say no mercy. Karma is a ##### ain't it? Let's be real though. The only reason you are really mad is because our defense played like garbage and Bentley threw for over 500 yds and you still lost by 3 touchdowns which really could have been four had Ross not dropped an easy td. Know your place and stay there. When you start beating teams in your own conference then you can talk #### about ours. I love laughing at you pathetic losers.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was surprised by it, but then again, are you mad that Bentley threw for another 66 yrds

Nov 25, 2018, 3:14 PM [ in reply to Re: How far has the Dirtpecker "program" fallen when they now ]

after that last Clemson td? My respect for Bentley actually went up watching him compete with a no quit attitude and being visibly frustrated at not getting one more play in.
Why do you think you view Clemson's competing as a negative but I view SCars competing as a positive? Interesting...

null

Re: I was surprised by it, but then again, are you mad that Bentley threw for another 66 yrds

Nov 25, 2018, 6:15 PM

I applaud you for being the first person that really seems to want to have a rational discussion about this.

Going for a garbage-time touchdown when you're in a position to run out the clock isn't competing. It's showboating and there is a reason why the majority of college coaches realize it's a bad look and kneel in that situation.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Nov 25, 2018, 6:52 PM

there's a reason the majority of college football coaches haven't been to 3 straight CFPs, with a 4th one W away, either...I'll take Dabo

You mean like Spurrier did to Clemson !?!?!!?

Nov 25, 2018, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Re: I was surprised by it, but then again, are you mad that Bentley threw for another 66 yrds ]

Of course, I'm sure that circumstance was different or you'll offer some lame-a$$ excuse to rationalize or justify it.

Re: You mean like Spurrier did to Clemson !?!?!!?

Nov 25, 2018, 8:45 PM

Classic Biggie. Just making up a fact.

Link to the video of Spurrier doing it to Clemson?

Re: I was surprised by it, but then again, are you mad that Bentley threw for another 66 yrds

Nov 25, 2018, 8:05 PM [ in reply to Re: I was surprised by it, but then again, are you mad that Bentley threw for another 66 yrds ]

If it really doesn't mean anything to you then why are you over here on our message board complaining about it. I was there when Grantz was throwing at the very end of the fourth quarter in the 56-20 game so don't act like you have never done it. What goes around does eventually come back around.

Nov 25, 2018, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Re: How far has the Dirtpecker "program" fallen when they now ]

Get a life!! You have no clue! Your own coach in his press conference was asked and “had no problem with it.”

Not knowing how old you are I would suggest studying the 1975 GC beat down of Clemson by 56-10 (your best win) to learn Grantz scored with under a minute to add insult to an already epic win. What goes around comes around as in 2016!

If that is all you can find fault with I suggest you review the rivalry in historical context before commenting on Tigernet.

Go Tigers ??!!

Nov 25, 2018, 6:16 PM

Yeah I wasn't alive in 1975 so I have no idea what happened there. If Carolina did the same thing, it was equally embarrassing.

what's embarrassing is the amount of time you spend on here

Nov 25, 2018, 6:55 PM

loser

Nov 25, 2018, 8:38 PM [ in reply to Re: How far has the Dirtpecker "program" fallen when they now ]

Class of 09, please answer this question...if it was so bad for Clemson to score a meaningless TD, why are you not denouncing your QB being so upset that he could not get one more play off at the end of the game? Did he think he could score a 21 point TD because anything short of that was meaningless at that point?

Hell no. I can give two ##### less if you think it was

Nov 25, 2018, 4:34 PM [ in reply to Re: How far has the Dirtpecker "program" fallen when they now ]

classy or not. If it were up to me, I would step on your ####### throats and rip out your tracheas out instead of playing my son in the third quarter.

Nov 25, 2018, 8:04 PM [ in reply to Re: How far has the Dirtpecker "program" fallen when they now ]

mental gymnastics? You are a scar fan on the Clemson board so often you have over 4,000 points or whatever they are called? You are like an American soldier who wanted to hang out with the Vietnamese to debate Ho Chi Minh’s political views. Go to slumbia and hang out with your fellow losers.

Your comments say that mighty SEC football teams need out of conference foes to “take a knee” so you won’t look as bad as you are. A sad sad display of scar football lack of pride.

Nov 25, 2018, 8:16 PM [ in reply to Re: How far has the Dirtpecker "program" fallen when they now ]

I think we should have thrown aTD and then attempted an onside kick got the ball back and threw another TD. I love crushing and embarrassing that dumpster fire of a program that we’re unlucky enough to have for a rival. Talk to any other fan base about our rivalry and they laugh at who our rival is. Just be glad we keep you on our schedule.
Concentrate on beating the zips , so you can go to the Birmingham bowl and lose to USF.
GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 25, 2018, 8:39 PM [ in reply to Re: How far has the Dirtpecker "program" fallen when they now ]

Come on guys. Let it go.

As Mattie said in True Grit "I don't bandy words with a drunkard." And as the Knight in Canterbury Tales said "A churl has told a churl's tale."

Do we need approval or understanding from the worm pullers? No. Do we need their warm sentiments? No. Can we even imagine a scenario in which the trolls who come on here and tell us that whatever way we played the game was well done and sportsmanlike? Please. It is always imaginary racist comments when only African American players were on that area of the field, or that we started the brawl when they did, or that our players celebrating or getting recognition from fans was taunting when they make posters for their gamerooms out of Jungle Boi taunting Ellington. In 15 we were up two scores on them when they went down the field and scored with a second left and we were in a position to have an undefeated season ruined with a freak onside recovery. Sorry, we are not obliged to allow that. If it offends some dirtpeckers they need to figure out how to stop a run play in the last minute.

I'll hand it to 09 that he does not disappear like Supermutt and he is willing to come on an speak his mind and take what he gets. That does not mean his opinions have merit. We do not need to keep up an exchange.

Nov 25, 2018, 9:06 PM [ in reply to Re: How far has the Dirtpecker "program" fallen when they now ]

you’ve seen a CFB team “take a knee” with 4 min left? Apparently so since “every other team in the country” would have done it.

Muschamp called 3 TO’s during that drive to get a stop, preserve enough clock to have a shot at another score, then maybe recover an onside kick then maybe score again. Your coach was still coaching while you’re saying “the game was over.”

You should not wonder why SCar football sucks.

Instead whining about it likeabitch

Nov 25, 2018, 9:15 PM [ in reply to Re: How far has the Dirtpecker "program" fallen when they now ]

How about stop it and try to win the game?

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Nov 26, 2018, 6:53 AM [ in reply to Re: How far has the Dirtpecker "program" fallen when they now ]

I guess you could say the same before y’all scored the last time. Use the clock and take a knee. Besides we only get to practice scoring at the end of the game in a real game at the end of a real game aka. Bama

When was the last time they won 12 games in a season?

Nov 25, 2018, 1:13 PM

This is our 4th in a row. Eight 10 win seasons in a row. Coots have 4 in a hundred in something years

Re: When was the last time they won 12 games in a season?

Nov 25, 2018, 1:34 PM

I'm searching for words to describe them ............. pathetic seems most appropriate ..... maybe pathetic crybabies!

Correction...8 in a row...

Nov 25, 2018, 1:34 PM [ in reply to When was the last time they won 12 games in a season? ]

10 win seasons!!

You talkin' 'bout reality?

Nov 25, 2018, 6:53 PM [ in reply to When was the last time they won 12 games in a season? ]

Or in their delusional (and extremely small) coot minds?

Fallen? The have a history of sucking.**

Nov 25, 2018, 1:40 PM

nm

Re: Fallen? The have a history of sucking.**

Nov 25, 2018, 1:43 PM

Can't argue with that.

Re: Fallen? The have a history of sucking.**

Nov 25, 2018, 2:07 PM

Get ready to play in the possum bowl, coots.

Should, maybe, if, if and if

Nov 25, 2018, 4:00 PM

Can the coots make any kind of statement without using these words and more like them? I am very happy with the win last night. Jakie has the game of his life (you coots ought to be asking where that kind of performance has been for the past three years) and you STILL come up short. Clemson plays a "C" game at best on defense and you STILL can't get to a point where you are competitive. Oh the salty tears are SWEET today!! GO TIGERS!!!!!!

Nov 25, 2018, 8:06 PM

You only take knees against teams you respect.

Nov 25, 2018, 11:23 PM

I don't have a problem with the last TD. He ran the ball up the middle. They would have done the same.

Replies: 115
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic