Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How exactly is Ohio State 2019 better than Bama 2018?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

How exactly is Ohio State 2019 better than Bama 2018?

Dec 23, 2019, 8:31 PM

In what ways is this years potential best college team in history better than last years supposed best in history of the game?

What have the Buckeyes got that Bama didn’t have?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How exactly is Ohio State 2019 better than Bama 2018?

Dec 23, 2019, 8:41 PM

Their QB has experience running a fake punt in the playoffs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2019, 8:43 PM

Nevermind. That actually might have been the SECCG.

Well, we know that game is for the REAL National

Dec 24, 2019, 12:19 PM

Championship every year.
Signed
ESECPN

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2019, 8:44 PM

Absolutely nothing...less even. Regardless of what the fulL-of-dread “analysts” on here try to say, Clemson is going to run away with this game.

Uniforms........

Dec 23, 2019, 8:45 PM

??????

Re: Uniforms........

Dec 23, 2019, 9:10 PM

Their uniforms will not be better than Clemson’s! That is nothing new. We’ve seen that uniform several times in the past, and it never did look better, and really, it looks like the uniforms of a team that gets beaten every time they play Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2019, 9:06 PM

OSU isn't even the #1 team this year

More alums and fans ... that love their Buckeyes***

Dec 23, 2019, 9:10 PM

Re: More alums and fans ... that love their Buckeyes***

Dec 23, 2019, 9:19 PM

They do have more alumni, and probably more fans, but the last time I checked alumni nor fans play the games. They just get to watch and hope for better things down the road. Down the road may be good for the Buckeyes, but this year will not be that year.

Dec 23, 2019, 9:27 PM

They definitely have one thing in common......both have been crowned the greatest college football teams of all time by the media without actually winning anything yet......and little ole Clemson goes out there and proves them wrong again just like last season.....because the media doesn’t get to decide it at the end .....Go Tigers!!!!

What do they have that Bama doesnt?

Dec 23, 2019, 9:29 PM

Another shot. If we played that Bama team again we probably wouldn't win by 28 a second time. OSU could be a little worse and still beat us if we don't play as well.

Dec 23, 2019, 9:31 PM

I don’t think it’s anything like Bama last year. Bama was a much better team than 0310 is this year. It’s more what we don’t have this year.

Last year we had probably the best DLINE in college football ever. Dominant and could set the edge... kept tua’s internal clock running and CBV stayed in his head. Not being a negative nancy like OP have said, just stating facts.

Honestly, the only people that really know how good we are is our coaching staff. Every team we played this year have glaring weaknesses.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2019, 9:34 PM

What’s the difference? Ohio State does not underestimate Clemson and respects Clemson.

Dec 23, 2019, 10:05 PM

I doubt Bama didn't respect us but that game just went our way. Bama couldn't score in the redzone and turned the ball over. We were great on 3rd down. We did the things we needed to do but Bama was certainly better than the 44-16 score. Yards were pretty much even. I don't think Fields is close to Tua yet tho and the WR talent isn't on the same planet as Bama's last year. Bama had more depth at RB. I don't think they had anybody like Chase Young on D tho. I think OSU may have a better secondary than Bama's team last year. Bama had some good edge rushers and a great DT but there front 7 was nothing compared to 2016-17 when we beat them. Idk if OSU has a better front 7 or not but Chase Young is certainly better than Q Williams. I just don't see anybody slowing down our O if we are clicking. The battle will be how Fields does against BVs play calling and if Dobbins can get going.

Dec 24, 2019, 3:54 PM

I agree with your assessment of what the keys to the game are. It comes down to how our defense fares. I think we do well and win by 17-20 points.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2019, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Re: How exactly is Ohio State 2019 better than Bama 2018? ]

Listen to our coaches, they respect the Bucki’s. Team respects them as well. But we prepare as the only team that can beat us is us. Dabo’s Way. Not disrespect, but confidence. Our fans don’t respect OSU fans, they seem arrogant and in need of affirmation that you belong. Fact is we have won national championship 2 out of the last three years. Results matter and we have finished the drill. Let’s talk after the game. I expect a hard fought game by both sides and the Tigers to pull away for the win, time will tell.

Urban is consulting them?

Dec 23, 2019, 9:57 PM

That’s all I got

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

If he is giving them the formulas for success that he used

Dec 24, 2019, 12:20 PM

the last time they played us, he is a secret weapon for US!

Thanks, Urbs***

Dec 24, 2019, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Urban is consulting them? ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Dec 23, 2019, 10:04 PM

Just a couple months ago the committee said State Penn was the fourth best team in the country too, just the typical inflation of SEC BIG10......and Michigan can't even beat the coots in a bowl game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fans that wear jerseys?***

Dec 23, 2019, 10:33 PM

Dec 23, 2019, 10:43 PM

An edge rusher. That Bama DL looked slow to me in Santa Clara. I believe the OSU secondary is better too. Bama secondary was all 5-stars, but were very easily confused. They were just bad last year.

Bama receivers were better than OSU. OL and RBs probably about even.

Tua was maybe better than Fields, but I'm not sure either way on that one.

Dec 24, 2019, 8:07 AM

I don't know about better but the offense is more diverse. Alabama ran a ton of RPO's, something that didn't help them much when they were losing. OSU hardly runs any, and doesn't need to change the structure of their offense much if they need to pass.

Dec 24, 2019, 11:03 AM

Pros are harder to scheme against when they are working. A base offense is easier you stay on keys and you're good. RpOs stress your defense

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2019, 12:59 PM

They are to stop but they also can help the defense determine your offense.

Dec 24, 2019, 11:09 AM

They might be better than us in many ways, but they cannot match our new CHROME HELMETS. Nothing else matters. :)

Justin Fields watched a lot of SEC fb from the bench....

Dec 24, 2019, 11:21 AM

...position, that's a huge adavantage right there....

Dec 24, 2019, 12:12 PM

THIS!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2019, 1:52 PM

They are used to really bad weather so if there's an unexpected blizzard they probably have nice mittens to wear.

Dec 24, 2019, 1:54 PM

Why do you guys keep mentioning last year's Bama team. This is 2019 and you have a new team. Doesn't matter that much what your 2018 team did.

Dec 24, 2019, 2:17 PM

Our offense is better than last year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic