Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How does Dabo decide who's going to receive the punt
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

How does Dabo decide who's going to receive the punt

Dec 4, 2017, 4:03 PM

RayRay or Renfrow ?

RayRay makes me a might bit nervous.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I herd he just watches T-net and takes

Dec 4, 2017, 4:03 PM

the best idea

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Close, but actually he only takes advice from

Dec 4, 2017, 4:17 PM

Shorty

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

just use his gut feeling

Dec 4, 2017, 4:05 PM

he uses his gut for risk reward situation. Ray-ray muff was not 100% his fault so I don't blame him for that. Still if you just need someone to catch it - you go with Hunter.

Re: just use his gut feeling

Dec 4, 2017, 6:05 PM

No one would have caught that one.... he was tripped

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: How does Dabo decide who's going to receive the punt

Dec 4, 2017, 4:08 PM

IF YOU DONT KNOW WHY AN EXPLANATION IS USELESS.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2017, 5:02 PM

siiigh. he asked HOW, not WHY.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

At the ACC Champ game - Dabo had HR in when it was

Dec 4, 2017, 4:10 PM

4th and 2 feet. Miami was penalized - so it became 4th and 5-ish. He switched in Ray-Ray and the entire punt team changed.

I concluded from that that he has HR in there with the regular defense when he thinks there's a chance for a fake...but I don't know why that would be. (Possibly, I reached the wrong conclusion...)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2017, 4:10 PM

Renfrow is on the field during punt safe situations, so Kendall Joseph can stay on the field.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Doesn't matter who's returning punts

Dec 4, 2017, 4:14 PM

my heart always skips a beat

This +1. I’m sure many fans of every team feels the same.***

Dec 4, 2017, 5:44 PM

Dec 4, 2017, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Re: How does Dabo decide who's going to receive the punt ]

Sorry, that doesn't wash. RR was wearing #21, so there's no jersey conflict.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2017, 4:29 PM

DID YOU NOT READ WHAT I TYPED, VERY BOLDLY. RAY RAY WORE 34 MOST OF THE YEAR. WHEN HE IS IN 21 I SAID VERY CLEARLY HE COULD HAVE DONE IT. THEY HAVE USED BOTH SO I AM GUESSING THEY WILL STICK WITH HUNTER ON PUNT SAFE SINCE IT IS USUALLY FAIR CAUGHT ANYWAY. PLEASE GET THE WAX OUT OF YOUR EYES.

VERY BOLDLY HE SAYS... LOL***

Dec 4, 2017, 5:02 PM

Dec 4, 2017, 4:11 PM

If down/distance/situation suggests fake punt is option, he leaves some defense guys up front to snuff it out, Renfrow to catch the punt. If fake is doubtful, full on punt return is on the field with Ray Ray. RR's muff on first punt was the blocker's fault, not RR's fault. RR's fumble on that pass, however.......

this^^ Renfrow is on the puntsafe team

Dec 4, 2017, 4:18 PM

if they think a fake may be coming. 4th and 1, near midfield, stuff like that.

RayRay is on the regular punt return team, when it's 4th and long.

Dec 4, 2017, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Re: How does Dabo decide who's going to receive the punt ]

NO ONE HAS GOTTEN IT ENTIRELY CORRECT YET. TRUE, RENFROW IS IN ON PUNT SAFE. BUT THAT WAS BECAUSE RAY RAY AND JOSEPH HAVE THE SAME NUMBER. GUESS WHEN RAY RAY DOESNT WEAR 34 LIKE HE HAS RECENTLY HE COULD DO PUNT SAFE ALSO. DABO HAS EXPLAINED THIS NUMEROUS TIMES.

Dec 4, 2017, 7:02 PM

Originally Renfrow had to be in on punt safe because RRIII and Joseph had the same number. Even though RR no longer share 34 the punt teams and strategy remain the same. Ray Ray switched numbers so he can play corner if need be with Joseph in the game not for punt coverage situations.

Dec 4, 2017, 4:12 PM

Rock..Paper...Scissors?????

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2017, 6:37 PM

Nah, he flips a coin and the winner has to defer to the next punt. Y'all guys are making this way to complicated.

It looks to me like when we set up a return we put Ray Ray

Dec 4, 2017, 4:45 PM

back there. When we are backed up and going to fair catch it we go with the sure-handed Hunter.

Dec 4, 2017, 6:47 PM

If it's our 40 or better, Ray Ray. If it's deeper in our zone, Renfro.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2017, 6:54 PM

The separate teams are a regular punt return team and a safe punt return team. The safe return is the regular defense, minus a safety, adding in Renfrow as the return man. The regular punt team has McCloud returning. The reason they are different is because, at the start of the year, McCloud and Kendall Joseph wore the same number. To have both of them in (for the safe return) at the same time would be illegal. They have continued to keep Renfrow in during the safe return because they do not have a return set up on those plays...thus, he utilizes a fair catch for 95% of the punts he catches. When we have a chance to return, or when we're in a situation where the opponent is unlikely to fake punt, the more dynamic return man (McCloud) comes in with the regular punt team. Since Ray Ray has kept the number 21 jersey, I'd be curious if there are any changes with those tendencies after the month-long bowl practice.

Dec 4, 2017, 6:58 PM

Seems the coaches have put more thought into this than the average Tigernet poster.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic