Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How does Bama come at us?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

How does Bama come at us?

Dec 6, 2017, 1:38 PM

Just thinking about how bama hopes to score on us. All i've seen them do for years now is pound the line and take the deep shot over the top every so often. And aside from busted plays the only success anyone has had on use recently is the short pass game with a slightly mobile, decent game manager @ QB. Pitt last year, now Syracuse. Remember also that Syr had 2 senior All-ACC WR's this year. I don't think Hurts is enough of cool manager, nor does he have the WR talent around him to play the short-pass possession game down the field. I think they struggle mightily against us. With a full month BV will have the boys ready for anything. No #### short week friday away game this time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bo Scar. can hurt you.***

Dec 6, 2017, 1:42 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but

Dec 6, 2017, 2:19 PM

didn't we hurt Bo Scar last year?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

^^^^DELETE THIS POST NOW ^^^^***

Dec 6, 2017, 2:24 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: How does Bama come at us?

Dec 6, 2017, 1:48 PM

They'll try to establish the run that's for sure. Ridley's a 1st rounder according to the experts. Guessing they try some short passes to him and others to get Hurts comfortable. Probably break some tendencies early in the game.

I know we've been banged up, but there have been some breakdowns on the back end recently. Couple of times at least against Fsu, one against Miami early, and an open tight end the first series against Uscjr.

I see this as a much lower scoring game than the last 2.

Dec 6, 2017, 2:06 PM

I F. (Big if). KB can complete the long ball we can win this game going away! Bama is going to be softer in their coverage and try to take the short game away. This is where I wish we still had Leggett. I bet you they spend a LOT of time watching Renfro on film. Four TD’s in the last two games. Unreal. I really expect Feaster and ETN and perhaps the other two backs to get yardage. I’m sure Dabo will keep a fresh rb in the game til the very end. Hope that the receivers come ready to play and play physical! Downfield blocking is something we never talk about yet nothing is more important.

It’s apparent from reading the press that only Bama’s player will be able to heal between now and 2018 so we are at a huge disadvantage there. Fire the medical staff!

Same as they come for everyone...run,run,run and some play action

Dec 6, 2017, 2:16 PM

Scarborough this year hasnt been the pre-broken leg Scarborough of last year. To me he is one of the wildcards with a month to rest. IMHO we lose,last year if Bo doesn't break the leg (yes, I,know some will say we had shut him down already when he broke, but I disagree). Bama won't go 5 wide and start passing....but then again they have a month to scheme.

Im more fascinated to see their defensive schme against us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hurts is plenty cool enough under pressure.

Dec 6, 2017, 2:18 PM

The biggest factor changes on Bama's offense is their drop off at the LOS and the loss of Kiffen. I despise Kiffen's attitude but he's one heck of a playcaller.

Their relentless pursuit of establishing their running game and option read is what makes their deep passes work and free their TE for short timing passes.

When they believe they have the safeties leaning toward the line of scrimmage they will throw over the top. If our LBs aren't disciplined they will not alter their running attack. If we give too much attention to their RBs Hurts will eat up the grass then fall forward for two more yards. It's basic football which wins games and they play it almost flawlessly.

With our Linebacker being quicker this year we can effectively stop their short yard crap and slow their running game. They only have one or two goto guys at receiver so I feel confident our secondary will have excellent success.

Imo, we have an edge on Bama at the LOS on both sides of the ball. Maybe I'm just dreaming, we'll see.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hurts is plenty cool enough under pressure.

Dec 6, 2017, 2:33 PM

And OJ Howard. Don't forget OJ Howard, like seriously safeties, don't forget about him and play like he is still there.

Calvin Ridley is good enough to start for anybody, I'd take

Dec 6, 2017, 2:21 PM

him over either Cuse WR

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2017, 2:57 PM

Interesting stat here:
https://twitter.com/DavidHaleESPN/status/938497366868545536

Replies: 10
| visibility 1