Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How do you see the 4-game rule going down at Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,568

How do you see the 4-game rule going down at Clemson

Jul 27, 2018, 12:44 PM

for redshirts ?

Play everyone ?

When will they play ? All home games ? The easy games (Furman, Ga Southern, Cuse, Coots)?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How do you see the 4-game rule going down at Clemson

Jul 27, 2018, 12:54 PM

I'd guess if they would normally redshirt, then they aren't ready to play yet, so I'd see them playing either as needed or mop up duty later in the year. Maybe start looking for opportunities after the half way point?

It'd be bad to use the 4 games early and then need them later.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2018, 1:01 PM

I think everyone gets some type of playing time. Even if special teams, I think Dabo wants some type of experience and film on everyone.

Jul 27, 2018, 1:28 PM

I think it probably depends on the players and what kind of progression they show. Like many have said if they have potential to step up late in season if injury is to happen (see Clelin 2 years ago) that’d be huge to still get a redshirt

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2018, 1:54 PM

I think there will be a host of players that either way you slice it they won't redshirt this year
XT
KJ Henry
DK
TL
McMichael and Goodrich

So they will play as often as they can get in and as often as Dabo sees fit

Then some that could go either way
Carmen
McFadden
Ross (let the hate ensue...I think he's awesome and has tremendous upside, but he's just now getting to campus and we have so many receivers he may not get in enough, and therefore might get a redshirt tag)
mike Jones
BT Potter

these guys I can see they walk a line, and get them in to see what they can do. But keep an eye on keeping their redshirt if possible but if they come out strong let them play more

then the rest I would say are definite redshirts but will play during Furman, GA southern, and maybe some in the ACC championship game or some other ACC game that seems like a good opportunity for ACC competition maybe Duke or Syracuse

That's my take, but of course players can emerge and carve out a spot for themselves

I'd love to hate you for you're ross comment

Jul 27, 2018, 2:23 PM

But I can't. I wish I could look at a bunch of HS stats and videos and tell you who will transition to power 5 ball, but I don't have those skillz.

The last wr I remember living up to all the recruiting hype was Sammy.

Tee looks the part, but he didn't get the snaps that sammy got.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jul 27, 2018, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Re: How do you see the 4-game rule going down at Clemson ]

I will be very surprised if Potter does not at least win the kick-off job righr out of the gate. Do not see a redshirt for him.

Jul 28, 2018, 8:32 AM

Potter is good, but with just getting on campus now and 3 others on the roster that have kicked in games. I'd say we see Potter for the last couple XPs against Furman and then maybe work him in as he proves it in practice, and if he doesn't get that many kicks this year he gets a redshirt and it's no big deal

Although he could win kickoff out of the gate...I could see that happening, so I'm with you there

4-game rule was a bad move

Jul 27, 2018, 2:06 PM

The coaches who recruit 40 kids every year and boot 15 will use this to boot even more kids.

Before;
You may be good, I dunno. I don't need you right now so I'll red shirt you and see how it works after a year of practice. We'll see what you can do next season. Kid gets at least 2 years of school

Now:
You may be good, I dunno. I dont need you right now so I'll just put you in 4 games here and there. I didn't like what I saw, I'm not renewing your scollie.

At least when they go to UGA they will get 1 yr education and an acre of land

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jul 27, 2018, 3:35 PM

It depends...

Players who need an entire year to develop are more likely to play mop up duty in lower level games to gain some experience.

Players who are physically ready but need time to absorb the playbook will likely play later in the season.

Players who are physically ready and play a position with quality depth will likely play a lot of time in a couple of lower level games, but keep a game or two in reserve in case they need to move up due to injury to a starter late in the season.

Players who are physically ready and play a position without quality depth, but for some reason still go through a RS season, will likely be held out of lower level games so they can contribute in tougher games.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,568
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic