Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How do you bishes-you know who you are-like Zerrick now?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 4,587

How do you bishes-you know who you are-like Zerrick now?

Aug 25, 2018, 9:42 PM

Some of you haters are really pathetic

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: How do you bishes-you know who you are-like Zerrick now?

Aug 25, 2018, 11:55 PM

*snicker*. Well, at least he's "the better guy in practices".

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2018, 12:03 AM

I mean he had 320 yards (about 270 of them in the 2nd half) and if his left tackle would have done his job potentially thrown a game winner, but I get it you would rather see him fail than pull for someone who represented Clemson with class.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Aug 26, 2018, 12:27 AM

Never said I'd like to see him fail. Sorry if you challenged guys can't get that being sarcastic at people gets you sarcasm back when your posts fail.

Maybe wait till the end of the game next time to gloat?

Oh, and doesn't matter how many yards he had, it's NC A&T for crying out loud. I would hope an ex-Clemson trained QB can get 300 yards on NC A&T. But thought all you guys care about is final record, win or lose right? Not how it was done. Thought that's what I've been hearing the last 3 weeks about Bryant. Only matters where he got, if it was a Wl? Not how he looked. Oh, now it's "how you looked" when it's still a loss. Wow, that's a flip.

I'm not sure the NCA&T argument really has any validity

Aug 26, 2018, 9:34 AM

1) NCA&T was actually pretty dang good last year. They went 12-0 and won the HBCU title.

2) It's not like Cooper has Clemson players surrounding him. His OL and WRs are Jacksonville State players not Clemson players. The game might be a little slower in general, but it's not like his team has a huge talent advantage.

Re: I'm not sure the NCA&T argument really has any validity

Aug 26, 2018, 10:50 AM

^ You are kind of making my point.

NC A&T, though good in their own league, wouldn't hold a candle to Clemson nor most, if not all, of the ACC. Example..NC A&T vs UNC 2015...UNC wins 53-14.

So saying he could play well against or get near beating NC A&T does not in any way mean he could do anything close to the same in Power 5 football. It just means he was good enough for FCS.

Aug 26, 2018, 11:23 AM

Putting Tom Brady on an FCS team does mean he automatically will throw for 400 yards and 4 TDs. Get a freakin clue dude really. I have liked you and appreciated your opinion but this makes no sense.

Aug 26, 2018, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm not sure the NCA&T argument really has any validity ]

he didn't kind of make your point. You're just backing up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2018, 11:54 AM

I'm not backing up. You guys are saying that it shows he was good at the Power 5 level.... He had more yards in last night's performance than he did his entire 2017 season as a backup, playing over half of the Syracuse game as well, so not all garbage time.

In the end, last year he averaged over 6 yards a pass then too... But did it ever produce many points while in ACC play? Glad it's better when he playing against weaker teams in general to what he did in 2017 in the ACC, that's awesome for him. But it doesn't do anything to prove he was better than Johnson last year (if he was, he wouldn't have lost the 2nd string spot to Johnson after Citadel) nor does it prove he would do the same in Power 5 play. The best game he had in ACC play was 88 yards in a little over a half...vs a team that ended at the bottom of the Atlantic. Play the whole thing like that, at best he has what? 160 or so yards... Under half of what he did in FCS play? Best he looked last year was vs FCS Citadel, a game which lost him the 2nd string spot interestingly. I just don't see it showing much about him besides he can be good at the FCS level.

Aug 26, 2018, 1:03 PM

You've been defending your first post since. You can't tell that the people on TNET thought your post was kind of insulting to a young man who wanted to be a Clemson Tiger and decided to move on when he realized he was not going to see much playing time? I really don't care what his numbers looked like at Clemson, 99.9% on this board is wishing the man success and you want to "snicker" and then point out how "low" his numbers were. I hope the guy does extremely well and builds confidence that carries on in his life.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2018, 1:50 PM

How is posting the final score, and mentioning Dabo always called him"the better guy at practice" insulting him? Sorry you read it that way. It's being sarcastic at you guys, if you want honesty, making fun of how you believe KB has improved just because the coaches give the same "he's better at practices" coach speeches though we have not seen him play since the spring game he was bad in and you didn't see any improvement.

It's also making fun of everyone that keeps saying "he went 12-1, went to the playoffs" only looking at the final score and record, not how he as an individual actually fared in the games. (I.e. welcome to applying the same logic to Cooper... Where you shouldn't care how he actually played in the game and if he did good or was bad, you just should care what the final scoreboard said). Guess you missed the sarcasm, too. I'm not making fun of him, I'm making fun of some of you.

Aug 26, 2018, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm not sure the NCA&T argument really has any validity ]

He loves to insult players

Aug 26, 2018, 3:26 PM

Telling their stats is far from insulting. It's their real production. If that's insulting, they need to improve it. I just don't overstate what they did or didn't do, unlike most of you. I don't pretend they are better than their stats showed.

In this, I'm not making fun of Zerrick... Maybe you should read my comments. I'm making fun of how backwards you guys are to be caring about his stats in a loss, but tell me I'm wrong to look at KB's stats, not the final score only. Pot calling kettle black, eh? Oh, so ZC loses and now stats is where you want to go? That's interestingly hypocritical.

Aug 26, 2018, 3:32 PM

You are wrong the ONLY thing that counts is the score board

Aug 26, 2018, 3:35 PM

Hahahaha, thank you. So Zerrick lost. His stats they are caring about don't matter, didn't matter if he looked good or didn't... That L is all that matters to some of you, as you've been saying. *Clap clap*.

Thanks for agreeing they look like hypocrites going at stats now, since I wasn't the one doing that. I was in here doing your way... Pointed out the final score, appeasing you masses with your way you apply to KB.....still got slammed by you flip floppers. Oops.

Aug 26, 2018, 4:53 PM

No hard feelings but we just see it different. Enjoy your Sunday afternoon.

Aug 26, 2018, 6:01 PM

I see it how anyone should... Stats are fine to use to prove something (like ZC doing good in the game), I'm just also making a sarcastic point about people shouldn't tell someone not to use them when they also paint a not-so-great picture.

It shouldn't be a "go to stats" only when it shows how good someone played during a loss (also think DW4 vs Pitt where you could do the same thing), then turn around and say "stats don't matter, it's only about the final scoreboard" when looking at last year's wins and the stats are showing that several games were not KB being the actual one doing great and being the reason of the wins when in discussion of a QB battle. Stats are stats, both ways. They are accurate, both ways. They should be seen the same, that they put concrete evidence behind something, both ways. ;)

Have a good Sunday as well.

Aug 26, 2018, 8:18 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm not sure the NCA&T argument really has any validity ]

Most people knew Hunter Johnson had a higher ceiling but needed time to grow into the offense. Being from Indiana didn’t help him and who knows what the situation would be if he would have taken the IMG offer.

We also know TLaw has a higher ceiling than KB and it’s not close. We also know TLaw came from big boy Georgia HS football so learning curve is less.

All that said to say congrats you were right and Coop and KB aren’t any good way to go man. How about next time leave it at wish them both well and hope they win every game them play. By all accounts Coop represented Clemson well and KB currently does represent us well so let it go.

And you're blaming Zerrick for the loss?

Aug 26, 2018, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Re: How do you bishes-you know who you are-like Zerrick now? ]

You're not accused of intelligence much, are you?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And you're blaming Zerrick for the loss?

Aug 26, 2018, 9:21 AM

Read above... Did I say I blamed him? Some of you are slow at getting the point.

If KB is exactly who won all those games last year, not the D, not the RB's in several (that's what some people have been trying to say on TNet in his defense, btw), then I guess ZC must be the reason they lost. Gotta apply the same logic everyone on here does for Bryant, right? *sarcasm*

Does that make the sarcasm about looking at a final game result instead of individual performance more obvious?

Aug 26, 2018, 9:41 AM

Are you saying KB had a bad year before the Bama game?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2018, 11:13 AM

Are you saying 13 passing TD's after following 2 QB's that had minimal of 35-40 passing TD's and only 2-4 or so rushing TD's less is good??

Aug 26, 2018, 11:26 AM

When we only averaged 5 ppg less and had a D that held opponents to about 5 ppg less than the year before I would say it was a dang good year going 12-2 after losing our top 2 WRs, TE, C, and RB. Ofcourse it was not a great year passing tho but it didn't really need to be.

Aug 26, 2018, 11:34 AM

That's good TEAM year...you guys really need to start figuring out how to separate team performance from individual. Yes, the TEAM had a good year in general, but like Herbie even stated, many of the games were won by the defense and OTHER parts of the offense that were not KB (i.e, the RB's).

Aug 26, 2018, 11:41 AM

Man I get what you are saying but you are wasting your breath. You can say, state, and show all the fact but someone will always disagree with you. That’s the problem on here and the world in general. Everyone thinks they should all feel and act the same. It’s okay to have a difference of opinions. At the end of the day we are all Tiger fans and are ready for another dominant season with a lot of wins coming.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2018, 12:03 PM

Oh I know that, difference is one is able to back things up with concrete evidence, factual things that can't be argued because they are the real facts. Others are well, just throwing out opinions. Fact is, KB was not the one responsible for a bunch of those wins. The team around him (like the D, the RB's, the factors he had nothing to do with) did much more to get us where we got than people are giving them credit for.

Aug 26, 2018, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Re: And you're blaming Zerrick for the loss? ]

hint...we were at least 15-18 passing TD's less last year than under DW or TB. But we had 10 more rushing TD's in 2017 than we did in 2016. DW in 2016 had 9 rushing TD's, KB only had 11 last year. So was KB the difference, or were the RB's going 2016's 20 TD's (can't count KB's 1 in 2016 with them) to 29 rushing TD's the difference?? So that was Kelly making that difference?

a win is a win no matter how you win it. There are no

Aug 26, 2018, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Re: And you're blaming Zerrick for the loss? ]

astriks beside a "W" in the win column that says "defense won this game" or "special teams won this game."

Re: a win is a win no matter how you win it. There are no

Aug 26, 2018, 1:59 PM

Right, so apply that to Cooper...an L is an L. There's no asterisk beside how many yards he had, or who
messed up. Starting to get the point now? Or are we going to continue this flip flop of logic between how KB is looked at and how ZC is looked at?

Aug 26, 2018, 7:09 PM [ in reply to Re: And you're blaming Zerrick for the loss? ]

Yes and the QB is usually the leader of the team. No KB did not win games by himself nor did DW4. Just because it wasn't as pretty as the 6 years before on O does not mean it wasn't good. Kb needs to improve for sure but he was a huge part in us winning games last year. The D was also a huge part but not it was not just the D carrying KB nor the running backs carrying him. He did not have a great year statistically but he did what was needed to win. He deserves credit and he also deserves some criticism. If TL is better and makes us better I hope he starts so don't take it as me backing KB no matter what. I know he has flaws.

Aug 25, 2018, 11:57 PM

IMO, he wasn't a D1 QB, and now he is doing good in the little league, and I'm personally glad that he is finding success at Jacksonville State. I wish the guy the very best of luck at Jacksonville State, and I hope that he can help them win another Championship. He would then have a NC ring in both the big and little league, and not many QB's can make that claim!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And some of you...

Aug 26, 2018, 12:38 AM

Need to learn what “It ain’t over until it’s
over” means.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As a whole, Jax St is not worthy of the #6

Aug 26, 2018, 9:07 AM

preseason ranking. Bunch of fat unathletic boys on the line.

Zerrick was not the reason they lost. Even the one INT was on the pathetic receiver.

Re: As a whole, Jax St is not worthy of the #6

Aug 26, 2018, 1:04 PM

we all know preseason rankings are not to be taken that serious.

Aug 26, 2018, 9:15 AM

I never disliked Cooper and I was watching a 1-AA game solely to watch him do well (as I'm sure most on here were). That said his performance in this game didn't sway my opinion that he was at any point a better #2 option over Johnson last year.

I’m not really sure how his performance for Jacksonville State

Aug 26, 2018, 9:47 AM

somehow invalidates the fact that he didn’t play well at Clemson when he got into games, namely Syracuse.

No one here should be pulling for him to fail. I believe that 99.9% of us here are pulling for him to have a great career there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I’m not really sure how his performance for Jacksonville State

Aug 26, 2018, 11:18 AM

exactly. NC A&T and JVSt are both FCS teams. Though it does give a showing that he'd be good at the FCS level, it no where indicates he would be the same in Power 5 football. He had more yards in last nights single performance than he did in an entire season playing backup most of the year for KB...and that's even with playing over an entire half in the Syracuse game without ever being taken out once.

Aug 26, 2018, 12:05 PM

Why the attitude? I remember when T-Net was much more polite.

When was that?!?

Aug 26, 2018, 1:42 PM

LOL

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I've been a member of Tnet since 9/99

Aug 26, 2018, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Re: How do you bishes-you know who you are-like Zerrick now? ]

I remember a Tnet where no one would have been taking cheap shots at a former Tiger who was performing well while persuing his dream. So if you're directing that comment at my OP, I agree, things have changed. Tnetters used to have better manners.

Aug 26, 2018, 6:33 PM

I thought Hunter should have been the guy so I feel fine.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2018, 8:10 PM

You spelled bushes wrong.

Aug 26, 2018, 8:33 PM

OK . . . bush

Replies: 42
| visibility 4,587
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic