Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How do you base your hatred towards a rival/opposing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

How do you base your hatred towards a rival/opposing

May 29, 2019, 12:34 PM

team - proximity to Clemson, fanbase, legacy (your parents taught you), your relatives, your in-laws, perennial media coverage, etc.?

Just curious.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I have no equal, therefore no rival and love all peoples...

May 29, 2019, 12:39 PM

even that coot, GWP.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I base some of mine on who GWP likes

May 29, 2019, 12:40 PM

that's why I hate the coots since he's a fan of them!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Same hear. I hate the Dook Bluetards

May 29, 2019, 1:11 PM

because of cutigerbob®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Please don't snap your finger.***

May 29, 2019, 12:41 PM [ in reply to I have no equal, therefore no rival and love all peoples... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

You sure do a lot of talking for someone who went to a

May 29, 2019, 12:47 PM [ in reply to I have no equal, therefore no rival and love all peoples... ]

snowflake liberal arts school.

My school is the defending football national champions, how's your cute little football program doing?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Wasn't long after Washington & Lee dominated the '50 SoCon

May 29, 2019, 1:00 PM

Clemson tucked tail and ran scared for the sissy boy, A-She-She.

Dabo don't want none...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1950? You sound UGAy-ish***

May 29, 2019, 1:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Sorry, you're the one lashing out, not W&L's fought...

May 29, 2019, 1:36 PM

CU ran scared.

Looks like their football attendance is up...

May 29, 2019, 1:42 PM

That stadium must seat tens of people...hopefully the track meets are better attended

Sure that's not the spring game, less aluminum than...

May 29, 2019, 2:00 PM

the coots and only 1,900 undergrads?

Also, there's likely a bottleneck at the valet parking the Bentleys.

Scoreboard: Washington & Lee's Endowment per student is now ~$917,000.

Sounds like W&L is well endowed...

May 29, 2019, 2:04 PM

pity the same can't be said of you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Small penor, HUGE wallet...

May 29, 2019, 2:11 PM

chicks dig bank bob.

Funny world.

Re: Looks like their football attendance is up...

May 29, 2019, 4:53 PM [ in reply to Looks like their football attendance is up... ]

Love it .... everybody can sit on the 50 ..., lol

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Looks like we wanted to get away from

May 29, 2019, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Wasn't long after Washington & Lee dominated the '50 SoCon ]

Duke too but that didn't end so well!

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: Looks like we wanted to get away from

May 29, 2019, 4:54 PM

No - but at least we tried ...... ??

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

I visited Lexington back in the late 80's so I could

May 29, 2019, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Wasn't long after Washington & Lee dominated the '50 SoCon ]

worship in Lee Chapel and VMI and see that other school named after the two greatest Americans that ever lived.

After seeing what the W & L students had written all over the walls in that quaint little restaurant downtown I petitioned the school to change their name to LGBTQQIA & cetera University [to no avail.]

Don't recall seeing any scary athletes there, however.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hang on...

May 29, 2019, 1:34 PM

After that, I'm sure you couldn't visit to matriculate.

May 29, 2019, 1:38 PM [ in reply to I visited Lexington back in the late 80's so I could ]

Did they sneak you in the service entrance?

Which one of these letters best describes you?

May 29, 2019, 1:39 PM

LGBTQQIA

Check all that apply.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You want one or all that apply? It's important.***

May 29, 2019, 1:41 PM

I didn't want to limit you in any way***

May 29, 2019, 1:43 PM

You couldn't, but a boy can dream.***

May 29, 2019, 1:48 PM

Good for you dsLGBTQQIAp, be proud of who you are!***

May 29, 2019, 1:55 PM

If I wasn't me, I'd wanna be.***

May 29, 2019, 2:13 PM

I do remember hearing something about "service" and some

May 29, 2019, 1:47 PM [ in reply to After that, I'm sure you couldn't visit to matriculate. ]

word did sound like "matriculate" but I think it was different.

Don't feel bad, most public-skewlers seem easily shaken.

May 29, 2019, 1:52 PM

Do you need a minute to gather yourself?

Re: Wasn't long after Washington & Lee dominated the '50 SoCon

May 29, 2019, 4:51 PM [ in reply to Wasn't long after Washington & Lee dominated the '50 SoCon ]

Well .... who could blame us ..,,, smh

A little of all but the strongest distastes

May 29, 2019, 12:46 PM

Are for those who I’ve had personal encounters with their fans. For instance I’ve lived off for awhile but most gamecock fans I’ve met in my adult years I wouldn’t like even if they were Clemson fans. I did meet one once who was ok. A lot of NC State grads are tolerable but I understand their fans can be nasty at football games. I don’t generally dislike them. To be honest I’ve met a good bit of Alabama and Auburn fans who I like. There are some arrogant ###### that are UNC fans but I know a good bit who are good folks.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A little of all but the strongest distastes

May 29, 2019, 12:53 PM

I feel the same about the fanbases ... coots are just arrogant for no reason. Alabama football fans are arrogant, but they have a reason. I grew up in Alabama but tend to keep in contact with more of my Auburn friends.

The NCSU fanbase and coaches have turned me against them considerably. UNC fans can suck eggs. Likewise, for Maryland fans.

Surprisingly, I have UGa relatives and a cousin who graduated UGa and like them. My cousin, who lives in San Francisco, wore Clemson gear for the NC game and gave me a lot of NC memorabilia from the game since I couldn't go. Met some wonderful UGa fans in a tour group while in Iceland. They were very personable, and we got along with them well. Also, had some close UGa friends in Augusta who graduated from UGa. I, apparently, did not learn the disdain for them while I was at Clemson. Likewise, for FSU fans.

Re: How do you base your hatred towards a rival/opposing

May 29, 2019, 12:51 PM

I was raised to dislike the coots. Pretty much everyone in my family went to Clemson for at least half of their college. But other than that it is personal interactions. I’ve had bad interactions with Ga tech, Coots, and Duck fans. My wife is an Oregon State beaver and when we visit out there the ducks would sometimes claim they could beat us, I’ve been dreaming of playing them ever since. They are another arrogant poultry product.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hear the Oregon State wommens have the best beavers!!***

May 29, 2019, 7:07 PM

Directly proportional to obnoxiousness level of fans***

May 29, 2019, 12:53 PM

Is this another anti-woohoo post?***

May 29, 2019, 1:01 PM

Fanbase for me. I thought I hated the dawgs before I lived

May 29, 2019, 1:06 PM

In Atlanta but wow. They are at the top of my list for worst fanbase

May 29, 2019, 1:10 PM

I had a rival once. I invited to go DEEP SEA fishing with me, wouldn't you know I waited half a day on that sucker to come back up before I figured he got eat....oops....I mean he got another ride in.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They develop fake classes and get away with it

May 29, 2019, 1:16 PM

4 corners bball
Argyle
Baby Blue
Stupid well
false presumptions of greatness

Based on If we’re “0-for-forever” at their place in hoops.***

May 29, 2019, 1:38 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 29, 2019, 1:45 PM

I used to not hate NCSU, then "Laptop Gate" happened.

May 29, 2019, 2:45 PM

When I was a “rat” at Clemson, hatred of the coots was drummed into my head 24/7.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perhaps "hatred" is too strong a term

May 29, 2019, 2:53 PM

It takes a lot to inspire true hatred for any individual. Pretty personal stuff. I would say that the rivalry tends to cause fervent disdain for the rivaling fanbases. That's based on personal interactions and the general responses of coot fans who are changing the oil in my car, delivering my pizza, or adding French Fries to my order at Wendy's.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Valid point on the "hatred" term. I should have used

May 29, 2019, 3:44 PM

"disdain" or "dislike".

I certainly do not hate individuals. I know several coots, NCSU fans, UNC fans, etc. for whom I have respect and enjoy. But, collectively, in their fanbases, they are intolerable.

Well said sir

May 29, 2019, 4:56 PM

And all joking aside, in my experience the most obnoxious coot fans are the ones who never darkened the doorway of a college classroom anywhere. I've been fortunate enough not to run into a lot of the kind of people that would throw bottles at players from the stands of their dead-cockroach looking stadium.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 29, 2019, 3:10 PM

I grew up in the Pee Dee, Coot territory. The majority of my family went to Clemson (farm family/agriculture). Had so many Coots mock us for going to a “hick/cow school”. They’d sing that mother effin gay song, “Black Magic”. They’d make fun of Rodney Williams, Danny Ford with his chewing tobacco, and praise those prick ##### bags Joe Morrison, Todd Ellis, and coke sniffin George Rogers, like they were elite football heroes. My mother told me if I went to the U of SUC, she’d write me out of her will. (She didn’t have anything to worry about, though)
I live in Columbia, now, but about to move back to the upstate (Thank the Good Lord). This place is a s***hole. The traffic, urbanization, the heat, the crime. Have had friends whose kids attended USUC and they’ve been mugged and assaulted. The school covers all the crime up with help from Richland County Sheriffs Dept. It’s horrible and it gets worse, come football season. The media props the Coots up as long as they can, and the idiot fans act like they’re going to the SEC championship. Every Freakin Year. My hate for that school is strong. If it’s between the Taliban and the University of S.C., I’m all in for the Taliban.

May 29, 2019, 3:18 PM

And...anyone who says they hope the Coots start doing well again in football, so the rivalry can be competitive, what the h** is wrong with you?? You can’t be a real Clemson fan. Beat the crap out of them until Jesus comes again. That is all.

May 29, 2019, 3:35 PM

I hope the coots lose every game they play by double digits. Could care less if they ever win again.

At one point in time I had just a normal amount of disdain for the coots. Hated them about as much as I hated Ga Tech because we lost to the jackets more than we ever should have years ago. During the time when we would beat the coots 4 out of every 5 games I didn't say much to my coot friends or family. I tried to take the high road and be a good friend and family member. Then we lost to them 5 straight and I lived hard. Heard it from all the people I took it easy on for years.

Now I have adopted a full blown "in your face your team sucks A$$ and you are a lowlife scumbag for being a coot fan and I do not care if you are related to me attitude." I want to beat them by 35 points every time we play them and make sure you hear the Tiger Rag ringtone every time you call me. Matter of fact, I am going to refuse to answer the phone the first time you call me so you can listen to it again.

I wear nothing but Clemson colors everyday of the year but especially on holidays and family get togethers. My coot graduate niece got married in April and I wore a bright Clemson tie for the occasion. My nephew graduated from cootville in May and I wore a Clemson tie to the occasion in Columbia.

And I pull for any ACC team that plays you or any other team that plays for that matter and when you do play in your crummy Belk Bowl and get throttled by 28 I am going to laugh all day long. Then at least once a week I will remind a few coots that the 2nd best team in the state of SC is the Citadel.

Go Tigers!!

Mine was purely reactive

May 29, 2019, 3:48 PM

Reaction to this superiority complex of the majority of their fanbase. Their fans are the worst, the worst most disillusioned fans I've ever come in contact with. I've been around cocky fans of teams before but most of the time (UNC Fans) had a reason to be cocky. They had good teams in basketball mainly that were worthy of being cocky. USuCk fans have never had sustained success in anything. They've had spurts here and there but they portray their team/program is if they were the almighty SEC leader. And will never see success or respect for Clemson even though we've always been better than them in everything. Its one thing to have respect for each other yet fight tooth and nail but those people can't get there for some reason.

The majority of the ones who were the tride and true gamecock club fans, have always acted superior to Clemson for some reason. And no other fan base does this. I've had experiences at games, in my family, and co-workers and they all do the same crap. We're in the SEC and we lose to ya'll b/c of wear and tear and also they've always harped that Clemson is somehow inferior in academics. But its not a rib...they really believe it.And when you call them on it they are dumbfounded and call Clemson fans delusional.

I've since moved to charlotte and don't come in contact with as many coot fans as i did when i lived in the upstate so i wonder how they operate nowadays with our success in football. I know those in my family have piped down, or i just don't see them anymore as much. But i'm sure they're still just as dumb as ever.

May 29, 2019, 5:57 PM

By height.

I don't see it.

May 29, 2019, 8:22 PM

It's blind. I don't have to justify it because this is America and I can love what I want, be indifferent to what I want and hate what I want.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

mine is based solely on the fact that coots gonna coot.***

May 29, 2019, 10:29 PM

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic