Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How do we match up with OSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 2,801

How do we match up with OSU

Nov 20, 2019, 12:52 PM

its looking more and more like thats who we get in the playoff. They are the only team that concerns me...what say you?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How do we match up with OSU

Nov 20, 2019, 12:58 PM

All of them concern me, but I think we can beat any and all of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2019, 1:00 PM

Pressure Fields and it's another 31-0 Tiger win.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2019, 1:02 PM

I think Wisky was the only team able to contain him for a half. We should do a lot better.

Nov 20, 2019, 1:09 PM

Just pointing out that the weather that day was awful. No idea if it had any bearing on the first half play or score as I didn't see a single snap in the first half.

ask in 2 weeks after

Nov 20, 2019, 1:01 PM

Penn st and meeechigun

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Nov 20, 2019, 1:02 PM

I think Clemson matches up as well as those teams match up with Clemson. I really believe you have 3 teams in Clemson, LSU and Ohio State that could win it. I also have to eat some crow because I did not think Justin Fields would be this good much less be this good this quick.

Nov 20, 2019, 1:03 PM

Ive watched LSU a lot...they have absolutely no defense. I think we torch them.

Nov 20, 2019, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Re: How do we match up with OSU ]

No doubt Fields is finally getting good coaching but he has not faced anyone as tough at the Tiger D.

Venables will give him the Ian Book treatment.

I think they look fast compared to big 10 schools. I think we beat them on

Nov 20, 2019, 1:05 PM

The level of Notre dame last year

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree that it looks likely we play them at some point in the playoff. I really think these are the two best teams and if you asked the staff from either team who they’d least like to play right now, they’d say each other. I don’t think we want to play Ohio State, and I don’t think they want to play us. It would be a heck of a game, and the most prepared team would win it. I think Ohio State and Clemson would be favored against ANY other team In the playoff picture if lined up today.

Nov 20, 2019, 1:10 PM

Totally agree. See my below post.

Both teams have very good defenses. OSU #1, CU #2. If either team has an advantage it may appear to be in Rushing Defense, OSU #6, CU #20. I say "may appear" because I think the Clemson O-Line can handle this and will move the ball on the ground. OSU is more run oriented at #4 in Rush Offense and #45 in Pass Offense. Clemson has been very balanced on offense even though the numbers don't show that, #10 Rush Offense, #27 Pass Offense. If Clemson had to throw the ball more they would be in the top 10 but they haven't had to throw the ball because of the rushing game. Also if Trevor stayed in the game past the middle of the 3rd quarter they would have many more passing yards. I have the game a draw with the tie breaker being Passing Efficiency Defense. Final score: CU 44 OSU 41.

Nov 20, 2019, 9:10 PM

Our run D is the one thing that has me concerned. I can’t remember exactly, but seems like UNC was able to get to our 2nd level somewhat consistently. Hopefully we have corrected that by now.

I would be confident that Venables could confuse their QB

Nov 20, 2019, 1:15 PM

then if Clemson can then stop the run, OSU will be some hurting buckaroos.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would be confident that Venables could confuse their QB

Nov 20, 2019, 2:16 PM

And we have the #1 Pass Defense soooooo......they will have to run.

Nov 20, 2019, 3:31 PM

I believe that our Clemson Tiger FB team is Capable of beating any and every team in today's college FB's Top 10. I SWEAR that "I believe we have the best QB in college FB"!!! We have what some say to be the best RB, I can't swear on that bc I don't know enough about that to swear on. We have no doubt 2 of the best WR's as anyone else in college FB in Justin Ross and Tee Higgins with Amarri Rogers being an elite talent.

Even though some are saying that our D is as good or better than our last season D, I'm not convinced of that personally, but I do believe we have a D that with our O, we can win back to back National Championships.

And yes, when our guys are playing to what they a capable of playing, I believe we can beat LSU, OSU, and UGA, and I'm sure of this bc we have the talent on both sides of the ball along with the quality depth, and Trevor Lawrence as our QB.

The talking heads know and believe this also, and if they could find a way to keep us out of the playoffs, they wouldn't waste a second at doing so. With all the crap they have talked about Clemson throughout this season, the very last thing they want to see is Clemson going 15-0 for the second straight year with the history books saying that Clemson was the best team in the history of college FB to this point and time of 2018-2019!!!!

The one thing they will say and preach until they turn blue in the face, they will say that if Clemson played a mighty SEC schedule, that they don't believe that Clemson would looked to be the team good enough to 30-0 and win back to back NCG's. They will swear that we would be beat up and tired like the rest of the SEC teams when the playoffs come around, and they don't think we would have made it to two NCG's much less win 30 straight games without a loss!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're much better than the last time we dogged 'em.

Nov 20, 2019, 5:41 PM

I'm thinking only 28-0 this time.

Nov 20, 2019, 6:46 PM

Playing any top 10 team concerns me. The "any given day" rule comes into play when talent levels get close. We play our best game, they play their best game, we win by 17.

Nov 20, 2019, 9:14 PM

How do we match up......very simple answer......Clemson will beat the crap out of them AGAIN.....will not be close.....45 - 21 Good Guys......Go Tigers!!!!

Replies: 19
| visibility 2,801
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic