Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How did we go from this to where the current DEM party stand
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

How did we go from this to where the current DEM party stand

Nov 2, 2018, 5:20 PM

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=yfp-t-s&p=obama+video+on+illegals#id=28&vid=5e3530fc4d8e1690a02c026bfb4f8f2e&action=click

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How did we go from this to where the current DEM party stand

Nov 2, 2018, 5:24 PM
wook.jpeg(120.0 K)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

you really think Michelle Obama is responsible????

Nov 2, 2018, 5:27 PM

O_o

Nov 2, 2018, 7:21 PM

Went from Sanity to Sanctuary cities, open borders and general lunacy. My what 13 years have wrought.

Nov 2, 2018, 7:46 PM

he deported far more immigrants that trump ever will. And it is pretty much a non issue that conservatives have used to gin up fear amongst the old folk and the mentally compromised that flock to trump.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2018, 10:25 AM

Have a read, issue is not nearly as clear as you think it is in fact.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/dec/19/have-deportations-increased-under-donald-trump-her/

Nov 2, 2018, 9:53 PM

Democrats are always tough on illegal immigration. Obama was tougher than anyone.

The sanctuary city issue isn't a humanitarian issue, it's a matter of unfunded mandates and crime investigation. It's the federal government's responsibility to enforce immigration law, not cash-strapped cities. And local law enforcement need to have illegal immigrants unafraid to come forward with information during crime investigations.

Democrats rely on facts in dealing with this issue, Republicans rely on emotion.

Nov 3, 2018, 9:51 AM

A well thought out totally wrong reply, so I will give you a D for effort. As to using thinking that is really rich, being that the DEM party is all about emotions and feelings. DO try again , you may get better .

Nov 3, 2018, 12:08 PM

Immigration as an issue doesn't give American's pay increases, healthcare or the ability to pay for college.

Immigration doesn't lower the cost of internet, power, or health care costs.

For the average, every day American Immigration is not an issue at all.

It's a phoney political ploy to take peoples eyes off of what really matters to them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2018, 7:24 AM

Felix, if we have too many low skill set folks comes across it does have an impact on wages in many job classifications. Wages, no matter how much DEMS want to think they can mandate, will always be supply and demand. Too many folks looking ,wages remain low.

It is an issue for people in the trades like lawn care, bricklaying, framing, concrete work. It also impacts hiring in jobs like working in the meat processing plants. Heck , everytime they raid one they find better than 50% illegals.

To argue that it does not affect everyday Citizens is wrong, it might not hurt you so you do not see it but it is there. Kinda like having blinders on, what you do not see cannot hurt you.

While the countries they are leaving may suck, some badly, it does not mean they have the right to strom a border thinking they have the right to enter. Yes, they stormed Mexico's border. If they want to fight , let them fight to make their country better. We are unable to take in everyone fleeing a country because it sucks. Hate to tell you but I have been all over the world, most places outside the Western world suck donkey balls.

Nov 4, 2018, 7:34 AM

I would also like you to ask any Brit friends just how they feel about having lax policies on immirgration has changed their country. Heck, most of the ones I know would just like their country back. Sadly , to make up for the alleged abuses of Empire they have permently changed the nature and culture of the country. London looks like you popped out of the tube in India or Pakistan. Neither are places one wants to be , been in both and Pakistan is by far the worse of the 2.

Nov 4, 2018, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Re: How did we go from this to where the current DEM party stand ]

You understand that it's STILL illegal for Medicare to negotiate drug prices, right? Think about that for a second. It's been true under both Dem and Rep. administrations and majorities.

How do you think that happens? A recent study showed that 1 in 5 hospitals bump the price of medicines by 700%. How can they do that?

While both parties want us to argue over poor immigrants, transsexual bathrooms and 'patriotism' our population is being raped by special interests and corporations. Our military is still in Afghanistan after 17 years. We're in Yemen for God's sake....why?

But go right ahead and worry about immigration. It's the topic dejour to keep American's eyes away from what's really happening.

Illegal immigration is an issue, but it's not THE issue that effects our country and democracy the most.

Nov 4, 2018, 11:40 AM

Felis, what you fail to understand is that you are not only paying for the med but the persons to give it, the inhouse pharmacy and buildings. Cost of doing business really though at times it is a bit much. While I have platimum insurance and pay my bills many do not , they gotta make up losses to stay in business . AS to being in Afghanistan, there seems to a little issue with the Taliban still,. Yemen is on the southern flank of KSA and the oil reserves. In some respect these are still a strategic concern for Military Command. I would question far more why we are still based in thriving Western countries that should be shouldering the cost of defence on their dime, not ours.

Nov 4, 2018, 11:52 AM

A company only owns the rights to a drug for 7 years, then it become generic. So they must make up all R&D, cover legal costs, make a profit and then more to start on the next drug in those 7 years. My solution is they own rights for life of drug but with govt. oversight on pricing since they now hold a forever patent. Also eliminate advertising for drugs. Also allow tort reform a bit as there wil always be some sort of side effects in any drug. DO these things and drug prices will be lower.

Nov 4, 2018, 1:43 PM

Drug patents last 20 years, not 7. And drugs cost 5 times more here than in other parts of the world.

I'm glad you have good health insurance. But many do not. I am a health care provider consultant and one of the things I do is negotiate provider reimbursement rates with insurance companies.

You have no idea how skewed the pharmaceutical industry is. Most people have no clue what goes on.

Nov 4, 2018, 8:51 PM

You are correct, I mixed up patent and exclusivity where generics can be made at 7 years or less. So in reality it is still 7 years or less until generic competition kicks in .

As to costs, well our liability laws are part of it, so are advertising budgets. Both drive costs higher.

Patents also are generally applied for at conception and it can take 8 years to get approval , taking 8 years off patent and license revenue.

Wait...Felix...you don't think "immigration" as an issue....

Nov 5, 2018, 7:17 AM [ in reply to Re: How did we go from this to where the current DEM party stand ]

has any impact on wages/salaries? Really?

No, the average dem thinks immigration isn't the issue.

Nov 5, 2018, 9:48 AM

The issue for them is Trump and Trump alone. Many of the dems are talking about healthcare but ignoring the fact that America rejected everything Obama. Just like America voted in 2016.

There are many dem candidates running in Red states who are far from the dems' national message now. Boast of 'I voted with Trump x number of times,' is common along with 'I support securing the borders.'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Immigration directly influences all of the issues you listed

Nov 5, 2018, 8:29 AM [ in reply to Re: How did we go from this to where the current DEM party stand ]

The influx of illegals seeking non skilled work adds to the supply of non skilled workers driving wages down according to the number of illegals added to the workforce. That's simple supply, demand and wage concept. Anyone who has ever had a simple Economics class has seen the supply/demand graph.

Even the most uneducated drug dealer on the street knows that if there are 10 dealers in the neighborhood the price of dope will be lower than if he's working the neighborhood alone. What part of this concept causes your struggle?

Illegals take labor intensive jobs from our citizenry by working 'under the table,' for cash instead of paying taxes and contributing to social security. Employers don't match their contributions to SS either and they don't contribute to unemployment tax to the states which insure workers.

That hurts the poorest Americans, those who need food stamps and government housing to care for their families.

Illegal immigration and healthcare cost? Are you chitting me? Our healthcare providers are obligated to provide their services to those who are illegal. The cost is added to our insurance premiums and bills when we get treatment.

Polls on the importance of immigration in the midterms vary between 70-80% of our population.

You asked how did you go from this to where the dem party is now. Imo, it's divisive politics.

You might want to start with facing the truth about immigration and try to figure out why all the dem leaders have changed their minds about the issue of open borders over the past decade. Why do you think those 10K+ people heading this way have a right to come here?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic