Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hot take on Aggie Fans: Not Classy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 62
| visibility 1

Hot take on Aggie Fans: Not Classy

Sep 9, 2019, 10:18 AM

Please, allow me to explain.

Some chucklehead in need of money, sold his tickets beside us, to Aggie fans. Heavens, it was pure Hell! Let me tell you.

Before kickoff, this "gentleman" was trying to strike up a conversation with me. He starts off asking me who is my favorite Nascar driver. I tried to be nice and told him, we always go sailing on Sundays and don't keep up with "that stuff".

A few minutes later, he pulls a soggy ham sandwich out of his pocket. Not only did he chew with his mouth open, but with a mouthfull of wet bread and stringy deli meat, he elbows me in the ribs while practically yelling, "No way I'm paying those high prices at the concession stands! haha"
I contemplated calling security, but making a scene is just not our style and I tried to just ignore him.

Ignoring him was easier said than done. He kept peppering me with questions as though I were some backwoods SEC fan. Good places to stay at Myrtle Beach, my favorite off road truck tires, is Busch Light available in 22oz cans here, the nearest Wal-Mart, what time I have to punch the time clock at work, etc etc etc. I'm sure you fellow Tiger fans know exactly what I'm talking about.

Finally, the team ran down the hill and gathered on the sideline. This roob, then grabs me by the back of the arm, tells me the Aggie entrance is just as good, and then proceeds to ask me if "I wanna chew?" I have no idea what he wanted me to chew, but I had enough. We gathered our things and went back to the motorhome. At least there we could enjoy the game on our flatscreen and not be bothered by such nonsense.

Never have I been so appalled by a visiting fanbase. I feel sorry for the other Tiger fans we left behind in the stadium who had to tolerate him and his barefoot kids. I fully regret the benefit of the doubt I afforded the TAM faithful.

Officially, I have them on par with those coot fans from Columbia.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Hot take on Aggie Fans: Not Classy

Sep 9, 2019, 10:29 AM

The Soggy Ham Sandwich in the Pocket tradition is greatly revered at A&M.

You just have to learn to appreciate the pageantry of A&M football.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2019, 10:34 AM

The older I get the more I enjoy watching games in an air conditioned environment. That on Saturday took something out of me

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, while I enjoyed the win, that was downright agony

Sep 9, 2019, 11:57 AM

sitting in that 95 degree heat with no clouds at all! Makes you appreciate being able to watch on TV in AC!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2019, 10:43 AM

My god, I hope he isn't typical of their fans.

My only question is how was this gentleman able to

Sep 9, 2019, 10:48 AM

afford tickets in one of the lower decks?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Something about a raffle he entered while at a tractor pull.

Sep 9, 2019, 10:52 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

There is so much "new money" in Texas, it's disgusting

Sep 9, 2019, 10:53 AM [ in reply to My only question is how was this gentleman able to ]

really. A bunch of hicks who get lucky in the oil industry. They wouldn't even know a good pinot noir if you threw it in their face.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I think the steet kids call it bougey.

Sep 9, 2019, 10:55 AM

Sep 9, 2019, 10:50 AM

This is absolutely hilarious! Did you have a white table cloth and candles back at your "Motor home w/ your flat screen"? Guessing you had Charles drive you home at the end of your horrible day. What you did was ran into a good ole boy. Sounds like to me he was trying to be kind, course your inability to communicate with anyone other than upper class wouldn't allow you to see that! I'd say we have a lot of fans just like ole Billy Bob you just ran into. Good luck getting through the rest of the season there strong one!!!

Sep 9, 2019, 10:52 AM

Check your meter

You sound like an UDP...

Sep 9, 2019, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Hot take on Aggie Fans: Not Classy ]

are you an UDP?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2019, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Hot take on Aggie Fans: Not Classy ]

You don't come round here much, do ya?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ha!!! You took the word right out of my mouth!

Sep 9, 2019, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Hot take on Aggie Fans: Not Classy ]

At the end of that pathetic OP I just shook my head. I’m seeing more our fans ##### out like this. Really? Someone is a lil different and obviously was really into the moment and that’s a problem? I love people......come as you are man. Yeah chewing with you mouth open sucks, but I will never judge a person because some petty thing like that.......about called security?! Please!!!!

Re: Ha!!! You took the word right out of my mouth!

Sep 9, 2019, 1:07 PM

Re: Ha!!! You took the word right out of my mouth!

Sep 9, 2019, 1:14 PM

I had to TU you for this lol! Love ole Chevy.

Sep 9, 2019, 10:53 AM

So you are judging the entire fan base due to the fact you had a hard time being hospitable to a single guest that was being gregarious?

I had close to a dozen around me that were all great guests.

Sep 9, 2019, 10:56 AM

Seriously? The man was asking him about

Sep 9, 2019, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Hot take on Aggie Fans: Not Classy ]

Busch Light

Re: Seriously? The man was asking him about

Sep 9, 2019, 11:17 AM

At least he didn't axe him about PBR.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2019, 11:13 AM

Ha! Everyone knows that Busch Light comes in a 24 oz can. Must have been a Texas "new money" type of guy.

Screw Calford.

Sep 9, 2019, 11:14 AM

Don't judge all fans of a school on the basis of one incident. We have some fans that can be just as obnoxious, I've sat beside some, not at Clemson but, at away games.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2019, 11:15 AM

i call bullsh!t on that story. plus, no one is gonna run me from my seat.

All I can tell you is,

Sep 9, 2019, 11:22 AM

you had to be there.

you sure he wasn't a coot in disguise? sure sounds like a

Sep 9, 2019, 11:15 AM

coot.

Sep 9, 2019, 11:48 AM

What you described is a truly demonic individual; no doubt a Psychopath, soulless and evil to his core. You should have shanked him in the bathroom, if you weren't carrying anything lethal to spike his drink with. Meh, live & learn-

How come you didnt tell him to ####?

Sep 9, 2019, 11:51 AM

asking for a friend

Re: How come you didnt tell him to ####?

Sep 9, 2019, 11:52 AM

my guess it is because it didnt happen. lol

Yep

Sep 9, 2019, 11:56 AM

Those seats are going for $500 a pop and you are going to leave because some dude is acting a fool. Pretty sure that happens to a lot of people. One time we had a freshman puke on wife and we stayed. ALL IN! Go tigers!!

Some things are more impotant than money.

Sep 9, 2019, 12:08 PM

Not many, but some.

Agree... like supporting the team

Sep 9, 2019, 12:42 PM

Never EVER let a visitor run you out of your own home!

In my best Thurston Howell, III voice

Sep 9, 2019, 12:01 PM

"Lovey" let gather up and head back to our other home."

Re: In my best Thurston Howell, III voice***

Sep 9, 2019, 12:04 PM

Sep 9, 2019, 12:06 PM

I had a Clemson fan sitting on the row behind me spill his drink on me twice. I said something before the third time. It didn’t happen again and no apologizing at all

The Clemson family that sits on the row in front of us climbs over their seats and comes out our row. What’s up with that? I said something to them, but it was late in the game. I will have to wait until next game to see the results.

So, all teams have fans like that.

Sep 9, 2019, 12:54 PM

You said something to them because they climbed over the seats and came out your row? So glad you don't have more to worry about. Maybe your row is easier to navigate...

Sep 9, 2019, 1:43 PM

After three or four times that the six of them did it, yes it get a little annoying. If you are on the row, no problem.

By the way, they had no problem asking the people to move out of their seats. Can you imagine that!

Sounds like a huge redneck.

Sep 9, 2019, 12:10 PM

Are you sure he wasn't a Coot fan in disguise?

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

And the award for the dumbest post of the day goes to....

Sep 9, 2019, 12:15 PM

?????????

Sorry, '94, but you

Sep 9, 2019, 12:20 PM

Lost me at "I tried to be nice..."

Credibility went

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2019, 12:17 PM

Doesn't seem like that bad a guy to me. He reminds me of Clemson fans during the Ford era. I guess many Tigers today are above their raising.
Honestly, I would rather sit beside that aTm fan than sit beside you.

Please try to keep all further comments & replies classy.

Sep 9, 2019, 12:25 PM

TIA

Sep 9, 2019, 12:19 PM

Yup you are really a tarheel fan aren't you. Wine and cheese crowd

The Juan in front of me wuz vaping

Sep 9, 2019, 12:19 PM

but she wuz purdy......

Did you move to Motorhome parking since the AOC parking

Sep 9, 2019, 12:20 PM

was relocated?

So he was asking if you wanted a chew, and not a dip?

Sep 9, 2019, 12:26 PM

Sounds like a total wannabe. Bet his kids are named Walker and Texas Ranger.

Sounds like Aggie is ADHD, like me, since I talk too much to persons next to me.

Sep 9, 2019, 12:32 PM

I'll use this complaint towards a sandwich carrying Aggie as a way to be more like most astute & less talkative Clemson fans.

LOL.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mean, like a self-imposed

Sep 9, 2019, 12:36 PM

Dimmer switch? ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty Much the same thing happened to us at Buffalo

Sep 9, 2019, 12:44 PM

Wild Wings down in Florida. There was an entire table full of Aggie fans sitting next to us, we are talking outdoor voices, wing bones all over the floor and one guy spit an entire chicken finger across the room after Muse got his interception. it was almost like these people grew up in a cave and had just recently adapted to indoor living.

smdh

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can lead an Aggie to water,

Sep 9, 2019, 12:49 PM

but you can't make him brush his teeth.

Sep 9, 2019, 12:44 PM

This sounds like a perfect description of an encounter between a UNC and UofSC fan.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Honestly

Sep 9, 2019, 1:02 PM

There’s no way any fan can be the quintessential white trash you posted about. You mentioned “wet ham sandwich” eating with mouth open, NASCAR, liking the cheapest beer, going to Walmart, offering you a “chew.” If this is an honest attempt at humor then I get it. If not then I doubt these events actually happened. I doubt the type of fan that you implied was a lower class “roob””could afford a 1000+ miles round trip to Clemson. As a matter of fact, Texas A&M has one of the richest fans in all of CFB. I’m sure most folks spent money like water. I may be wrong but this reeks of satire.

Ok.***

Sep 9, 2019, 1:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

You need to get out more.***

Sep 9, 2019, 1:49 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

classof1994? Not sure you could get any more out

Sep 9, 2019, 1:53 PM

^ POTY! ***

Sep 9, 2019, 2:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: classof1994? Not sure you could get any more out

Sep 9, 2019, 2:01 PM [ in reply to classof1994? Not sure you could get any more out ]

Sep 9, 2019, 1:51 PM

How does one guy define a "fanbase"? The ones I met were great... they weren't happy with the boo's, will say that... but they don't have a history with Jimbo we do...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have an Aggie neighbor and the...

Sep 9, 2019, 2:25 PM

“Wanna chew?” is 100% true!

HOWEVER, he’s more of a soggy turkey sammich kinda guy, so that stereotype is WAY off base.

~JKB

Does your neighbor smell like lard?

Sep 9, 2019, 3:15 PM

Because this guy smelled like lard.

Does your flat-screen get the ACC Network?

Sep 9, 2019, 3:34 PM

If so, what platform are you using to get it? And, what channel? Can I use Netflix?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Use my Netflix password?

Sep 9, 2019, 5:39 PM

I didn't get to where I am today by giving stuff away for free.

Sep 9, 2019, 5:47 PM

Is this supposed to be satire ?

Sep 9, 2019, 6:44 PM

Had (4) A&M fans around me. Pretty typical fans. We talked a little smack but all in good fun. Would have a beer with those guys anyday.

Replies: 62
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic