Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How are fossil watches
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

How are fossil watches

Dec 4, 2017, 6:56 PM

Still in style and in business. I got one in the 9 or 10th grade (1999). Wore it for 2 years. Anybody watch that jersey shore episode where that dude bought a girl a fossil watch. Even those guys were making fun of them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess it depends on your reference point.

Dec 4, 2017, 7:07 PM

They are probably fine for their price point, but they are pretty cheaply made watches in the grand scheme of things. Why not spend a little more and get a Seiko or Orient, which is a much better made watch and will last a long time?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: How are fossil watches

Dec 4, 2017, 7:14 PM

I guess that it would determine how long they have been under ground and the type of climate they were burred in;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2017, 7:36 PM

I think it has something to do with the $500 NCAA limit on the gift suite value. The vsuke of the gifts in total are limited which stinks for the players who are helpiing these bowls make millions.

Dec 5, 2017, 2:04 AM

Exactly, to limit the players the price of 1 lower level seat in a championship game is absolutely pathetic. It is very hard to understand how they forget who the performers are that brings all those million into the box office, and it should criminal that those performers are limited to $500. bucks of the take, and without them, all those millions would be reduced to $$$$ ZERO $$$$!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So...

Dec 5, 2017, 5:20 AM

You want to do away with amateur college sports.

Got it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2017, 7:46 PM

I have a custom Fossil watch given to me from Tiger Band. They give all Tiger Band members watches during their 4th year. It has a tiger paw logo in the center with the words "Clemson University" above and "Tiger Band" below.

It is a very well built watch. I've worn it every day for 3 years. Always maintained time and has been very rugged. It has been to the ACC championship, the CFP, and 2 National Championships. Its gotten a bit scuffed now and the battery finally died this week, so its time to send it back to get it polished and recharged.

All in all, it has been a fantastic timepiece and in these 3 short years has accumulated a lifetime of Clemson memories. I never understood why people got so finnicky about watches that cost more than 3 figures. I understand the specialized ones for diving, pilots, and outdoorsmen, but outside that I dont really get it.

Dec 4, 2017, 9:11 PM

Aw. The metal clasp on my tiger band watch broke after just one year... while clapping during a defensive stand in a Clemson GAtech game.

Jersey Shore? lol

Dec 4, 2017, 8:48 PM

No, hate to say I missed that one.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Jersey Shore? lol

Dec 4, 2017, 8:50 PM

Just go and buy a Rolex. Best made.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of my fraternity brothers had a Rolex

Dec 4, 2017, 9:17 PM

He was a d0uche in every sense of the word. Has clouded my impression ever since. Another guy had a Patek Philippe. He wasn't a ###### though in retrospect his parents probably were to give him that watch at 19 years old.

I did however pony up some cash for a pre-owned Omega Seamaster a few years back. Never had the urge for anything more expensive.

Fossil makes some half decent Android watches for those of us not part of the Apple cult.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One of my fraternity brothers had a Rolex

Dec 4, 2017, 9:21 PM

Ninetytwotiger I am not that way. Down to earth. Can't be a dhead like some people. Not in my dna.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One of my fraternity brothers had a Rolex

Dec 4, 2017, 9:26 PM

Didnt think you were that way. And one day I'll probably succumb myself to the charms of the Rolex. My sister has several Rolex's and always has one on - thats just her thing.

Dec 4, 2017, 9:12 PM

related to Clemson Football? I'll hang up and listen....

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My guess is Fossil gets themselves into bowl gift baskets

Dec 4, 2017, 9:14 PM

If it’s possible and legal to do so, then I can see this as a marketing tactic, kinda like those gift baskets at the oscars. There are always news stories of the bowl gift package and they mention the Fossil watch by brand name, not just “commemorative watch”.

Rolex, Breitling, Tag Hueur....

Dec 5, 2017, 4:20 AM

No reason to consider anything else.

get you a good atomic solar Casio or Citizen eco-drive

Dec 5, 2017, 8:35 AM

and you will never have to set it or change the batteries. Set by atomic clock every night and charged by the sunshine. Totally maintenance free forever.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have an inexpensive Citizen that works great.

Dec 5, 2017, 9:00 AM

Currently wearing it with an orange band.

There's something in these hills.

Automatics don't need batteries either....

Dec 5, 2017, 5:43 PM [ in reply to get you a good atomic solar Casio or Citizen eco-drive ]

plus they are an investment.

I haven't worn a watch in nearly 15 years. I don't see the

Dec 5, 2017, 9:06 AM

point when i have a cell phone in my pocket and I've never been one for wearing things. I've gotten used to my wedding band, but that's about as far as i go.

That said, some people wear watches just for the look. It doesn't really matter if it can actually tell time or not.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic