Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How are Wolfpack fans? Advice on traveling to Raleigh ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

How are Wolfpack fans? Advice on traveling to Raleigh ?

Oct 25, 2015, 11:55 AM

Yep

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wolfpack fans are just as bad as coots.

Oct 25, 2015, 11:59 AM

They think they're world beaters when they have an empty trophy case (unless Chucky Chest's bra is on display somewhere).

Don't drive a car you don't mind having keyed
Remove any Clemson flags/magnets/stickers/SC license plates from your car
Wear a hard hat or helmet, and hazmat suit (they will throw stuff, or worse, pee on you)
Take your allergy medicine if you're allergic to pine trees
Carry your 9mm (a SC concealed carry license is good in NC) at all times

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Wolfpack fans are just as bad as coots.

Oct 25, 2015, 12:22 PM

If you carry, don't take it into the stadium. Don't know what the carry laws are in SC, but athletic fields during scheduled events are out in NC.

Re: How are Wolfpack fans? Advice on traveling to Raleigh ?

Oct 25, 2015, 12:06 PM

My wife and I traveled to NC ST 2 years ago for the Thursday night game. Tailgated for a few. fans beside us were good. Seats bought off stubhub and we were around a lot of state fans. Overall they were passionate just like any other fan base. Of course there were the ones who were a pain but you just have to go and enjoy the win. I would recommend it!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2015, 12:18 PM

I guess it's all in where you tailgate and sit. My buddy and I went up for the Thursday night game a few years back and got a room at the Comfort Inn right next to the stadium. There was an open lot next to the hotel that was filled with Clemson fans and there was also a pretty good restaurant a stones toss from the hotel that had really good grub. Our seats were right next to the Tiger band so it was fun watching them talk trash to all the puppies! Overall I had a great trip and didn't experience much, if any trouble with their fans (Disclaimer*** I'm 6'4" pushing 3 bills, so that might have done something with the lack of $hit talking from the opposing fans). Have a safe trip and yell loud and often!!! Go Tigers!!!

Oct 25, 2015, 12:19 PM

Thanks guys..... I will be there!!!

you reap what you sow

Oct 25, 2015, 12:19 PM

I have met many NCS fans over the years.

I will admit, their place can be tough at times.

Everyone I have met here has been extremely complimentary . Love visiting THE university, love the fans and the hospitality.

Oct 25, 2015, 12:24 PM

Most are really nice. I have family that are wolf packers, and I work right across the street from the university. There are a couple of the drunks and big talkers but overall I've never had a bad experience.

Oct 25, 2015, 12:24 PM

Two years ago, we parked in the Wolfpack donor area and had no trouble but our seats were close to a portal that students used to get to their seats. Students were rude, drunk, and mouthy but we just ignored them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ir depends. I have a friend who is an NCSU guy

Oct 25, 2015, 12:29 PM

and he lives Clemson as a rival more than any other. He's very respectful. OTOH there are State fans who are rowdy and obnoxious. Their parking/tailgate area is like the coots' - a dirt parking lot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Student section likes to pee in the stands. Smells bad.***

Oct 25, 2015, 12:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Re: Student section likes to pee in the stands. Smells bad.***

Oct 25, 2015, 1:03 PM

I've heard that before, is it true?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saw it myself in 2002 I think it was. Girls too, seriously.***

Oct 25, 2015, 1:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

• Put up goal posts
• Boss

Correction, 2003 back when they had Chuck Manboobs as coach.***

Oct 25, 2015, 1:08 PM

• Put up goal posts
• Boss

If it's on TigerNet, it's true.***

Oct 25, 2015, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Student section likes to pee in the stands. Smells bad.*** ]

There's something in these hills.

Oh it's true

Oct 25, 2015, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Student section likes to pee in the stands. Smells bad.*** ]

http://www.technicianonline.com/article_2b277bee-20ff-5afc-af28-ae93cecd8c32.html

Oct 25, 2015, 1:02 PM

They have a lot of nice fans. Like all teams, they have some jerks.
Great trip. Go if you can.

Come for Geehaw'd, but travel in groups

Oct 25, 2015, 1:07 PM

It's actually better than the old days when gunfire echoed in the parking lots. Older Wuffie fans are better, but the more of them are together the more likely they are to sink to the lowest common denominator.

GeeHaw'd!!

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2015, 1:14 PM

Go to The Angus Barn of you get a chance. Sit upstairs in the bar area if you don't have a reservation. You can also visit the cigar lounge behind their meat locker if they still have it and you're into that sort of thing. Excellent ribeyes and atmosphere...

Oct 25, 2015, 2:28 PM

Don't go. Horrible fans! Watch it on the tube.

Sit with Clemson fans. Their fans aren't that bad honestly***

Oct 25, 2015, 2:26 PM

I live here - all that bad stuff...it's true!

Oct 25, 2015, 2:29 PM

True story...my oldest son got a FULL RIDE to NCSU (Park Scholarship). The one thing that stuck out in his mind was going to the Clemson - NCSU game in 201? when we were ranked and they spanked us. The Pack fans going in and out were so obnoxious he was jaded from then on. Went to MIT instead!

Re: I live here - all that bad stuff...it's true!

Oct 25, 2015, 2:54 PM

Probably a good choice. I made it to an Engineers football game when I lived there. If i'm remembering correctly they had an undefeated season last year.

Oct 25, 2015, 2:32 PM

The few I met last year cried a lot, Go Tigers!

I just remembered another fan incident

Oct 25, 2015, 2:36 PM

The first time I went to a game here (Raleigh). Not sure what year it was (a *long* time ago), but we went up 21-0 very fast and ended up losing. The entire referee crew was suspended...but I digress.

Anyway, I was next to the State student section. They somehow locked/chained a Clemson fan in a stall. Cops had to come get him out.

Realistically, though, probably not any worse on average than any other stadium in the south.

Wolfpack fans are normally great fans and this dates back

Oct 25, 2015, 2:39 PM

to the Sheridan days. The last time I was there a few years ago there were a few frat boys openly urinating in the stadium, but my dealings with them for over 30 years has been very positive

Oct 25, 2015, 2:46 PM

My sister is a State grad and I gave been to half a dozen Clemson games in Raleigh with her since 1999. It seems that quite a few people on here have had bad experiences but I have never had anything but good times up there, except for the 2011 game but that was because we got bad so badly.

They do have some obnoxious fans but from my experience the worst ones in Raleigh are nowhere near as bad as the ones in Tallahassee or Atlanta. I've tailgated in State lots, Clemson lots and watched the game from both home and away sections - never had an issue with a Wolfpack fan.

Oct 25, 2015, 3:03 PM

There are some - some - very bad fans, a trailer-trash camo-wearing element that can be extremely abrasive and combative, and they can start stuff, and very fast. Those talking about keying or vehicle sabotage are not joking...my friend had his jeep torn up...tires slashed, keyed, crap thrown all over it, one of the windows smashed out.

Students are terrible. Vicious little twerps who run in packs and have zero class whatsoever, and yes, they pee all over the deck...it can literally smell overwhelming in night games. They power-drink, and get out of control, as a first order of business. You wanna encourage students to attend...but they should reign them in.

Speaking of night games, those are the worst. Much drunker, much rowdier, much more of an edge on them. Not sure what to make of the 3:30pm start time...probably better for that, they won't be so liquored up. Day games can actually be pretty tame...usually much more lightly attended, and the students and camo-n-jorts crew hasn't been at the Jim Beam for the last ten hours.

THAT SAID, they are not West Virginia, and they are certainly not Maryland. Maryland fans in particular were some of the most loathsome bunch I've ever been around. Most of the NC State fans are actually pretty decent, but the students and fringe element can...sour the overall experience.

Take precautions, stay away from the student section, and don't leave an obvious Clemson vehicle unattended, and you should be OK.

Oct 25, 2015, 3:45 PM

I am married to State grad and we have season tickets to their games. I have seen the good and bad at their games.. Really only had one bad experience when I was dressed in all orange in the middle of a sea of red... A man next to me actually told his son to hit me with one of those clapper things if I continued to cheer for Clemson! My husband and many other State fans set that man straight ;)
The majority of their fans are very nice and complimentary of Clemson.

I will say this game does worry me just a little. They get really fired up when they play ranked teams at home and for some reason they always seem to have a "miracle win" (#7 Clemson '11 and #3 FSU '12)..
GO TIGERS??
Safe travels to all who are coming!

We're going...staying about 30 minutes away. Parking

Oct 25, 2015, 3:49 PM

suggestions?

Restaurant suggestions after game?

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic