Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Impact Freshmen
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Impact Freshmen

Jul 1, 2013, 10:59 AM

Impact Freshmen

Which members of Clemson's talented 2013 recruiting class will have a chance to make an impact this fall? We take an early look at the true freshmen that have a chance to earn playing time this season. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Impact Freshmen

Jul 1, 2013, 12:02 PM

Coach S. compares several of these guys with Nuke. That is a real compliment. I can't wait until the Tigers have four or five Nukes on the field at the same time. Clemson football is about to get interesting!

Just hope he doesn't wait till mid-season to start them

Jul 1, 2013, 12:10 PM

like he did with Nuk

Jul 1, 2013, 12:22 PM

This year freshman class at the skill positions on both sides of the ball is one of the largest in turns of physical sizes, speed, and brings a little hungrier work ethnic for playing time, plus a little swagger with their style of play. This definitely will step up the competition for playing time at these skill positions. The early in enrollees have shown some of these attributes this spring. Not only will these players bring some confidents & competitiveness at all the skills positions, but also the must need sizes to compete and possible dominate the high profile type of games. Can't wait to see what the newcomers do this upcoming fall practices. I can see a little Dwight Clark, Miller, Dawkins, R. Gardner, J. Harper & James Davis, etc. in these guys. PS. The 2014 LB class is looking good as well. Great recruiting by our coaching staff. If all goes well, they should have plenty of talent to work with for future program building to maintain a high level of competing.

Message was edited by: oldschtiger70®

Comparison to J. Harper

Jul 1, 2013, 12:59 PM

I liked Harper. My only issue with him is that he always seemed reluctant to hit the hole. Not that he was scared, but he seemed to move around a bit too much in the pocket looking for the perfect lane. Big guys need to just pick a spot and hammer it.

Re: Comparison to J. Harper

Jul 1, 2013, 1:57 PM

Agree, should have north/south or cut and go style of running.

Re: Comparison to J. Harper

Jul 1, 2013, 9:19 PM

As of now, we don't have a dominant type running back.
also a lot of questions marks in the defensive secondary.
And people are talking about a national championship? Let's try and pull off a miracle and somehow beat UGA first. That's going to take our A+ game. Maryland will present much more of a challenge than anyone is realizing. N.C. State?? And then there's Carolina in Columbia. This unwarranted optimism scares me.

Agree but I inferred Dabo was only comparing size not style.***

Jul 1, 2013, 3:02 PM [ in reply to Comparison to J. Harper ]

Except for his last game at Fla. St. He was $$ that night.***

Jul 1, 2013, 4:56 PM [ in reply to Comparison to J. Harper ]

Alexander the Great

Jul 1, 2013, 1:02 PM

He's going to get some catchy nickname like that ^ when he's leading our secondary to a golden age of covering 3/4 of the field in an orange, iron curtain. Maybe not this year, but in two or three, our DBs will be GOOD. Like national attention good.

Can't wait to see how the freshmen help our secondary out this year! Two or three of them won't redshirt, for sure.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Alexander the Great

Jul 1, 2013, 9:20 PM

Is that realy good news?

don't see boulevard mentioned.

Jul 1, 2013, 9:32 PM

We may be loaded at lb, but this car is a hitting machine and will earn playing time.

GO TIGERS

meant boulware. stupid smart phone.***

Jul 1, 2013, 9:35 PM

Jul 1, 2013, 9:53 PM

A s far as an impact player for this season is concerned. I think that Leggett is in the top two freshman of taking that award b/c of the injury to Sam Cooper. This is going to give Leggett a little edge on playing b/c of the way he showed himself to have great potential at the TE position in the spring. This is why I'm picking Leggett to be the impact player for Clemson this year. If we were allowed a second pick, hands down it would be Alexander Mackinsie.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2013, 6:10 PM

If they can put 15 pounds on Leggett, he could be a force of nature. However, we don't seem to have much succcess in muscling up players once they get here. An example, Zac Cooper still playing at his HS weight of 185, even though he's 6'1". No way he's a factor at running back. With his frame, he could easily play at 220. Imagine that. But we just son't seem able to get it done in terms of player development. Spemcer Region still at 250---what a waste of talent and a scholarship.

Re: meant boulware. stupid smart phone.***

Jul 1, 2013, 9:59 PM

Yes sir hewtiehew, these smart phones are touchy....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How about Tyrone Crowder

Jul 1, 2013, 10:50 PM

He is a big nasty offensive lineman.

Re: How about Tyrone Crowder

Jul 2, 2013, 6:15 PM

If they can bring him along, he could be awesome. I just don't much confidence in our S&C program. But we've been down this road before, and Dabo seems so defensive about it that an intelligent, objective analysis of it is probably beyond hope.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic