Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How Uga can beat Clemson?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,984

How Uga can beat Clemson?

Feb 22, 2020, 9:04 AM

Need some help Dawg fans here? Is your team going to be any good in 2021 or will you be another ACC level game for us?

You will have a true freshman qb or sophomore probably with limited experience and not that highly thought of to begin with. Better pray White and Cook don’t leave for the NFL or you have 1 premier RB in Milton. WR you have Pickens and no one. OL is who? Sayler? Cade Mayes :)... oh wait.

Your defense includes hopefully returning good DBs but most likely they are all bolting to the NFL and Lecounte is gone for sure. Any decent LBs?

Please help. Not sure what is expected from your team in 2021, help let me know why it might be close.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How Uga can beat Clemson?

Feb 22, 2020, 9:06 AM

I was thinking that game might be a good one. Then I read your post and realize UGA has no chance.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2020, 9:10 AM

It was a legitimate question... I assume you know your team better than I do. Where am I wrong? What will be your strengths in 2021? Maybe expect Zamir to come back and run the ball? Maybe LB with the Nolan kid we wanted from IMG? I really don’t know.

Feb 22, 2020, 9:39 AM

Any pretense of legitimacy to your question was gone with questioning if UGA might be another ACC level game for UGA. Still, I'll play along. Like Clemson, UGA will have a new starter at QB. That will be Carson Beck or Brock Vandergriff, who was a very highly rated QB, which seems at odds with your notion the UGA QB will be "not that highly thought of." I suspect both teams will be loaded on defense. UGA will lose some players to the draft, as will Clemson, but both teams have great depth. I think the Dawgs will be fine at RB (Cook, White, Milton), WR (Pickens, Rosemy, Washington, Smith) and the OL (Jones, Sherman, Ratledge). But, maybe you think they don't have anyone of note. If you're right, I guess Clemson wins in a blowout.

Feb 22, 2020, 9:45 AM

I think it's going to be a game of whose "new" starters play the best. It's the first 2021 game for both teams, so rust will definitely come in to play. Defenses on both sides will be strong. The playmakers on offenses is going to be even as I currently see. Naturally turnovers may be the difference.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2020, 10:26 AM

Our “new” starter will have 200-250 snaps in 2020. He won’t be exactly new.

My comment about not highly thought of was Beck. Obviously the Brock kid is a 5 star but will be a true freshman.

I think Clemson will have a lot less question marks in my opinion.

Oh and AFDawg, my ACC comment was spot on. You lost at home to Junior. What’s their record against the ACC the last 5 years?

Feb 22, 2020, 10:35 AM

I'm not sure who you mean by "Junior." I'll assume SC, since you guys like to bring that up every 7 minutes. Are you suggesting GA won't be more difficult for Clemson than the typical ACC opponent because UGA lost at home to SC, who hasn't been very good against the ACC over the past five years?

Feb 22, 2020, 12:09 PM

All bets are off usually with a season opener. Both teams will have plenty of talent on the field.

Feb 22, 2020, 2:59 PM

Both teams will have plenty of talent on the field.

If Spurrier was correct, maybe not:

“I don’t know. I sort of always liked playing them that second game because you could always count on them having two or three key players suspended.”

Feb 22, 2020, 4:26 PM

Both teams will have plenty of talent on the field.

If Spurrier was correct, maybe not:

“I don’t know. I sort of always liked playing them that second game because you could always count on them having two or three key players suspended.”

Ask Stevie-boy how much he liked the last time he played that early-season game! :)

Feb 22, 2020, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Re: How Uga can beat Clemson? ]

If you mean DJ, I will be amazed if he hits 60 snaps (if our plan is to play him in 4, and redshirt). The other QBs will also be taking snaps.

Feb 22, 2020, 4:24 PM [ in reply to Re: How Uga can beat Clemson? ]

Our “new” starter will have 200-250 snaps in 2020. He won’t be exactly new.

My comment about not highly thought of was Beck. Obviously the Brock kid is a 5 star but will be a true freshman.

I think Clemson will have a lot less question marks in my opinion.

Oh and AFDawg, my ACC comment was spot on. You lost at home to Junior. What’s their record against the ACC the last 5 years?

You boys are so funny. You complain about "trolls" all the time, then you turn right around and invite trolls with threads like this.

I have a better question for you: do you want to talk actual football, or do you just want to hear about how bad your opponent might be? Do you really think DJ will have 200-250 snaps this year? That would be somewhere between 15-20 snaps per game. Most teams have about 1000 offensive plays in a season, so that would be nearly a quarter of your offensive snaps, in Trevor's "Heisman campaign" season. We'll see.

Beck was a 4-star guy, just like Fromm was. Maybe he'll be a bust, maybe not. Again, we'll see, but we'll have several options other than Brock. And as for everywhere else, we'll see what 3 years of top 3 recruiting classes does for us (and before you go there, no, Mark Richt never had a consensus top 3 class). But we're gonna go ahead and make the trip in any case, whoever our roster is made of.

And no, your ACC comment was not "spot on". Not even close, and only served to attract trolls. Our loss to USC last year will have no bearing on our 2021 game, just as us winning 6 of the last 7 vs the ACC will have no bearing, and just as your 5-game losing streak to USC in the not-too-distant past will have no bearing.

Go ahead and discount us if you want. Clemson may very well win the game, but there's also a pretty fair chance you won't. It will most likely be a close, hard-fought game. And that's something a good number of both Dawg fans and Clemson fans will look forward to.

Yikes ??***

Feb 22, 2020, 3:16 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,984
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic