Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How Many Clemson Football Games Have You Attended?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

How Many Clemson Football Games Have You Attended?

Aug 18, 2019, 4:39 PM

I moved to Clemson in early July 1955. Started attending all Clemson home games that season. After about four years my wife and I started attending practically all of the away games and any bowl game if we were playing. About 15 years ago, due to age and my wife's health, we decided to skip the away and bowl games. I'm guessing an average of at least seven games per year for 64 years would equal about 448 games minimum. I've had the same seats (Sect. UF, Row A, Seats 15 & 17) in the stadium since 1958 when the first addition to the south stands was completed. I don't have to climb up or down, just go through the portal, turn right and my seats are on the aisle end of the row on the west end 45 yard line.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How Many Clemson Football Games Have You Attended?

Aug 18, 2019, 4:53 PM

Class of 89, probably just over 200 games.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Somewhere in the 160-175 range for me

Aug 18, 2019, 5:02 PM

over a roughly 40 year period

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2019, 5:12 PM

A true fan there Joe! Way to go. I graduated in ‘95, and probably been to about 50-60 games.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

15-20 growing up, 3 season tickets, and bowl/away games

Aug 18, 2019, 5:17 PM

Puts me around 50ish.

Aug 18, 2019, 5:33 PM

Not sure exactly. However I have only missed two home games in the last fifty years. During my high school years I
saw virtually every home game, and when a student at Clemson did not miss a game. My brother and I usually pick
out at least a couple of away games to attend.

Aug 18, 2019, 6:06 PM

Wow, I walked pass your seats hundreds of times! We have 4 tickets on the 45 yard line, UF row B, with seats in the middle of the row. Probably watched somewhere north of 400 games. Started off selling programs on game day so I could slide on the bank.

Aug 18, 2019, 6:23 PM

So long ago that I don't remember my first game, but it was in the early 50's. I did attend the last Big Thursday game and the first usc game in Death Valley. Total about 400 to 450. I had some years where I was working on Saturdays and that certainly sucked. We have been in the same seats in UP for 46 years and hope to make it a few more. Class of '69. Go TIGERS!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2019, 6:45 PM

I'm going to say that my closest guess would have to be on average after I started going to home games as an adult is about 4 home games a season depending who was on our home game schedule, maybe more or less for about 30 years, and that would come to about 120 games as a 56 year Tiger fan, and I've never had a season ticket of my own. Every ticket that I have walked into DV with, they came from a scalper on the side walks around the stadium, and I never paid more than $75 bucks for a ticket, and I've never been in a TD seat, lower/upper bowl only, and never on the visitor side.

EDIT) The only away games I have attended would be 1 UGA game in Athens, and once was more than enough!!! Then there are the coot games in Cootlumbia, and that has been 5 games I think, and it would have been more but, those Tics are very hard to get at a price that I could afford!!! That's about it, Go Tigers!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

294 consecutive home games. I don't know total of all

Aug 18, 2019, 6:50 PM

games.

Aug 18, 2019, 7:47 PM

I'm 50, life timer but attended The Citadel by choice. I've attended 216 Clemson Fball games, give or take 4 or 5. I attended the Jan 1st 1982 NC game and the 2016 NC game. Didn't make Santa Clara.
My dad has not missed a home game since 1972, and still counting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2019, 7:50 PM

Coming from you Joe, that is not a fair question!

Aug 18, 2019, 7:53 PM

Actually, I started going in the middle 50's when I was about 9 or 10. My mother would not let me hitchhike to away games so I just went to home games. I started going regularly a few years later in the late 50's early 60's. Except for my active duty years in the Martines and one pesky war, I have not missed many!

Aug 18, 2019, 8:02 PM

More than 200 at DV and 18 in Columbia, 5 ACC title games, 10 bowl games plus 6 CFP games...almost 250 I'd say.

First was Villanova in 1978. Last was ND in Texas and the next will be tech in 12 days.

Aug 18, 2019, 8:11 PM

50ish. Some away

Aug 18, 2019, 8:29 PM

missed some home games over the years due to work but made some away and bowl games. 78 Gator bowl, 79 ND game, 81 NC game in Miami, 87 and 88 citrus bowl games, 89 gator bowl 86 gator bowl, good number of GT games in Atlanta including the $2 bill game. I figure conservatively about 150 games.

Aug 18, 2019, 8:44 PM

I am 51 and I started going to the games when I was <1 year old. Although I suspect I didn't go to all of the games in my first year or two, I suspect I have been to around 350 games.

I know this answer!

Aug 18, 2019, 8:58 PM

--167 games attended
--record in those games 127-40
--in 18 different stadiums in 10 different states

--will add NY and hopefully LA this year!

Re: I know this answer!

Aug 18, 2019, 9:13 PM

Now that is keeping excellent record of your games. If I could start over I would save all tickets. Too late now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2019, 10:23 PM

I keep a running Word doc now.

Oddly, game 100 and game 150 for me were both wins over Auburn!

Aug 18, 2019, 10:23 PM [ in reply to Re: I know this answer! ]

I keep a running Word doc now.

Oddly, game 100 and game 150 for me were both wins over Auburn!

Aug 19, 2019, 8:30 AM

I do the same thing, except I have an Excel spreadsheet that tracks everything from attendance to jersey/pants combo to a small write up about each game and the trip to/from the game. I do the latter so when my mind isn't there I can always have that to remember all the good times.

First game was 1989 vs NC State and the most recent was Cali Natty. My number currently stands at 139.

I do have tix stubs from all the games, although about 20 of them are those crummy generic stubs.

I also do this for basketball and baseball games. Yes, I have too much time on my hands.

See you in Syracuse!***

Aug 19, 2019, 7:48 AM [ in reply to I know this answer! ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Class of '89 Somewhere Between 95-100***

Aug 18, 2019, 9:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Approx 250.

Aug 18, 2019, 9:12 PM

I haven't been in 5 years though.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Joe, If You Don't Mind Sharing How Many IPTAY Priority Point

Aug 18, 2019, 9:15 PM

Do you have?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A lot

Aug 18, 2019, 9:41 PM

But not near enough.

Aug 18, 2019, 9:45 PM

250 to 300 since 1970. Would have to go back and look at schedules. Only big ones I missed were SC in 72, Miami in 05 and GT in 06. Probably closer to 300. I think 9 losing regular seasons out of 49, not bad. If you start in 77 I have only experienced 3, in 92, 94 and 98.

Far, Far, Too Few

Aug 18, 2019, 9:46 PM

Looking forward to the future.

Aug 18, 2019, 10:01 PM

I'm 57. I've been to every home game for 46 years without missing. Hoping for many more. 1971 was the last time I missed a home game . I have every ticket stub. I have an Uncle who went to 402 consecutive games home , away , and bowl / playoff
games without missing up until a couple years ago.

250+ ...***

Aug 18, 2019, 10:09 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At 43 years of age

Aug 18, 2019, 11:17 PM

I’d say around 120 home games plus road/bowl/playoff games.

Not bad for a non alum

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Aug 18, 2019, 11:58 PM

81...exactly. Great question Joe.

Aug 19, 2019, 1:07 AM

I believe 30 or 31 home games. 1 away game (WF 2018)

Have been to 21 different college stadiums at last count

Aug 19, 2019, 6:19 AM

Started going when I was 6 years old. Class of 1993. Probably around 150 including a couple bowls, ACC champs, 1 CFP game and Tampa. It’s been a great experience and now my daughters are attending.

I’ve only missed one home game since 1986 season.

Aug 19, 2019, 6:47 AM

That game was on September 9 1995. Streeter was QB vs FLa State.

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic