Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How Dabo Swinney's Christian Evangelism boosts Clemson recruiting-article
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 83
| visibility 1

How Dabo Swinney's Christian Evangelism boosts Clemson recruiting-article

Dec 21, 2019, 8:14 AM

God bless Dabo, what an awesome role model, we are so lucky to have him as our coach
https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/clemson/how-dabo-swinney-s-christian-evangelism-boosts-clemson-recruiting/article_f37620ae-2029-11ea-a2ba-3b2a36e6fcf5.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How Dabo Swinney's Christian Evangelism boosts Clemson recruiting-article

Dec 21, 2019, 8:19 AM

What I will always marvel at with Dabo is the fact that he just goes about things the way he plans them and it always seems to work out for him... and by proxy , Clemson Football .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 21, 2019, 8:29 AM

Because Dabo is real, everything is from the heart, natural, there is a flow to everything he does, it's not forced or fake. There are very few people I call role models, but Dabo is definitely at the top of that list. I think that's why all his players & coaches love him & believe in him.

You’re right,

Dec 21, 2019, 8:32 AM

Dabo would never dream of tweeting snarky messages to recruits on the biggest day of their lives simply because they didn’t choose Clemson.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/My-response-to-Justin-Flowes-Oregon-commitment-vid-26549979

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You’re right,

Dec 21, 2019, 8:42 AM

We all have short comings, including you, judge ye not, for ye not be judged, let he who is without sin cast the first stone. At least I am working on mine. It takes a really insecure individual to insert their own negative feelings into such a beautiful & well written article, but your ego forced you to make it about you. Why can't you just appreciate the article, this is about Dabo & not you or I.

Consider this as me shooting the messenger

Dec 21, 2019, 8:47 AM

Not the message.

If you were actually “working” on anything you would have internalized the legitimate criticism regarding your actions, but you didn’t. You doubled and tripled down on your own immaturity, then started calling everyone snowflakes when defending the indefensible wasn’t working.

You disgrace yourself, about which I care not, but you also publicly embarrass Clemson fandom by your actions. That does bother me.

If you truly admire Dabo and the Clemson program, which is doubtful, I suggest you take a lesson from him and simply ask yourself before you tweet whether he would do that and why or why not.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Consider this as me shooting the messenger

Dec 21, 2019, 8:49 AM

And you proved your own shortcomings in doing so, and it's pretty obvious you must have many. When #### comes out of your mouth, there is no way to make it good in God's eyes, so trying to justify your shortcomings to me doesn't matter, my opinion is irrelevant. I will pray for you.

Re: Consider this as me shooting the messenger

Dec 21, 2019, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Consider this as me shooting the messenger ]

WWDD ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dude, he is a coot troll. He only embarrasses himself.***

Dec 21, 2019, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Consider this as me shooting the messenger ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2019, 9:00 AM [ in reply to You’re right, ]

evidence, please

Dec 21, 2019, 9:01 AM

I am better than to lower myself to your level, back to mute for you

Dec 21, 2019, 9:03 AM [ in reply to Re: You’re right, ]

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/My-response-to-Justin-Flowes-Oregon-commitment-vid-26549979

Dec 21, 2019, 9:05 AM

I am better than to lower myself to your level, God bless

Boom roasted ??***

Dec 21, 2019, 9:10 AM [ in reply to You’re right, ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2019, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Re: How Dabo Swinney's Christian Evangelism boosts Clemson recruiting-article ]

These kind of articles always make me nervous because they make it sound like Dabo and crew are knocking a hole in the wall of separation between church and state. I hope the staff is diligent about that. Having said that, it is no surprise to me that genuinely living as Christ attracts people. He has exactly what the world needs; it is just sometimes hard for us imperfect people to accurately model Him. I think Dabo and staff do it pretty well. I am glad he is coaching and leading young men. All the better that he is a Clemson!

Dec 21, 2019, 9:02 AM

Is it possible to be a good person without being a christian ? Just Asking ?

Nah you’re doing more than just asking.

Dec 21, 2019, 9:08 AM

You’re trying to stir the pot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Trying to light the powder keg more like it***

Dec 21, 2019, 9:18 AM

Re: Nah you’re doing more than just asking.

Dec 21, 2019, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Nah you’re doing more than just asking. ]

I am wondering if the coaching staff or you T-net guys would be as welcoming to a really good athlete/student/citizen if he was openly non-christian ??

of Course

Dec 21, 2019, 9:37 AM

I’m sure we have some players that aren’t religious. I’m not that spiritual of a person myself.

Judging people for any reason wouldn’t be very Christian now would it?

Re: of Course

Dec 21, 2019, 9:57 AM

I hope that you are right. I wonder how the coaches proselytizing make those student/athletes feel. Does it contribute to team unity for them ?

Your neck beard is showing.***

Dec 21, 2019, 10:11 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Your neck beard is showing.***

Dec 21, 2019, 10:25 AM

I don't even know what that is supposed to mean.

Let me help you out.

Dec 21, 2019, 12:56 PM

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=neckbeard

Re: Let me help you out.

Dec 21, 2019, 1:55 PM

Thanks.

Re: Your neck beard is showing.***

Dec 21, 2019, 1:55 PM [ in reply to Your neck beard is showing.*** ]

So it's sort of like I'm using my brain and you're not.

See, it's not that I don't get that you don't want to consider my point. It's that I don't care whether you do or not.

Let me guess, you're a member of the ffrf?***

Dec 21, 2019, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Re: of Course ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: Let me guess, you're a member of the ffrf?***

Dec 21, 2019, 12:14 PM

I am a guy who thinks the Founding Fathers were correct to build a wall of separation between church and state. They had recently experienced what happens without such a wall.

Dec 21, 2019, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Nah you’re doing more than just asking. ]

I would hope that anyone who claims to be a Christian would. That is supposed to big part of our MO.

But that might involve stepping on someone’s toes.

Dec 21, 2019, 1:06 PM

Tobias would say that’s a “violation of rights.”

Re: But that might involve stepping on someone’s toes.

Dec 21, 2019, 1:58 PM

Of the 1st Amendment rights, yes.

Have you heard of the establishment clause ?

That would be Dwayne Allen, so yes

Dec 21, 2019, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Nah you’re doing more than just asking. ]

hth

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Dec 21, 2019, 4:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Nah you’re doing more than just asking. ]

Probably not but it would be a little odd for a guy to come out as openly non-christian and discuss it with media. People would support him but not if he had some kind of agenda.

I would be very shocked if we had any open atheist on the team but I'm sure there are some agnostics who just haven't grown up around it or never really seen people live a Christian Life as best they can. I would imagine anyone who comes in that way and stays 4-5 years would be much more likely to believe than not.

Dec 21, 2019, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Re: How Dabo Swinney's Christian Evangelism boosts Clemson recruiting-article ]

Yes

Dec 21, 2019, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Re: How Dabo Swinney's Christian Evangelism boosts Clemson recruiting-article ]

Dabo would tell you this: Jesus said, "Why do you call me good? There is no one who is good except God." (All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.) Dabo is not a good person; he serves a good God.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Christ said, '...there is none good but God, no not one...'

Dec 21, 2019, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Re: How Dabo Swinney's Christian Evangelism boosts Clemson recruiting-article ]

Your question presupposes that good is relative and it presumes to judge man according to man. In your heart you are saying 'I'm as good as anyone,' which is true and any mature Christian who understand scripture will agree with you.

You misconception is that you and I will stand shoulder to shoulder before God and He will compare us to one another and make some executive decision on which one might enter His presence as eternity unfolds before us. So you're thinking perhaps Dabo might be the standard or perhaps you're the standard or maybe me or some other.

That's correct, that's how it works. You and I will stand before God with His Son between us. We will be compared to Him. For all have fallen short of God's glory. That's how it works. Christ is The Glory of God. He isn't a reflection as is Dabo, He is The Glory.

We will be measured according to that Glory, that standard of perfect.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Christ said, '...there is none good but God, no not one...'

Dec 21, 2019, 5:33 PM

I'm just standin' in the rain talkin' to myself.

The last sentence of the article?

Dec 21, 2019, 9:18 AM

The man said he was from Newspring? Meant to leave you wondering what?

Re: The last sentence of the article?

Dec 21, 2019, 9:23 AM

I was wondering the same thing, it was a pretty abrupt ending

Dec 21, 2019, 9:21 AM

I started going to church again, better late than never, but the righteous path is never easy, there will always be others trying to bring you down to their level, just have to rise above it.

Dec 21, 2019, 9:32 AM

Another good article about our fine coach. Wondering WHAT KIND of person would down vote this?

Dec 21, 2019, 9:38 AM

The more unrighteous someone is, the more uncomfortable an article like this makes them. I shared it because I was inspired by it & just thought others might be too

Dec 21, 2019, 6:27 PM

Are you really sure you want to suggest that someone not taking this article the way you do is a reflection on their righteousness?

Dec 21, 2019, 9:34 AM

Praise Jesus

Dec 21, 2019, 10:15 AM

I afmite Dabo for everything he does. This aspect of him and Clemson football is truly sad. Religion is matters of heart and Not for display and prosletyzation

Dec 21, 2019, 10:58 AM

If Jesus is in your heart, you will display it and proselytize. You do not light a lamp and put it under a cover. Therefore let your light shine so that others will recognize your good works and give glory to God.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2019, 12:25 PM

Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

When a public university employee lets their light shine by doing good deeds they have not violated the 1st Amendment. And if their charges seek out the source of those good deeds, they are exercising their freedoms as well. But when a public university employee in a position of authority starts to preach their religion to their charges, then we have crossed a line into the government establishment of religion which violates the 1st Amendment.

There are several instances documented in the P&C article that seem to cross that line.

And just what exactly are you going to do about it?

Dec 21, 2019, 1:00 PM

Nothing, that’s what. You’ll wine and moan (because you’re bitter about something) and that’s it.

Re: And just what exactly are you going to do about it?

Dec 21, 2019, 2:01 PM

WOW, if someone was to do something about it you would claim that they were bitter.

And if they just want to talk about it, they are bitter.

I guess you can know who I am from just a few inquisitive posts.

Not what the Bible says

Dec 21, 2019, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Re: How Dabo Swinney's Christian Evangelism boosts Clemson recruiting-article ]

You are welcome to have an opinion on his religion, but Jesus told his followers to tell the whole world what he had taught them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s a part of who Swinney is. Take that away

Dec 21, 2019, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Re: How Dabo Swinney's Christian Evangelism boosts Clemson recruiting-article ]

and everything that Clemson football has experienced goes away.

Dec 21, 2019, 10:57 AM

Dabo is the reason I started following Clemson football.

I have very little respect for nearly all college FB coaches. Dabo is one of the precious few exceptions.

But he said something someone might disagree with!

Dec 21, 2019, 1:02 PM

-Tobias

Re: But he said something someone might disagree with!

Dec 21, 2019, 2:03 PM

And I said something that someone might disagree with - you.

Dec 21, 2019, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Re: How Dabo Swinney's Christian Evangelism boosts Clemson recruiting-article ]

So well said

Dec 21, 2019, 12:49 PM

I know some of y'all will disagree, but Dabo Swinney is this generation's Bobby Bowden. Bobby was villified by many fans of other schools and painted in a negatie light by them and by some in the media. But, all he did - and continues to do in retirement - was live his Christianity. Dabo is doing the same thing. A Christian is not what he does, it is who he is.

Great article. Thanks for posting.

Dec 21, 2019, 1:03 PM

Kind words. Bobby Bowden is a dadgum legend.

Dec 21, 2019, 3:02 PM [ in reply to Re: How Dabo Swinney's Christian Evangelism boosts Clemson recruiting-article ]

I agree. Bobby was genuine and devout in his Christianity. I think what got him the bad rep was the fact a few of his players actions were everything but Christian. On the other side of the Coin, Bobby did lead many of them(players and staff) to Christ during their time playing for him. Bobby led Mark Richt to Christ and Mark was a major influence on my cousin when he experienced some life changing hard times.

Tobias are you reading this?

Dec 21, 2019, 6:36 PM

Coach Richt stepped on this guys cousin’s first amendment rights!! Whatever will you do?!

Re: Tobias are you reading this?

Dec 22, 2019, 8:39 AM

TD,
You keep trying to pick a fight. Why ?

We all claim to welcome these young men to our program and we love them in that way. As such, I am concerned for the welfare of the ones who might not be christians. Do they feel all of the positives that we associate with our program ? Do they feel a part of the family ?

When the coaches and most of their teammates go to some religious meeting that the coaches have promoted to the team, do they feel pressure to join in - or feel ostracized if they do not participate ? Do any of them worry that it might impact their relationship with their coach or their playing time ?

I don't know the answers to these questions, but I wonder. I wonder under what circumstances some athlete would do anything other than keep their mouth shut and hope for the best. These considerations that have me wondering have no place in a public university and they have no place in any program that claims to be helping young men grow into fine adults.

Dec 22, 2019, 11:01 AM

Tobias, my suggestion is go do a little research on your question (or veiled concern) you are putting forth. Go research what Aaron Kelly (a four year starter under Dabo...right?) said about being a Jehovah’s Witness at Clemson. I’ll help you out. He was not mistreated or pressured or forced to be baptized in a horse trough at practice for goodness sake. He started four years because he was the best at his position. Atheists insist being a non-believer is not a religion, but it has always seemed to me they often want to do anything they can to prove Christianity is just a bunch of bunk, and force others to agree? If that’s the case just laugh at us crazy Christians and move on. Dabo is not pressuring players to be Christians. He is mentoring players on life and sharing what has worked in his life. You would have to be a dullard to think there would not be dozens of past non-believing players speaking out if they thought their religion, or lack thereof, caused them to be treated unfairly at Clemson by Dabo and staff? Dabo said he had coached bunches of atheists. You honestly think mistreated atheist players would not be speaking out often?

There are no gray areas here as you suggest and you know it. The anti-religion atheist groups like FFRF dayum well know it, but are all butt hurt they cannot do a thing about it. It is just my opinion that many atheists, not all, seem to focus more on being anti-Christian, and promoting that ideology, than protecting their freedom to be non-believers. FFRF and others would have Clemson and Dabo in court if he was doing anything to really violate separation. Dabo is promoting moral Christian values and responsibility with our team through who he is, and has every right to. Is it possible you are just uncomfortable and perhaps more worried about the fact your coach is a man of the living God than you are whether these players feel pressured to be Christian? Perhaps I am wrong. When Dabo says “only God can do this” he believes that 100% and so do I. Think about it. What if we are right Tobias? Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

Dec 22, 2019, 1:55 PM

Hello my Tiger brother,

There is a lot to unpack in your post and I don't think we ought to grind through all of it here.

However, my main point is this: Dabo Swinney and his staff work at a public university. As government employees, they represent the state part in the separation of church and state. They are asked to meet a stricter standard in regard to their religious expression. I spent my career as a public school teacher and so I understand this division between my personal belief system and my public responsibilities.

The staff has a position of authority and as such they need to be reserved in their proselytizing on the job. This is not to say that they cannot exercise their belief system. Nor do they have to hide their belief system. However, they cannot use their government position to promote their belief system. Please note that this is a higher standard than forcing their belief system on their charges. To do otherwise would violate the establishment clause of the 1st Amendment.

I do not know if the staff is crossing this line still or not. Several of the incidents in the article DO cross the line, but those incidents were in the past. Perhaps the staff has reined in their religious activities to avoid crossing that line. I would like to know more.

Finally, here is a little test to give us some guidance as to whether an action might violate the separation of church and state. Imagine if a muslim or Hindu coach did the same thing as a christian coach. Would we feel differently about the action then ??

Dec 21, 2019, 2:57 PM

We are blessed to have Dabo. In all seriousness, contrast him to Kirby Smart.

Dec 21, 2019, 2:57 PM

We are blessed to have Dabo. In all seriousness, contrast him to Kirby Smart.

Dec 21, 2019, 7:25 PM

Contrast how exactly? Wins? Yeah, gotta go with Dabo. Or are you suggesting something else, holiness, maybe? Seems like you're suggesting Dabo is somehow a better human being.

as long as players don’t get pressured into anything it’s fine

Dec 21, 2019, 3:11 PM

I know they have a chapel and religious speaker the night before games at the team hotel that is optional.

Re: as long as players don’t get pressured into anything it’s fine

Dec 21, 2019, 4:19 PM

How would we find out if players felt pressured ??

Dec 21, 2019, 4:35 PM

If invitations are pressure, then, it’s on you.

Why would it be any of your business?***

Dec 21, 2019, 6:34 PM [ in reply to Re: as long as players don’t get pressured into anything it’s fine ]

Re: Why would it be any of your business?***

Dec 22, 2019, 8:49 AM

TD,
This is MY university, too. You keep trying to tell me to sit down and shut up. I wonder if any of our non-christian athletes feel the same way.

I am glad that we are in a position and have a staff that recruits high quality young men, but I get very concerned IF that becomes code for christian young men. This is a public university. You & I foot part of the bill for this university. And that means that religion in not one of the considerations that can be taken into account in admissions, participation, or scholarships. That is part of the US Constitution. As an American, I sort of like that.

Finally, This is MY university. As a member of the class of 1993, I think it is my duty to see that the university plays by the rules and treats each and every student as fairly as possible. This is a part of that duty as an alumnus. That's what business it is of mine.

We good ?

Yes. Sit down and shut up.***

Dec 22, 2019, 8:51 AM

Re: Yes. Sit down and shut up.***

Dec 22, 2019, 10:03 AM

1. You make the weakness of your position obvious with such posts

2. It ain't gonna happen !

Dec 22, 2019, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Why would it be any of your business?*** ]

Tobias, I don't know how exactly, but somehow Dabo must have a way of making all of his players feel comfortable with their religious choices or lack thereof. A few years ago when that Freedom From Religion organization was attacking Clemson and Dabo they sought out past players to try to find someone who felt excluded and would join them in their lawsuit but were unable to. Even the non religious players they talked to had no complaints. I wish I had a link to that article but it's been a few years.

Dec 22, 2019, 10:16 AM

I remember that and believe me when I say that it has tempered my concerns. But when I see an article in which all of the religious pressure is gathered together, my concern is revisited. I hope that our staff is teaching these young men well without having to push their religious beliefs on them.

I think the vast majority of Dabo's philosophy and his relationships with his players stands on its own without religious underpinning. But as someone who has taught high school for a large number of years, I have seen plenty of non-religious students marginalized and ostracized, that would not or could not resist that peer pressure or speak out against it. That is ALL that I am trying to do here - reasonably consider the perspective of those non-religious student/athletes that are in the minority at Clemson.

I feel sure that we all want the best for these young men, but for some of us that can easily be attached to a certain set of religious beliefs and that would be a disservice to many of our student/athletes.

As soon as you say “fairly” you have revealed yourself

Dec 22, 2019, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Why would it be any of your business?*** ]

As a bleeding heart liberal who would be okay with safe spaces in place of putt-putt and pronoun affirmation posters in place of SI natty covers in the hallways.

Re: As soon as you say “fairly” you have revealed yourself

Dec 22, 2019, 10:18 AM

So, to you, fairness is some unreasonable liberal value ?

I think that says more about you than it does me.

Dec 22, 2019, 10:35 AM

So, to you, fairness is some unreasonable liberal value ?

I think that says more about you than it does me.

The problem is the definition of fairness. It would seem some believe the only fair thing is a sterile environment where leaders hide their faith. The problem is when you turn off the light there is only darkness. These young men will be filled with something. It can be good or bad. The SOCUS got the establishment of religion wrong. We all agree that we do not want the gov forcing religion or a particular brand of religion on us. No one wants Dabo to play favorites based on the players perceived faith. On the other hand a religion is not established because Dabo lives his faith or has a voluntary bible study or faith based speakers. The standard is not that a player feels uneasy. The standard is if a coach plays favorites or forces a player to attend faith based functions. It is also comical that a certain faction wants to take freedom of religion to then extreme but believe the 2nd amendment can be compromised for the public. My view is they are both important.

My guess is a recruit knows who Dabo is and what to expect at Clemson so most/all are comfortable with the environment. It’s too bad folks aren’t concerned when Louisville provided hookers to recruits as they are when Dabo tries to instill positive values.

One parting thought, the article is clickbait meant to stir the passions of coot fans and the left. Nothing more as there is no new information in it. The clear tell is the inclusion of Newspring which is a dog whistle for coot conspiracy theorist.

Dec 22, 2019, 6:24 PM

Actually, the courts have emphasized the word coercive in drawing the legal standard. To me that lies somewhere between uneasy and forced.

I would also suggest that the staff's goal should be to not make their student/athletes feel uneasy about their belief system nor the qualty of their relationship to the staff. I don't want to see Dabo's right to pratice his faith diminished but I also do not want to see the student/athletes rights diminishe. And let's be real - Dabo is in the position of authority here, so it is incumbent on him to make sure that he doesn't coerce his players into his religion.

Dec 24, 2019, 6:09 AM [ in reply to Re: As soon as you say “fairly” you have revealed yourself ]

Indeed, I agree it does!

Dabo is as conservative as the day is long. This is what bothers you.

this is a different topic

Dec 22, 2019, 10:57 AM [ in reply to As soon as you say “fairly” you have revealed yourself ]

but I have understood the ravenous anger over "safe spaces". I mean I have seen people give entire speeches condemning them. But "safe spaces' don't actually do anything. Like they don't forgive grades or something at universities. They are merely places where students are supposed to feel safe to express emption while going through stress.

And for people who say "there are no safe spaces in real life". What do you think your house is? The place you go home to every night, where you wind down and relax and do whatever you enjoy doing?

never understood that should say ^***

Dec 22, 2019, 11:00 AM

Dec 22, 2019, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: as long as players don’t get pressured into anything it’s fine ]

How would we find out if players felt pressured ??

Easy. If a player(s) was pressured it would get out. Perhaps after they graduated or left the program. But so far not a peep from a single disgruntled player. BTW sharing your faith is not the establishment of religion. Requiring those in your charge to share in your faith is the establishment of religion.

Dec 22, 2019, 10:20 AM

When a person is in a position of authority, what is the difference between sharing and coercing ?

Dec 21, 2019, 4:37 PM

It don't take much for the Jesus Humpers and the Satan Humpers to get riled...I hope to be in a bliss without both of you bunch...

Replies: 83
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic