Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Brownell says "snaketbit" Tigers' close losses are heart-wrenching
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

New Story: Brownell says "snaketbit" Tigers' close losses are heart-wrenching

Feb 23, 2017, 6:59 PM

Brownell says "snaketbit" Tigers' close losses are heart-wrenching

The flight and bus ride home from Tuesday night’s one-point loss to Virginia Tech were quiet affairs, and head coach Brad Brownell said the Tigers’ trend of losing close games has taken a toll on his players this season. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Brownell says "snaketbit" Tigers' close losses are heart-wrenching

Feb 23, 2017, 7:11 PM

One point is worth a million, one second is worth a lifetime.

Tired of excuses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate bichin about coaches and staff

Feb 23, 2017, 8:24 PM

But he is the Tommy Bowden on Basket Ball. He has the talent but cannot coach them into a W much like Tommy. We need a Dabo

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hate bichin about coaches and staff

Feb 23, 2017, 10:19 PM

I'm for sure over the way things have been with our basketball myself. But I don't see what Brownell had to say as an attempt for forgiveness bc, what he said was a fact. But close is only good when you are playing horse shoes, or when you are throwing hand-grenades, and neither has anything to do with, or will it help us get a win at the end of a basketball game!!! After 6 years without gaining any ground or getting any better, I have personally lost all the faith that I had that Brownell would turn our BB program around from the crappy team we were when he was hired. I can't preach any longer that I have faith that Brad will turn our program around with more time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bowden's teams were more talented than most of their opponents.

Feb 23, 2017, 10:38 PM [ in reply to I hate bichin about coaches and staff ]

In contrast, Brownell's teams are less talented than most of their opponents. HUGE difference!

I agree about the similarity between the two in terms of very close losses and not quite being able to get over the hump.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I hate bichin about coaches and staff

Feb 23, 2017, 10:44 PM [ in reply to I hate bichin about coaches and staff ]

Like I've said, I'm not going to preach anymore why we should give Brad more time bc I no longer believe that Brad will change our program to what we all want and hope for it to become. But if our AD and administration isn't going to bring in a top 15-20 proven coach in while the new smell is still in Littlejohn, there isn't any need in bringing in another coach that isn't a proven big time college BB winner, we would be just as well off with Brad. To change the program, they must change the type of Head Coaches they have been okay with for the past 20 years. Go big time winning HC, or stay with Brownell until he has used up his entire contract, and stop paying coaches to sit at home or playing golf!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Brownell says "snaketbit" Tigers' close losses are heart-wrenching

Feb 23, 2017, 11:03 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Brownell says "snaketbit" Tigers' close losses are heart-wrenching ]

It's not about being snakebit.
It's about not being able to finish the job.

It is heartwrenching reading that, because...

Feb 23, 2017, 7:11 PM

the team was/is so close to being somewhat good. I am mean good enough to be in the tournament. We are better than things have worked out.

I feel sorry for him, and the team and myself.

Feb 23, 2017, 7:14 PM

This year was frustrating. Hopefully next year will be better. I thought it was tournament-bubble or bust for Brownell this year. If he ends up getting one more year, I think it would have to be tourney or bust. Full stop.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully he will get another year. Snakebit IS the right

Feb 23, 2017, 8:31 PM

word for how the season has gone.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hopefully he will get another year. Snakebit IS the right

Feb 23, 2017, 8:39 PM

let's hope not - the very definition of insanity.

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: Hopefully he will get another year. Snakebit IS the right

Feb 24, 2017, 7:18 AM [ in reply to Hopefully he will get another year. Snakebit IS the right ]

Disagree about snakebit being the right word.
The right word is finish,as in finish the job!

Feb 23, 2017, 7:15 PM

It's heart wrenching watching Brownell coach in these close losses. Time for him to pack it up.

Feb 23, 2017, 7:26 PM

How is giving up an uncontested three when up by two with four seconds left, and then after a timeout throwing the ball away, "snakebit"? Snakebit is when they make a half-court shot with no time on the clock. What we have is a problem with a coach who cannot close out a game

Feb 23, 2017, 7:44 PM

TD me if you want, but the truth is the truth

Feb 23, 2017, 8:01 PM

Excuses, excuses. Love how he continues to throw his players under the bus.

Feb 23, 2017, 8:01 PM

Too many close game loses. This directly reflects on coaching.

"Snakebit" The Story of the History of Clemson Basketball

Feb 23, 2017, 8:43 PM

Coming to a theater near you

Feb 23, 2017, 8:46 PM

Blah blah blah

Feb 23, 2017, 9:07 PM

More excuses. Only good thing is his buyout decreases 500k if he isn't fired. It is hilarious he believes this is all just bad luck.

Feb 23, 2017, 9:17 PM

> > width=5> 
> id="story-photo" width="478"
> src=http://i3.tigernet.com/stories/17/basketball/brown
> ell_brad_Media_700.jpg>
> size=2>
> cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0>
> href=/story/basketball/Brownell-snaketbit-Tigers-close
> -losses-heart-wrenching-15657 class="newstitle">> style="font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Helv,
> sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-weight: bold;
> color: #e96f26; text-decoration: none">Brownell says
> "snaketbit" Tigers' close losses are
> heart-wrenching

> class=newsbody>The flight and bus ride home from
> Tuesday night’s one-point loss to Virginia Tech were
> quiet affairs, and head coach Brad Brownell said the
> Tigers’ trend of losing close games has taken a toll
> on his players this season. > href=/story/basketball/Brownell-snaketbit-Tigers-close
> -losses-heart-wrenching-15657>> class=fullstory>Full Story
> »

Brownell Out...

Feb 23, 2017, 9:18 PM

This has gone on too long. He doesn't know how to recruit, nor does he know how to win at this level.

He gives the impression he knows he's coming back.

Feb 23, 2017, 9:21 PM

"Made the best call. Kids didn't execute. Not my fault. What is you gone do?"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I call BS on that, and so does anyone who has played

Feb 23, 2017, 9:56 PM

organizational ball. Sure, heartbreaking losses happen. It happens. But if you don't like it happening, you don't let it. You win by choice. This doesnt mean a loss doesn't happen, but a culture of losing is just that, a culture. It doesn't just happen.

Feb 23, 2017, 10:07 PM

Coach this is your problem !! Call it what you want , not getting it done !

I've been pulling so hard for you !

Feb 23, 2017, 11:28 PM

Every year it's close close close. The close losses are tough...but winners win close games. We know you love Clemson.....but 7 years is a lot. As a fan....how much time would you expect?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's why Brownell comes back next year...

Feb 24, 2017, 9:55 AM

whether you like it or not (see previous Tigernet article headline below). We have our first 4 star player (6'8") in many years coming in along with 2 others (6'8" fwd and 6'5" grd) that are more talented than most on the team lately. As in football, recruiting is the key. I'm bummed out about the way this season has turned out and CU deserves a winning Bball program but lets win a few more games and end this thing on a positive note.
"Brownell adds the final piece to the 2017 recruiting class - 4 months ago - Clyde Trapp, Jr. is the final piece to Brad Brownell's 2017 recruiting class - one that will go down as his best yet. The 3-star Hopkins (SC) Lower Richland shooting guard joins 3-star Malik William and 4-stars Aamir Simms and A.J. Oliver in Brownell’s recruiting class, giving his verbal commitment and signing with Clemson during a ceremony at his school Wednesday afternoon."

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic