Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well, Rashard Hall's comments didn't help....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Well, Rashard Hall's comments didn't help....

Apr 17, 2014, 12:34 PM

"In the same report, former safety Rashard Hall told the publication, "If you're there, you're going to know Jesus, you're going to know verses in the Bible -- it's weaved in the culture. There's a drawing-in towards Christianity"

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Well, Rashard Hall's comments didn't help....

Apr 17, 2014, 12:37 PM

well if thats a problem for you go elswhere. no one is being held in the program against their will. it is a nonissue

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Calm down slick... I'm on your side.....

Apr 17, 2014, 12:42 PM

"There's a drawing-in towards Christianity" is the comment FFRF will pounce on. Mark my word...

null

Re: Calm down slick... I'm on your side.....

Apr 17, 2014, 12:43 PM

They have zero standing here. Ignore them. This is a big nothing

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which is why there's a thousand threads about them?

Apr 17, 2014, 12:48 PM

I'm not particularly religious but certainly don't support the FFRF side of things. They are just making noise.

But good grief at the amount of threads being created on this topic.

Re: Which is why there's a thousand threads about them?

Apr 17, 2014, 1:12 PM

That group is a myth aren't they.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Comparable to Westboro Baptist and other hate groups.***

Apr 17, 2014, 1:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Are you willing to lose 5 star recruits then?

Apr 17, 2014, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Well, Rashard Hall's comments didn't help.... ]

Our practice fields aren't a church and Dabo isn't a preacher. I have no problem with him or others expressing their faith, but when it becomes interwoven into team activities the line gets blurred. I doubt y'all would feel the same if our coach was a Muslim and he were leading trips to the Mosque or praying to Mecca. To say if they don't like it they can go elsewhere only applies if Clemson was a private school. Our coaches get paid to do one thing, and that is win football games.

Re: Are you willing to lose 5 star recruits then?

Apr 17, 2014, 1:18 PM

73% of the united states identifies themesleves as christions. I think it is a lot more likely that we gain attention from a 5* prospect because of this atmosphere than losing one. Yes it is his job to coach this football team but it was also Clemson Universities job to select a football coach to represent the University. If you don't think his faith played a part in him being hired for the position you are not paying attention. Dabo was hired for a lot more than to win football games.

null

Have we lost any recruits over any of this?

Apr 17, 2014, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Are you willing to lose 5 star recruits then? ]

And can you link where Dabo is conducting religious services at football facilities that the players are mandated to go to?

TIA

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Re: Have we lost any recruits over any of this?

Apr 17, 2014, 1:23 PM
Capture.PNG(158.3 K)

Re: Have we lost any recruits over any of this?

Apr 17, 2014, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Have we lost any recruits over any of this? ]
Capture.PNG(29.1 K)

Also:

Listen I'm a Christian and there is no reason why Dabo can't hold his own devotionals/baptisms post-practice (even on university facilities) but when the whole team is required to attend, like the FCA breakfast and at practice - then there's a problem.

LOL! You snipped this from the FFRF letter. Validity of post

Apr 17, 2014, 1:28 PM

just dropped considerably.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: LOL! You snipped this from the FFRF letter. Validity of post

Apr 17, 2014, 1:31 PM

While it's certain this group has an agenda, they obtained all the factual information from FOIA requests. Are there any "facts" stated in that part of the article that are wrong?

Yet, the other facts were left out.***

Apr 17, 2014, 1:33 PM

Re: Yet, the other facts were left out.***

Apr 17, 2014, 1:49 PM

So --- did or did not Dabo hire the Chaplain? Does the chaplain have an office in the jervey and does he have a whiteboard that he puts bible quotes on? I don't know, which is why I'm asking folks who may.

They're obviously using the facts that help them build their case. But I'm thinking that the factual portion of the letter would be pretty easy to verify or discredit, despite whether or not you can agree with their objectives and commentary.

Re: Yet, the other facts were left out.***

Apr 17, 2014, 1:52 PM

Well their argument about Dabo hiring Trapp is based off a rule that Clemson has about chaplains for athletic teams. We could easily get that rule changed or have the football players vote on it - Trapp seems very popular among the players so I don't see why that would be a problem.

Are IPTAY employees on the state of SC payroll? If not, they have an office on campus as well - why can't a chaplain? I don't see the problem with having one as long as he isn't given a direct platform to the team during mandatory football events.

They can certainly be twisted to fit their agenda

Apr 17, 2014, 1:34 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL! You snipped this from the FFRF letter. Validity of post ]

I'm not privy to how practice is set up but I absolutely do not believe that Dabo would be forcing anyone to participate in any of these activities.

As far as chaplains go, our own armed forces has a multitude of chaplains and priests. When is the ffrf people gonna go after them??

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Or, go after Muslims, or Hindus, or Shintos, or ...?***

Apr 17, 2014, 1:36 PM

I'm a Christian...

Apr 17, 2014, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Have we lost any recruits over any of this? ]

...but if I were Jewish or Atheist or whatever, I wouldn't want to hear any of that. I'd feel out of place. I'm there to play football. You say "Go somewhere else"? Well maybe my parents pay taxes in the state of South Carolina and I want to stay home, near them.

There's no reason the Christian message can't be held before or after practice. I don't think anybody would have an issue with that. If I'm not Christian, then I don't want to get preached to at football practice.

For those that don't understand: We are a STATE school. Not a Christian school. You don't like it? Go to BJU.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are you willing to lose 5 star recruits then?

Apr 17, 2014, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Are you willing to lose 5 star recruits then? ]

> Our practice fields aren't a church and Dabo isn't a
> preacher. I have no problem with him or others
> expressing their faith, but when it becomes
> interwoven into team activities the line gets
> blurred. I doubt y'all would feel the same if our
> coach was a Muslim and he were leading trips to the
> Mosque or praying to Mecca. To say if they don't
> like it they can go elsewhere only applies if Clemson
> was a private school. Our coaches get paid to do one
> thing, and that is win football games.
Identify a single 5 star recruit that sent elsewhere because he felt threatened by Christianity. Name him or shut up.

I doubt he was complaining...

Apr 17, 2014, 12:42 PM

His twitter name is "ChristTraining", and his quote is "Success is measured by how many people you bless STL Rams on the field".

We've still yet to hear from someone who feels their rights were violated.

Hopefully he had the courage to say these things to Dabo.

Apr 17, 2014, 12:46 PM

I'm a Christian and living in this FREE country, I know atheism, I've read The Origin of Species, etc. I also know about other religions. Grow up and don't look to someone to create an influence-free bubble.

Re: Hopefully he had the courage to say these things to Dabo.

Apr 17, 2014, 1:54 PM

What does Athesim have to do with Origin of Species?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I, Phillip, a small boy of twelve, lay exhausted, not knowing if I was sleeping or if I was daydreaming that I was sleeping. Gently I rocked back in forth in my hammock, a hammock woven out of the eyelashes of 1000 deer.

Re: Hopefully he had the courage to say these things to Dabo.

Apr 17, 2014, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Hopefully he had the courage to say these things to Dabo. ]

What does Athesim have to do with Origin of Species?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I, Phillip, a small boy of twelve, lay exhausted, not knowing if I was sleeping or if I was daydreaming that I was sleeping. Gently I rocked back in forth in my hammock, a hammock woven out of the eyelashes of 1000 deer.

Re: Well, Rashard Hall's comments didn't help....

Apr 17, 2014, 1:38 PM

They did get a couple facts wrong. For example, they state that James Trapp is a Clemson employee. He is actually paid by FCA and is not on the state of SC payroll.

I have no idea as to the validity of the claims that they make but IF they are true, they need to be discussed at the very least especially the FRFF claims related to mandatory practices/football activities.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic