Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: The Lanyard Doesn't Lie: What waits for Clemson in 2016?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

New Story: The Lanyard Doesn't Lie: What waits for Clemson in 2016?

May 4, 2016, 8:06 AM

The Lanyard Doesn't Lie: What waits for Clemson in 2016?

With the completion of the spring game and the NFL Draft, football as we know it for 2015 is done, and the athletic year will be over as well. What waits in 2016? Hopefully just a little better than 2015. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could you elaborate more on the Oklahoma arrogance?

May 4, 2016, 8:31 AM

I wasn't able to be at that game.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Could you elaborate more on the Oklahoma arrogance?

May 4, 2016, 9:05 AM

Oh my gosh. It was awful, at least from a fan standpoint - which I assume was just an extension of the player arrogance that David is referring to. It was like being at Willy-Brice, post-game, in 2011 and 2013 but without all the rednecks (yes, those 2 years just about convinced me to never attend another game in Columbia). Sooner finds are kind of like a cross between Notre Dame and Carolina. Arrogance from history and then telling you all about it. I can't tell you the number of fans who spoke to us Clemson fans pre-game and wanted to make certain we understood that it was THIS year and not LAST year. I heard all kinds of excuses for last year. Quite different than the Natty where I thought Alabama fans, despite being roundly despised just because they are from the SEC, were very different and actually friendly. Pre-game, we talked football, not who was going to win. The OK fans shoved it in your face. But, the Alabama fans kind of smiled and wondered if we understood that they were ALABAMA, but they were nice about it. Of course, after the NC game, the Alabama fans had nothing but relief and compliments for us. They knew that game should have been ours and they were one crazy onside kick (or maybe one less blown coverage) away from being #2 instead of #1. I hope we get the Sooners again in the Nat Semifinal - we can start a new rivalry with them because the in-state "rivalry" with the chickens isn't likely to get back un-lopsided anytime soon.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2016, 9:10 AM

Sorry. "Sooner fans", not "Sooner finds"!

they were all liquored up on their "Revenge Tour" successes.***

May 4, 2016, 9:35 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

May 6, 2016, 12:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Could you elaborate more on the Oklahoma arrogance? ]

I remember standing outside the gate waiting for 2:30 till the gate opened, buying our plane tickets and hotel to Vegas for the natty..... 2 brothers in their mid 50's came up to my wife and myself as she was listening to our band play in the fanzone and they were asking me about the tombstones and what they represented... I told them in a very nice way what they stood for and his response made me chuckle.. the oldest brother who's son was a trainer for OU said "If we put up a tombstone for every top 25 win on the road, we'd have enough to cover your campus!" then went on to tell me that Dabo was immature for his cheerleader tyrades, needed to get some class and it will come with time, BIG Game Bob was a class act, Shaq was a thug for getting on their bus starting trouble and our 1 championship is nothing to their (17)!! and make sure we go to St. Augustine on the way back home... its historic and beautiful. lol .... I was busy trying to buy national championship arrangements as tickets were steady climbing for airfare and hotels, i didn't say one word out of the way... only thing i said after he said all that is simply " we sure would like to have (7) championships under our belt, hopefully we'll get number 2 this year. and said "enjoy the game and hope everyone comes out healthy Go Tigers"... hit buy on the tab, looked up for the wife and 2:30 it was, let the fun begin.. that was my favorite game i have ever been to, Ive been to a few as most of you, but that hot day in Miami is one Ill never forget!! #CUintampa

Write-ups, quotes, photos, videos all demos of Okie arrogant

May 4, 2016, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Could you elaborate more on the Oklahoma arrogance? ]

attitude before game. I actually watched game with Okie fans and watched their arrogance slowly turn to humility! Very satisfying & Refreshing! Remember they did well the first half, but slowly Tigers got the big Mo thankfully!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: The Lanyard Doesn't Lie: What waits for Clemson in 2016?

May 4, 2016, 8:46 AM

:) :) :)

Great article... You have the right lanyard for 2016 and

May 4, 2016, 8:48 AM

you should double down on another NCG and Heisman...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2016, 8:53 AM

Thanks for a great start to (my early/long) weekend DHood!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

The feels...***

May 4, 2016, 9:59 AM

May 4, 2016, 10:36 AM

Sorry David, but there will always be tears. Happy and sad emotions will always rinse the eye's and streak the cheeks. Those two emotions will always create a stream, with normal folks anyway!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope you bought that lanyard after the game.

May 4, 2016, 1:44 PM

at the discount price. Looked to me like somebody way over-estimated how popular those would be.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hope you bought that lanyard after the game.

May 4, 2016, 10:15 PM

It was the first thing I bought when I got there on gameday and pretty sure I didn't see a single person without them. Also, with plenty of experience and understanding that things go on sale afterward, I'm thinking they didn't over estimate anything. Sorry, a nitpick response, but remind me not to ever employ you for my sales projections.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic