Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Swinney holds end-of-season press conference, talks about the program
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Dec 29, 2009, 1:35 PM

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney spoke with the media on Tuesday about the state of the program heading out of the bowl season and into the spring, and he said he likes the direction the Tigers are headed. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

points per game or total points?

Dec 29, 2009, 4:11 PM

Dabo: "I think we scored more points this year than any year ever, by five points, so that's a pretty good accomplishment. "

Don't forget that we played 14 games this year, the first time in history. Or did we break the prev. PER GAME average by 5 points? That would be good.

GHT

Probably total

Dec 29, 2009, 4:30 PM

We had that long streak with 38+ points per game.

That'll break the record for you

Also played in a pathetic division.***

Dec 29, 2009, 5:29 PM [ in reply to points per game or total points? ]

Re: Also played in a pathetic division.***

Dec 29, 2009, 7:37 PM

And when we win the CC next year you'll say we played in a pathetic conference.

Big if.I live in reality.***

Dec 29, 2009, 9:16 PM

Re: Big if.I live in reality.***

Dec 29, 2009, 9:20 PM

Reality is going to work each day in order to eat and sleep warm, football is an escape from that.

Welcome to the real world.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The reason this country has a future.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

Dec 30, 2009, 4:37 PM

Thats the dumbest thing Ive ever heard.

Dec 29, 2009, 10:24 PM [ in reply to Big if.I live in reality.*** ]

lol, coots make me laugh

Re: Also played in a pathetic division.***

Dec 29, 2009, 10:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Also played in a pathetic division.*** ]

And when we win the national championship again he will say every school in the nation was weak that year.

Just check this moron's post history... Also a Johnny-come-

Jan 3, 2010, 8:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Also played in a pathetic division.*** ]

lately.

Good luck against UConn***

Dec 29, 2009, 10:42 PM [ in reply to Also played in a pathetic division.*** ]

Hope he enjoyed the only ACCCG of his career...

Dec 30, 2009, 5:34 PM [ in reply to points per game or total points? ]

I am afraid that he has already peaked and the next few seasons will be 7 or 8 wins at best.

We lose perhaps the best player in school history on offense. We also lose our best TE and best WR. Dabo and Napier will be tested without having CJ to bail out the offense with big plays.

We stand to lose tons on defense as well.

These are the facts. You can say he has a different attitude and that the team is all in, but on paper, we will definitely be worse next year than this year on both offense and defense.

Re: Hope he enjoyed the only ACCCG of his career...

Dec 31, 2009, 10:54 AM

You are dead wrong!Harper and Ellington will pick up were C.J. left off. The defense will be better (due to better linebackers)as they play under the new aggressive system from Steele. QB's will be more experienced and one or more wide receivers and a Tight end or two will come from redshirts and freshman.Schedule will be tougher,but team will be stronger. We were too dependent on C.J. Now we must do it as a team effort, which is always better.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2009, 7:10 PM [ in reply to Hope he enjoyed the only ACCCG of his career... ]

Ok, on offense we lose Jacoby Ford, Thomas Austin, Michael Palmer, and the CJ Spiller. People are gonna call me sacreligous on here, but didnt harper and ellington have just as good of games as Spiller? And won't our offensive line be better, seeing as how we only lose one starting lineman? We will miss Ford and Palmer, but hopefully a reciever or two will step up. On defense we lose Crezdon Butler, Chris Chancellor, Sadat Chambers, Ricky Sapp, maybe Jarvis Jenkins maybe DeAndre McDaniel, Kavell O'Connor too. We only lose one guy off our defensive line maybe two. We lose one of our best tacklers at linebacker but that Hawkins guy was doing a pretty dang good job filling in. And sure we lose a lot of our secondary, but we did last year too and they didnt do too bad. Byron Maxwell and Marcus Gilchrist aren't bad at all. Spencer Adams reportedly runs a 4.3 40, all i know is he smeared Kentucky's punter. And if we keep DeAndre we're set. Don't jump ship just yet we're not going anywhere.

we will definitely be worse next year than this year on both

Dec 31, 2009, 7:12 PM [ in reply to Hope he enjoyed the only ACCCG of his career... ]

definitely?

you got a crystal ball?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2009, 9:34 PM [ in reply to Hope he enjoyed the only ACCCG of his career... ]

I have to agree. There's an excitement in the air about next year based on this year and it's on false pretenses.

Without the division win (we fell into it), this season was crap.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

We didn't fall into the ACCCG, dumas. We started 2-3 and

Dec 31, 2009, 9:46 PM

battled our a$$es off to win our next 6 games, including some nice wins, all with a first year Head Coach, new systems, and freshman QB with NO experience.

We finished with 9 wins against the 15th toughest schedule in America. (http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2009/Internet/toughest%20schedule/fbs_9games_past.pdf)

That takes GREAT coaching.

You kinda sound like an idiot who takes pleasure in sounding like one. What false pretenses are you talking about?

We lose perhaps the best offensive player in school history

Dec 31, 2009, 9:39 PM [ in reply to Hope he enjoyed the only ACCCG of his career... ]

a great TE, and a good WR.

We lose a couple seasoned corners and a pretty good DE.

Everything else you said is bull####.

You sound like a loser who gets his rocks off by stirring the pot. That's kinda sad.

Re: We lose perhaps the best offensive player in school history

Jan 6, 2010, 4:04 PM

Yeah but i have a REALLY good feeling that Harper will learn how to hold onto the ball and him and Ellington are gonna be a HUGE dual threat!

GO TIGERS!

Jan 2, 2010, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Hope he enjoyed the only ACCCG of his career... ]

Every year you lose players, that is the nature of CFB. UF is losing Tebow, does that mean they will never win another SEC title?

It is negative people like you that will never be successful. That is a fact. Try looking at the positives instead of the naegatives and you will see that this team has a tremendous amount of potential.

I have not, but I am sure if I read your history you also said that this season would not go as well as it did.

I am not sure why I even try to rationalize on the internet with an irrational person, but I guess I can stoop every now and then!

Re: So in other words...

Jan 4, 2010, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Hope he enjoyed the only ACCCG of his career... ]

you think the sky is falling!!! Doom and gloom already?

Good grief - College football players graduate and some go pro early. Big deal. That is what happens. It's called "college" football. But guess what also happens. New recruits come in, redshirts step up, underclassmen become more experienced, our coaching staff becomes more experienced, and new seniors step into leadership roles. With no one giving them a chance this past season (and yes, I'm pretty sure that with your attitude, you probably didn't give them a chance either), our team won our division and came very close to a trip to the Orange Bowl.

For the first time in over a decade, our program actually "overachieved" virtually all expectations from the collective college football media, our fans, and other teams' fans. That is something that should excite you about our program and is something that we haven't been able to say in a very long time.

I think optimism is more than justified at this point. Think about it.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic