Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hope I'm wrong
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Hope I'm wrong

Jun 15, 2015, 12:57 PM

But hearing negotiations with Monte Lee is being held up today because they can't agree to terms with Heath.

Don't eff this up DRad. Please.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Hope I'm wrong

Jun 15, 2015, 1:00 PM

Crap. Does this have to do with the salary cap the BOT gave D-Rad, or is there something else going on?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Difference of $50-$75k***

Jun 15, 2015, 1:03 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Difference of $50-$75k***

Jun 15, 2015, 1:06 PM

If true that seems incredible to me.....D-Rad better not eff this thing up over chump change.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

That aint chump change for baseball assistants

Jun 15, 2015, 2:18 PM

so I have a hard time believing that we are that far apart. Thats 30-40% of a full salary. If we are really that far apart, then Lee is asking too much or we aren't paying anywhere near the going rate.

Maybe it's the difference between Heath coming with Lee

Jun 15, 2015, 2:38 PM

to Clemson or staying at CofC as HC. ??? Just guessing.

Could very well be

Jun 15, 2015, 3:09 PM

but then we are comparing apples to potatoes.

Re: As a % of total men's athletic coaches' salaries, yes it

Jun 15, 2015, 3:26 PM [ in reply to That aint chump change for baseball assistants ]

is. It is exactly 0.009%. I think the BOT should look at the big picture and pony up, and find the corresponding savings elsewhere in the budget.

Also, bear in mind that Lee has a buyout of $75,000 if he leaves, per the terms of the extension he recently signed with CofC....

Screw Calford.

Jun 16, 2015, 7:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Difference of $50-$75k*** ]

Here is the revenue issue. We only have so much money. Been on the "cheap" because Clemson is not capable of competing salary-wise with schools who have large reserves. Lost Todd Bramble to Bama. We don't have the money for all football "needs"and throw big money at other sports. This is where reality hits. DRad won't jeopardize football. Ever.

Jun 16, 2015, 7:40 AM

that is total bs. sorry. if you did not want to upgrade why make a change in the first place. there is waaaaaaaay to much bs and misinformation going around that is doing nothing positive for the program.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mean the same Bramble

Jun 16, 2015, 8:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Difference of $50-$75k*** ]

That just left Alabama for George Mason? Guess George Mason must really be ponying up the dough. Bramble was not a great fit at Clemson... him going to Alabama wasn't about money.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Drad needs to be careful. This guy appears to be

Jun 15, 2015, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Difference of $50-$75k*** ]

difficult to deal and could be a problem in the future. Lee is in no position to be calling the shorts. We might be better to move on.

Jun 15, 2015, 1:20 PM

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH

Jun 15, 2015, 4:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Drad needs to be careful. This guy appears to be ]

> difficult to deal and could be a problem in the
> future. Lee is in no position to be calling the
> shorts. We might be better to move on.

Lee has every right to negotiate and yes he is in a position to do so. Clemson needs a coach. Lee already has a job. Naturally you don't give him a blank check, but I doubt he expects that.

Don't get cheap on me... :

Jun 15, 2015, 8:31 PM [ in reply to Difference of $50-$75k*** ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx5EzeE-1Mc

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 15, 2015, 1:05 PM

BEEN READING ARDS SITE HUH.

Everyday.***

Jun 15, 2015, 1:16 PM

Re: Everyday.***

Jun 15, 2015, 1:19 PM

THOUGHT YOU REALLY HAD SCOOP. SEE YOU ARE JUST A C&P GUY LIKE MOST OTHERS.

Why do you always yell?***

Jun 15, 2015, 1:20 PM

All information has to come from somewhere. People

Jun 15, 2015, 3:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Everyday.*** ]

don't just pull it out of the air...well some do I guess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All information has to come from somewhere. People

Jun 15, 2015, 3:11 PM

Don't worry about it. I get my information from all sorts of places.

That's Good

Jun 15, 2015, 1:21 PM

If they're being held up, DRad can still get approval from the BOT(this is who decides the pay ,not DRad) and it also shows how bad LEE wants to bring him.

Lee,Heath and LeCroy

Good Way to look at it.

Jun 15, 2015, 2:06 PM

Hopefully we wind up with that trifecta of coaches.You're,Drad doesn't have final approval of salaries. He should fight hard for it. This is the hire that he will be remembered for.

Don't forget about Brad Owens. They want him to stay as well***

Jun 15, 2015, 2:57 PM [ in reply to That's Good ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, I'm hoping Kevin McMullan

Jun 15, 2015, 1:52 PM

will be introduced as our next baseball coach.

I think that Clemson would have an equal chance of success

Jun 15, 2015, 1:59 PM

with the hiring of either Lee or McMullen. They each bring difference attributes to the table.

I would be fine with either of the two.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no worries....we all have obamcare to fall back in!***

Jun 15, 2015, 2:01 PM

Re: no worries....we all have obamcare to fall back in!***

Jun 15, 2015, 2:07 PM

Geez, now I'm worried.

Has a teacher who can't afford it otherwise....

Jun 15, 2015, 2:09 PM

I am glad to have it to insure my wife and I.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As! Darn, not with it today!***

Jun 15, 2015, 2:10 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As! Darn, not with it today!***

Jun 15, 2015, 3:14 PM

Teachers in S.C. have Blue Cross/ Blue Shield. Are you not in S.C.?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am at a private school.

Jun 18, 2015, 10:42 AM

$950 dollars for the wife and I through with the school with a $1500 deductible.

Jun 15, 2015, 4:02 PM

Monte Lee wants to bring Heath with him because he believes Heath would be a big asset to Clemson baseball. Heath has done a tremendous job at C of C. It is my understanding that he has offers to be pitching coach at 2 SEC schools, so Monte is not the only one that sees his value.

Heath would be the odds on favorite to be the next head coach at C of C if he wanted to do that. However, he is willing to come to Clemson if he is paid the same amount that the SEC schools would pay him. The problem is that Clemson doesn't want to pay him what SEC schools would pay him. They want to pay him what they were paying Pepicilli, which is about $50,000 less than what he could get on the open market. Part of the problem is that Pepicelli AND Lecroy were both underpaid to begin with in comparison to coaches at other high level ACC and SEC programs.

The bottom line is DRad is trying to cheap out on this deal. Perhaps it's his decision. Perhaps his hands are tied by the idiots on the Board of Trustees. I don't know. All I know is Clemson baseball may suffer if they don't do the right thing and pay these guys.

If I were Monte Lee I would be having serious thoughts about taking this job. If Clemson is not committed to hiring quality assistants, maybe it's not as good a job as he originally thought.

If the other rumors are to be believed, McMullen is not a real option because Clemson does not want to pay his prospective assistants either. We may end up with Perno, the guy no one else will hire, before it's over with. He could be the head coach AND the pitching coach. He did it at Georgia.

Jun 15, 2015, 4:06 PM

LMAO. EVERY WORD WRITTEN IN THAT POST IS TOTAL BS. AND THAT IS THE TRUE FACT. YOU CAN BELIEVE IT OR NOT BELIEVE IT. I HAPPEN TO KNOW THE TRUTH.

Jun 15, 2015, 4:29 PM

Oh come on DE, EVERY word? The new Arizona Baylor coaches are both bringing their pitching coaches with them. I know for a FACT that Lee wants to do the same and that it's going to take more than they were paying Pepicelli to make it happen.

But, you haven't hurt my feelings. :) What IS the truth that you know?

> LMAO. EVERY WORD WRITTEN IN THAT POST IS TOTAL BS.
> AND THAT IS THE TRUE FACT. YOU CAN BELIEVE IT OR NOT
> BELIEVE IT. I HAPPEN TO KNOW THE TRUTH.

Re: If Lee does not like it, let him stay in Charleston or

Jun 15, 2015, 9:09 PM

elsewhere. Who does he think he is?

Re: If Lee does not like it, let him stay in Charleston or

Jun 15, 2015, 9:11 PM

the question is, who do you think you are peanut. if you are trying to be funny or sarcastic it aint working. if you are serious i feel sorry for you

Re:Listen smart ###. You have to big money. Pony up an

Jun 15, 2015, 9:15 PM

pay it. We fans get stuck with every increasing tickets etc and you want to let these guys write their own checks. You are a
big mouth loser who is still but t hurt because your little buddy got canned.

Jun 15, 2015, 7:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Hope I'm wrong ]

he is right...........kinda...........others did interview today. not HC nor in college ball. may get interesting. at this point i love lee compared to who was interviewed today.

Who is Heath?

Jun 15, 2015, 4:14 PM

Candyman?

Re: Who is Heath?

Jun 15, 2015, 4:15 PM

Pitching coach and a pretty good one.

Heath and Lecroy would make for a pretty dangerous combination of Assistants.

null

Is he better than Pep?

Jun 15, 2015, 4:47 PM

It's important.

what has Lecroy done as an assistant besides recruit? Our

Jun 15, 2015, 9:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Who is Heath? ]

Hitting, fielding and base running has been atrocious.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought they were talking about this guy:

Jun 15, 2015, 5:15 PM [ in reply to Who is Heath? ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic