Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Honestly what do y’all think our chances
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Honestly what do y’all think our chances

Jan 23, 2018, 12:04 AM

Are tomorrow night versus Virginia? I’ve heard some people say we’re still a ACC title contender without Donte and some say we’re doomed. Just would like to hear what y’all think. Personally, I believe if our offense can start quick and hit the outside shot we will have a chance to pull out the biggest win all year. Either way, I’m proud of the boys for making it this far and know we are just getting stay

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Honestly what do y’all think our chances

Jan 23, 2018, 1:39 AM

I stay hopeful for every game but something always tells me we will be fighting 8 men on the floor.

You are right about quick points and outside game. Luckily we don't live and die by the 3. So I'm hopeful but not betting on it.

It would be nice if Skara turned into a serious presence inside. Someone will have to step up for donte and hopefully it will be the big guy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2018, 5:38 AM

Both camps are idiots as we are not title contenders and we are not doomed. We will win a few more games and make the dance but beating UVA on the road is a tall task. I would give us about a 20% chance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2018, 7:51 AM

Yea a win would be nice, but it wouldn't be likely on their court if Grantham was playing. We need to worry about holding court at home and steal 1 or 2 on the road the rest of the way. If we can get to 12 wins in conference we will be a 4 or 5 seed in the tourney, in my opinion.

i think the chances are a bit better tonight

Jan 23, 2018, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Honestly what do y’all think our chances ]

i'd say 40%

if Reed and Mitchell shoot well

May 27, 2021, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Honestly what do y’all think our chances ]

Do you think we finish top 4 in the ACC and earn a 2 game bye?
It will be close but I think we finish no lower than 6 and get a
1 game Bye.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2018, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Honestly what do y’all think our chances ]

So please explain to me why we are not ACC title contenders. TIA

Jan 23, 2018, 7:51 AM

HARD TO WIN ON THE ROAD IN ACC

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2018, 8:51 AM

Yes it is, ask the Tar Holes about it

20% chance...UVA will not be looking past us this year so

Jan 23, 2018, 9:30 AM

I don't see us sneaking one out. It would be a helluva win but I don't see it happening on the road against the #2 team. The loss of Grantham will be especially felt in this 1st game without him. Who is going to step up and be a leader? Who'll provide the scoring/rebounding/steals/assist? If Grantham was in I'd give us a 33% chance.

I hope I am completely wrong. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 20% chance...UVA will not be looking past us this year so

Jan 23, 2018, 10:41 AM

What did he do against unc? Give Sims a chance

Jan 23, 2018, 9:38 AM

This is a deeply talented team. Simms, Skara and Trapp will fill in fairly nice for Grantham. Don't expect the same output that Grantham produced, but, given some time and more playing experience, I think you are going to be very pleased with Simms. Grantham will still be providing leadership from the bench. He will be on Simms and Trapp with his game management and strategy mentoring. The more these guys play, the more they will produce. With the rest of the team (DeVoe, Mitchell, Reed, Thomas, Donnal and others) still out there leading and playing as they have, the Tigers are set up nicely for a return to The Dance. I think Virginia is set up nicely for a fall. They have been running along to well to continue for much longer. Clemson is capable of being the one to knock them down a peg. I'm predicting an upset for tonight.

GO TIGERS!!!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best case scenario for me is keeping it close and being

Jan 23, 2018, 10:17 AM

competitive tonight as the team adjusts to no Dante. I just want them to emerge with confidence that this team can still produce and play strong as we enter into the last 10 game stretch. There's a fine line between believing and not believing, but a large chasm between how a team plays if it believes or doesn't. Hopefully CBB can coach us over that hump.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2018, 10:22 AM

next player up has to step up

we will see

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Obviously, the odds are not good, but that's fine.

Jan 23, 2018, 10:32 AM

We don't need to win it to get to the big dance.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a feeling this team will come out on fire

Jan 23, 2018, 11:27 AM

Losing Donte could be a positive thing for the younger guys to understand the need to be ready an increase competition in practice.

I believe we will win tomorrow and The hoo’s won’t know what hit them as our defense picks up the pace to go along with great shooting despite a tough defense. Tigers 64-57.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic