Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lucky for Ole Miss back-to-back SEC losses only count as 1
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Lucky for Ole Miss back-to-back SEC losses only count as 1

Nov 2, 2014, 8:23 AM

loss. I'm sure the Selection Committee will accept this established espn rankings rule and adopt it as one of their own.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What are the Vegas odds that they will be the highest

Nov 2, 2014, 8:25 AM

ranked 2 loss team in all polls?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should they not be?***

Nov 2, 2014, 8:28 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Should they not be?***

Nov 2, 2014, 8:39 AM

No, they should not be. They have lost to an unranked team and now at home in back to back weeks. Clemson's losses are both on the road to ranked opponents. They have also been exposed for having a fairly pedestrian defense as well. Auburn scored as easily against Ole Miss on the road as they did against South Carolina at home. They should definitely be behind us but won't be.

Message was edited by: viztiz®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Logic - lost on SEC fans and ESecPN***

Nov 2, 2014, 9:12 AM

You're a flipping moran.

Nov 2, 2014, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Should they not be?*** ]

Do you not know that?

Why do you post like that?

They beat ALABAMA.

Did you not just read that?

Let me type it again.

They beat ALABAMA.

I sincerely hope you're posting in jest.

If not, thanks again for making the Clemson fan base sound like a bunch of bitter middle schoolers.

Re: You're a flipping moran.

Nov 2, 2014, 9:38 AM

Sorry, didn't join the get down on my knees and blow Bama club. what makes Bama great. That they beat a West Virginia team that lost to TCU at home? Seriously keep drinking the SEC kool-aid dumb-sh*t.

They had three weeks to prepare for Alabama. Half the Top 25 would beat Alabama under those circumstances. And that's presuming they prepped for a meaningless post-Chris Peterson Boise State team.

Message was edited by: viztiz®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2014, 9:43 AM

Exactly. What proves Alabama is good?

Nov 2, 2014, 9:46 AM

Because they can beat SEC teams who are good because they beat other SEC teams that beat Alabama. Does it all make sense now? But I'm the moron.

That actually makes perfect sense.

Nov 2, 2014, 1:44 PM

What doesn't make sense is being mad about the SEC's on-air time when you haven't beaten your in-state SEC rival in FIVE FRICKING YEARS.

But I'm the moran.

Dude, that's like complaining to the United Nations that the Germans get more holiday greeting cards from them when Poland is their neighbor although they don't make as much money or win as much.

MAYBE IF POLAND WON MORE THEN THE UNITED NATIONS WOULD SEND THEM MORE GREETING CARDS! DUH

Lou Coot Lip isnt taking his Coots Sucking

Nov 2, 2014, 3:13 PM

very well, LOL

Re: That actually makes perfect sense.

Nov 2, 2014, 3:18 PM [ in reply to That actually makes perfect sense. ]

Seriously, clean the Alabama spooge out of your mouth and try again. That ranks as some of the most non-sensical garbage I've read in years of reading non-sensical garbage on TNet.

That no longer means much.***

Nov 2, 2014, 9:42 AM [ in reply to You're a flipping moran. ]

Is Louie upset over the ##### loss?

Nov 2, 2014, 11:59 AM [ in reply to You're a flipping moran. ]

Did someone eat his cookies last night?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The other 2 loss teams in the top 25 are Oklahoma, LSU,

Nov 2, 2014, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Should they not be?*** ]

Clemson, and UCLA.

UCLA probably has the best resume despite the fact they played like crap earlier in the year.

LSU has a good non-con win against Wisconsin, and also beat Ole Miss, but since you guys think Ole Miss sucks that probably won't matter.

Oklahoma's only good win is @WVU.

Clemson's only decent win right now is Louisville.

Out of those 5 teams i would rank them (based on resume):

UCLA
LSU
Ole Miss
OU
Clemson

Clemson at full strength with Watson might be able to beat any of them, but if we were talking about some other team in our position nobody on here would be giving them the same benefit of the doubt.

Re: The other 2 loss teams in the top 25 are Oklahoma, LSU,

Nov 2, 2014, 11:19 AM

LSU's only real problem is they got blown out by Auburn. Plus they only scored 7 against an Auburn defense that is not particularly impressive. But a decent case can be made for LSU. Plus they're young and loaded with talent which means their growth curve is potentially higher than a lot of other teams.

I don't quite see how you arrive at UCLA as the best when their only impressive victory is Arizona - who will stumble in the polls as a result. Who you lose to matters as well. We lost to the #1 team in the country, on the road, in overtime. That should preclude you from nothing but being ranked #1. The loss to Georgia becomes a little more problematic after this weekend but they'll still be ranked. While I don't necessarily agree with your order of those five teams, I wouldn't argue Clemson should be first, and four of those five teams are within 5 places of each other. It was Ole Miss who was the outlier sitting at #4 that is ridiculous. Now, if the fall down to a comparable level with the other teams you mentioned then I don't really care how they are ranked. But if, as I expect, LSU vaults up and Ole Miss only slightly stumbles then it's more BS as usual.

UCLA's best win isn't Arizona, it's @ASU in a game they

Nov 2, 2014, 1:58 PM

won by about 100 pts.

Re: UCLA's best win isn't Arizona, it's @ASU in a game they

Nov 2, 2014, 2:30 PM

meh - Arizona State was unranked at the time and Arizona was ranked ahead of Arizona State going into this weekend. but sure enough - LSU and Ole Miss got a little more separation from the other two loss teams so the pollsters can continue to plug and play SEC teams as necessary going forward.

Re: Lucky for Ole Miss back-to-back SEC losses only count as 1

Nov 2, 2014, 8:27 AM

Selection committee top Sec teams:

Miss State
Auburn
Alabama
Ole Miss

Selection committee top 4 teams

Miss State
Auburn
Alabama
Ole Miss

Honestly, this should not hurt their ranking one bit.

Nov 2, 2014, 8:29 AM

They were #4, and they lost to the #3 team. That should have been expected, and the committee members should have considered that before ranking those two teams 3 and 4. In other words, they should not punish Ole Miss for losing when that is exactly what they expected would happen when they ranked them 3 and 4.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Honestly, this should not hurt their ranking one bit.

Nov 2, 2014, 8:37 AM

Why then were we punished so harshly for losing to number one at their house and to a highly ranked Georgia team at there house as well......hmmmmm

Nov 2, 2014, 8:42 AM

Maybe because The Heisman Trophy Winner didn't play?

Nov 2, 2014, 10:39 AM

With the way Winston is throwing picks this year, we may have been better off having him in the game against us. We may have had 5 turnovers and won the game going away. We will never know.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because such rankings are biased, subjective, and flawed.

Nov 2, 2014, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Honestly, this should not hurt their ranking one bit. ]

Please understand, I am not defending the rankings, I'm pointing out one of their flaws. Even with the great lengths they have gone to to make this playoff committee as objective and as fair as possible, it is still fatally flawed.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Nov 2, 2014, 8:44 AM [ in reply to Honestly, this should not hurt their ranking one bit. ]

and they were WAY OVERRANKED the entire time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2014, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Honestly, this should not hurt their ranking one bit. ]

Here's three things I know great teams do not do:

Lose at home
Lose back to back games
Lose to unranked teams

Regardless of where the pollsters placed them, Ole Miss has failed almost every measure for consideration as a great team. That they were rewarded with such a lofty ranking in the first place for their pathetic sham of a schedule was stupid. There are two bye weeks this year, Ole Miss (and Miss State) are playing 4 non BCS/Power 5 non conference opponents, and 2 teams from the SEC East. That essentially gives them 8 bonus weeks to prep for their 7 meaningful in-division games. Its like having a have a bye week before every single game that matters. It's insane and if the system is gonna reward it then Clemson needs to stop scheduling anyone with a pulse. Is there any doubt that if we'd scheduled Furman instead of Georgia and were 7-1 right now that we'd be in top 10 based on how these pollsters vote.

I agree with you, but we have one hurdle

Nov 2, 2014, 9:10 AM

SEC West has strength of schedule built into their schedule. That allows them to play a bunch of cupcakes with no penalty. We don't have the same consideration in the ACC. It's getting better with FSU and UL, but we're still far from perception that the SEC West has built.

Re: I agree with you, but we have one hurdle

Nov 2, 2014, 9:54 AM

I think that hurdle would be larger after a really bad season or for a team other than FSU, Clemson, and maybe Miami and Virginia Tech. If you're fighting the first weeks of the season even trying to break the chart then I agree with what you are saying. But if you start the season at 25th you just march up the chart with each win. Based on our recruiting and recent success I see no reason to believe that we won't be ranked preseason for the foreseeable future. With all the hype around Watson we could very well be top 10 next year meaning the Auburn has far more downside than upside.

ESPN may look like a farce by year end...***

Nov 2, 2014, 9:07 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If They Were Non SEC Team They Would Be OUT of Top 25***

Nov 2, 2014, 10:02 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was wondering if Ole Miss woulda won...

Nov 2, 2014, 10:12 AM

If the two teams woulda just swapped spots. Ole Miss to #3 and Auburn to #4.

Now I'm expecting Auburn to be #2 or tied for it. That committee loves them some Gus.

~JKB

Ole Miss is a dirty as the state itself...

Nov 2, 2014, 10:11 AM

...the NCAA is too chicken to investigate that sesspool down there for their cheating ways.

Watching that Auburn/Ole Miss game was like trying to figure out who to pull for in a Third Reich/ISIS matchup. It is impossible to not hope for a mega-quake right under the 50 yard line.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Actually because they lost to another SEC team they

Nov 2, 2014, 1:46 PM

will move up in the polls. Expect Florida to be in the top 10 now and have a legitimate shot at the playoff.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic