Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Honestly I very disappointed Clemson no longer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Honestly I very disappointed Clemson no longer

Sep 24, 2018, 12:44 PM

teaches calculus. I took it as a student, evidently g tech is the only college in the country that teaches it. The broadcast team mentioned it several times. Tnet needs to do something. We should fire the president, deans, AD and coaches, then expellee these lazy students ! Let's make Clemson great again.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Honestly I very disappointed Clemson no longer

Sep 24, 2018, 12:49 PM

LOL - I majored in math, and calculus was a be-otch for me. I would have loved to see them stop teaching it when I was there. That and Analytical Geometry (I think it was) was a burr in my butt.

You probably made a lot of people happy if they believed you, and they will wake up tomorrow and still have to go to class. :)

Took it 40 years ago at Clemson and today

Sep 24, 2018, 1:06 PM

still don't have a clue why...

Laplace transformations***

Sep 24, 2018, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Honestly I very disappointed Clemson no longer ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Sep 24, 2018, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Honestly I very disappointed Clemson no longer ]

I'm in your boat....remember my second semester calculus....the class had a 75% fail rate at Clemson, if that tells you how bad it was. Didn't help the fact that it was taught by student aids and they didn't teach things the way the head of the department that did the tests expected it to me known.

Is it because more high schools offer it?***

Sep 24, 2018, 1:07 PM

Clemson

Re: Is it because more high schools offer it?***

Sep 24, 2018, 1:18 PM

Hey that makes sense. The gtech students don't take it in HS, so it's a remedial class there. All are students take it in HS, so it's redundant. Whew, I feel better now.

Sep 24, 2018, 1:18 PM

This is a joke right? If you are majoring in most any math or science curriculum it is a requirement.
Examples:
http://catalog.clemson.edu/preview_program.php?catoid=18&poid=4437&returnto=555
http://catalog.clemson.edu/content.php?catoid=18&navoid=553

Sep 24, 2018, 1:26 PM

Yes a joke. The broadcast team kept repeating gtech calculus and calculus that, as if no other college students take it. Sorry for any confusion.

Like many of you it kicked my keister. I am quite proud I had the highest ave. in my class, 77%. He curved me to a B but flat-out laughed in my face when I asked for a curved A. LOL. As it turned out, I changed majors and had use it as a free elective ???

Huge difference in offering a class vs making it a gen ed requirement

Sep 24, 2018, 1:29 PM

I'd argue that Clemson's gen ed requirements (public speaking, science, math, and history requirements) is one of the things that make its students superior to those that graduate from that other in state school.
Having calculus as a gen ed is pretty inpressive.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Sep 24, 2018, 2:18 PM

Is it a required course at Ga Tech for all students?

Maybe that was the point they were making.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes it is

Sep 24, 2018, 2:29 PM

I didn't see the broadcast but all GT students have to take calc including football players. That was probably the point they were making.

Hint: look at the post right above yours. :)***

Sep 24, 2018, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Honestly I very disappointed Clemson no longer ]

null

Sep 24, 2018, 2:51 PM

I thought calculus was easy but apparently I have not retained that knowledge. Couldn't work a problem now if my life depended on it. Thermodynamics was the toughest course I ever had. The every day problems we had in class did not seem to be difficult but those tests were a lulu. One of the football players and I had the only A's in the class with a grade of 65. Thank goodness for the curve.

One of the stories years ago was about a student at Clemson who flunked Thermo twice under the same professor. One summer he decided to go to Auburn and see if he could pass the course there. When he walked in the class room on his first day at Auburn, the Professir at Auburn was thew same professor he had at Clemson.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remedial level command of basic English***

Sep 24, 2018, 4:09 PM

Thank them, as U would dropped or F-ailed the class**

Sep 24, 2018, 4:16 PM

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic