Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ATTENTION......ATLANTA WENDY‘s around college avenue On fire
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

ATTENTION......ATLANTA WENDY‘s around college avenue On fire

Jun 13, 2020, 11:19 PM

I-75 blocked.......police chief resigned.........any Clemson folks traveling that area beware!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh Its All Gone Now ---

Jun 13, 2020, 11:23 PM

They shouldn't have burned it down because Wendy's didn't shoot the man running away......the cop did.

Running away after taking the cops tazer and injuring

Jun 13, 2020, 11:52 PM

an officer.

Completely justified shooting, but it doesn't matter. This is our future now. If the police enforce the law on black people they will riot and burn #### down.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Running away after taking the cops tazer and injuring

Jun 14, 2020, 1:55 AM

Wait what? Poker????? You turned?

Jun 14, 2020, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Running away after taking the cops tazer and injuring ]

You sir must be a white supremacist. If not, then you are not very bright.

Message was edited by: gatigerbc®

Jun 14, 2020, 4:41 PM

You sir must ne a racist no matter what color you are. Just because someone brings facts and disagrees with your opinion doesn't make them a racist or white supremacist. It makes you one.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Y'all should be careful about labeling rationality

Jun 14, 2020, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Running away after taking the cops tazer and injuring ]

white supremacy. The shame card has diminishing returns.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2020, 11:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Oh Its All Gone Now --- ]

None of the headlines mention the race of the cop so I'm guessing he or she is black.

Jun 14, 2020, 12:17 AM

No, it was a white police officer per the AJC.

https://www.ajc.com/news/local-govt--politics/atlanta-police-shooting-death-rayshard-brooks-roils-city/7ju3cAcaLfolTbocqLfArN/

"A white Atlanta police officer fatally shot an African American father of several young children late Friday night following a struggle outside a Wendy’s restaurant on the city’s southside, sparking calls for reform and demonstrations that led to vandalism and arrests."

Not that it justifies deadly force in many cases, but why oh why do people fight police trying to arrest them? That's never going to end well. Even if the police officer is totally wrong, just cooperate in the moment and deal with bad police behavior later when it is safe to do so. I do realize some victems were shot when not resisting at all, which is simply unforgivable.

Message was edited by: tigerband1®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly. I think this needs to be mandatory curriculum

Jun 14, 2020, 11:09 AM

In schools. It’s never smart to resist arrest or fight policemen even if they’re in the wrong.

You can get them later in the court of law. Don’t lose your cool. Cops are scared

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Honestly. I think this needs to be mandatory curriculum

Jun 14, 2020, 3:51 PM

You make a very good point. Until such time as systemic racism is wiped out (if that ever happens) ... don't give the cops an excuse to do what they are hoping to get a chance to do.

Jun 14, 2020, 4:26 PM

Pretty sure white cops arrest thousands of blacks a day in this country. You are assuming they are waiting to kill each one if they resist?Proof? Stats? Anything? Or just more ignorance from you?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2020, 4:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Honestly. I think this needs to be mandatory curriculum ]

Did you learn that systematic racism thing by watching Netflix. Good job!

Jun 14, 2020, 4:45 PM [ in reply to Honestly. I think this needs to be mandatory curriculum ]

So the cop jumps your wife because he didn't get laid that morning. You tell her, honey, don't worry, we'll get him in court...You LEO humpers are FOS...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like this instructional video?

Jun 14, 2020, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Honestly. I think this needs to be mandatory curriculum ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEvMc-K8XHY

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 15, 2020, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Honestly. I think this needs to be mandatory curriculum ]

Absolutely correct re: not being confrontational with a cop. I do think most police are good people who carry out a dangerous and thankless job. I'm white, but I've had 2 unpleasant encounters in my life that could have turned out very bad. Neither encounter resulted in even a ticket much less an arrest, but both encounters were very threatening. Believe me, I was very cooperative even though on the inside I was both afraid and angry about the behavior of the police.

The man recently shot and killed in Atlanta made a choice to drive while intoxicated and fall asleep in the drive through area of Wendy's. He could have killed someone while driving to Wendy's or killed someone if allowed to drive away from Wendy's.

I watched some of the video. Both cops treated the individual who was later shot in a professional manner initially. The individual who was killed likewise seemed cooperative and respectful to the police initially. He did not appear overtly intoxicated on the video I saw.

Everything went south after this individual then began resisting and fighting both cops after one of them tried to cuff the individual after he indeed failed a Breathalyzer test. He managed to get one of the officer's TASER and fired it. Had he hit the officer, the officer would have been incapacitated. Neither officer could know in that split second whether the resisting individual had a handgun on him that was going to be deployed next.

The officer that had the TASER fired at him, then shot the individual twice apparently in the side or back as the individual was running away.

Had this man not chosen to drive while intoxicated and not resisted arrest, he would be alive today. In retrospect, the officer who shot the individual could have realized the TASER was no longer useful except if touched directly to another person. The officer could have brandished his weapon to be ready if the individual then attempted to charge him with the TASER or if the individual produced a gun or knife. It was dark. All of these events happened in seconds. A full investigation will occur. It may be that this killing was "lawful but awful." The cop had to make a decision in real time in poor lighting. He had already been in a fight with this person and had a TASER discharged at him. A TASER is not an innocuous weapon. Over a thousand people in the US have died after being struck by a TASER. Unfortunately, a young man is now dead. Is it because he was black? I doubt it. He resisted. He was armed with a TASER.

My message is do NOT resist the police and do NOT be verbally combative ever with the police. Some police are bad. Some are jaded from all the BS they have to continually deal with. Some are tired and scared when they approach you.

This killing certainly didn't merit burning down the Wendy's or shutting down I-75. Let's hear all the facts before making a quick judgement on what happened. There is much we don't know yet.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2020, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Oh Its All Gone Now --- ]

Double standard at it's finest right here. Can't just be cop shoots felon after running.

Jun 14, 2020, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Oh Its All Gone Now --- ]

for all anyone knows, some white supremacist burned it down. they've apparently been out in force trying to boogaloo their way into their holy race war.

moral of story dont fight the cops

Jun 14, 2020, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Oh Its All Gone Now --- ]

take the taser then turn and fire it at him.

Re: moral of story dont fight the cops

Jun 14, 2020, 4:43 PM

How dare you bring facts and common sense BLM-net!

Re: ATTENTION......ATLANTA WENDY‘s around college avenue On fire

Jun 13, 2020, 11:29 PM

I-85 included

Jun 14, 2020, 12:00 AM

And so it goes on. This at least gives us something to watch as there is no sports. Basically, if your a cop and shoot a person of color, rather justified or not a building or 2 is going to get burned.

Jun 14, 2020, 12:24 AM

It’s just property.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 14, 2020, 10:22 PM

Economic stimulus. Now someone has to rebuild it.

Jun 14, 2020, 12:19 AM

It must be unbelievably awful to be a police officer these days.

I am sure many will resign, especially in cities.

Jun 14, 2020, 4:46 PM

That's exactly what they want then they can be criminals like they want to be. I feel sorry for the law abiding and fine black citizens in this country. This is where stereotypes come from. The actions of a few label everyone. The real issue once again has been lost due to the actions of a few.

#progress***

Jun 14, 2020, 1:12 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2020, 12:19 PM

The cops that don’t resign will get to a point where they will turn a blind eye to black criminals and won’t bother messing with them thus just letting them roam the streets free. And then the criminals will pick up on this and take full advantage of doing what they do best. Hints the riots and vandalism because they know cops are scared of the consequences of enforcing the law on them.

Well, at least we now know it must all have been Wendy's

Jun 15, 2020, 12:07 PM

fault, right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gives New Meaning to Hot New Fiery Chicken Sammich***

Jun 15, 2020, 2:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic