Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Honestly, Alabama is doing a good job...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,765

Honestly, Alabama is doing a good job...

Apr 30, 2018, 5:25 PM

getting Dabo back in-state much more often than I prefer with all the accolades and recognition.

It sure seems like they are going to make a major run at him soon.

Finebaum even just said very recently that Dabo is the "only" one who could replace Saban.

I just hope when the time comes, he stays.

To me, it almost feels like the timing could be in 3 years.

Enough time for Saban to win another Natty and call it quits...Dabo's oldest son graduates, and TL goes pro.

Hoping the relationships and system he has built here are enough to keep him and his family in orange for decades to come.

Better do all we can to continue to love on him now, before its too late.

Just my thoughts.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Honestly, Alabama is doing a good job...

Apr 30, 2018, 5:27 PM

Yeah I don't share the seemingly 100% confidence that most people on here have about him finishing his career here. Every time it's come up, he hasn't explicitly said it's not happening.

Apr 30, 2018, 5:41 PM

Dabo will go to Alabama. I’d be shocked if he doesn’t. They will offer over 10 million a year

Although money isn't a problem for Dabo

Apr 30, 2018, 5:48 PM

It would be hard for anyone to turn down 10 million per from your Alma mater. I wouldn't want to follow Saban, but I don't think the pressure would bother Swinney.

Let's hope that doesn't happen, but if it does, I'd say Tony Elliot and Jeff Scott would be 1 & 2 in the pecking order for taking the reigns.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Apr 30, 2018, 5:51 PM

The reason he won't go - unless we get a new president or AD and the new guy alienates him - is very simple.

This is Dabo's program. He's its architect. He's our Great Man. He built all this in his image. His word is will here.

At Alabama, he would merely be a hired employee again, the custodian of the program Nick Saban built. He's their Great Man, pushing hard against even Bear Bryant's legacy now. And the manner in which Nick Saban built his program is very, very different from the manner in which Dabo has built his, and the massive amount of entrenched personnel there hired by Saban would resist Dabo at every turn in his attempts to change it. And like all employees, Dabo will be fired the moment he falters at all.

That's what happens when you follow the Great Man.

They build cultures. Those cultures are hard to change, and even harder to live up to.

Dabo knows all that...which is why he's not leaving the program he built here at Clemson to go be the custodian of somebody else's. He might eventually follow the guy who follows Nick Saban...life is funny, stuff changes. But he won't succeed Nick.

Apr 30, 2018, 9:47 PM

agree!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

good point,hope you're right***

Apr 30, 2018, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Honestly, Alabama is doing a good job... ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t like to think about it but it

Apr 30, 2018, 6:04 PM

could happen. However, I would still be surprised if it did.

My arguments are:

This is now Dabo’s program. He build it from scratch.

Bear Bryant did the same at Alabama and he retired there. I am sure he had other unbelievable offers. Though I do have to admit that Alabama was his alma mater.

No one wants to replace a legend. They want to replace the guy that replaced the legend.

Clemson is his kids hometown. They grew up there.

Do you live that much better off making $10 mm vs $7 mm? You, your wife, and children are set for life. Although, knowing Dabo he could possibly see it as an opportunity to give even more to charity.

Dabo has basically said that the only way he would consider leaving Clemson is if we had a change in the Clemson administration i.e. the Board, President, or Dan R. that did not have the backing he has now.

Anyway, let’s hope it will never happen.

Re: I don’t like to think about it but it

Apr 30, 2018, 9:53 PM

My biggest argument is that Alabama is Dabo and his wife’s home, Clemson is his families home and I think that could be an advantage.

His wife even said that the kids have spent more time in SC then Bama so go ahead and offer his youngest boy a scholarship lol.

Ether way, goes or doesn’t he is the kind of person that has a plan in place to leave Clemson functioning at the same pace that he built it. Whether it’s Elliot or Scott I believe the plan is in place just in case.

Apr 30, 2018, 9:53 PM

I certainly hope he stays but I believe he’s gone if Bama comes calling. Hope I’m wrong.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like the man said ...

Apr 30, 2018, 11:01 PM

Don't worry about what you don't control. In the end, it's up to Dabo. So I'm invested in this year's Tiger team, then next year's, the year after that, and so on ...

And if Dabo stays or leaves, the next year, the next year, the next year, etc. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many heirs apparent are fired from their company?

Apr 30, 2018, 11:22 PM

I remember this fat slob at the Natty thanking me for keeping their future head coach employed until Saban retires. Like Bama is doing us a favor by loaning Dabo To is for a while. They act like he is their property, and will do exactly what he’s told when the time comes.

Apr 30, 2018, 11:38 PM

I would hate to know I had to speak to Feinbaum regularly. That is enough to keep Dabo at Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2018, 1:13 AM

Dabo was fired from Alabama in 2001 and was out of Coaching. I suspect he hasn’t forgotten that. Clemson offered him the job that brought him back to Coaching. I suspected he hasn’t forgotten that either.

Period

May 1, 2018, 6:11 AM

Go Tigers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,765
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic