Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SCAR recruiting question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

SCAR recruiting question

Dec 20, 2018, 10:54 AM

When I feel sorry for the mentally disabled/challenged, I switch over to the FGF website to read their posts and their "comprehensive in depth analysis" and viewpoints of football. I read with interest that anytime another team beats them in recruiting, their stock response is that team is cheating or paying off the players. This morning, they are bragging that the Muscarcoot signed 5 players in the top 150 of this class. They say they signed the best OL and DL lines in the nation. Yesterday, I saw J Moore stated that he and his mother would be "taken care of." So, my question is this: By their own assertions, is SCAR now paying their recruits?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they are paying them and this is all that they can come

Dec 20, 2018, 11:18 AM

up with it makes them even more laughable.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah they need to study Kirby and the Dawgs

Dec 20, 2018, 11:20 AM

Re: If they are paying them and this is all that they can come

Dec 20, 2018, 11:24 AM [ in reply to If they are paying them and this is all that they can come ]

But, but, but, they say they got the # 1 QB and the # 1 DL. They also beat out Vandy! They are cyclin' in!

They have repeatedly demonstrated that they suck at cheating***

Dec 20, 2018, 11:49 AM [ in reply to If they are paying them and this is all that they can come ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

$$$$ "they are going to take care of me and my mom" $$$$

Dec 20, 2018, 11:23 AM

Not a whole lot of gray area or room of misinterpretation in that one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: SCAR recruiting question

Dec 20, 2018, 11:24 AM

I honestly hope we are paying recruits.

I used to want to win the right way but it’s just not possible.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Honest question

Dec 20, 2018, 11:27 AM

For the sake of the question let's remove the idea that scar paying players could result in a conference title or bigger.

Would you rather pay players to the result of 8-4 or 9-3 for a short period of time, and then get caught and punished setting the program back for a few years?

Or would you rather do things the right way and go 6-6 or 7-5 and know that your program is not looking over it's shoulder?

Are you kidding...

Dec 20, 2018, 11:35 AM

Those deluded goobers are so desperate for football success that they would sacrifice a ######## and their first born, in addition to knowingly, willingly and gladly compromising what little is left of the character and integrity of the University, the coaches, and the players if they thought for one second that doing so would equate to more wins, and any one of their fans who says otherwise is lying.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Honest question

Dec 20, 2018, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Honest question ]

This is a great question, and given how lightly the NCAA ever punishes anyone, it seems like the answer is always "cheat, and see if you can get away with it".

Take USC (Trojans) ten or so years ago. All sorts of violations, ended up having to give up wins, recruits, etc. Set the program back. But the results? They won their conference regularly, won a Natty, etc. If you asked any of their fans if it was worth it, I'll bet they all say absolutely.

Is it right? Nope. But I'll bet it's a lot of program's thoughts, to try something to try to compete with teams like us.

They know they can't compete without cheating....

Dec 20, 2018, 11:46 AM

From both an academic and athletic standpoint, u5c has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to offer that these kids can't get at more than a dozen other better schools throughout the southeast.

Their only options are to cheat (pay players and recruits or pay the parents of players and recruits) or hope that some kid who is a really good player was raised a u5c fan.

Re: They know they can't compete without cheating....

Dec 20, 2018, 11:57 AM

Duke having to pay basketball players means academics and historical success really don’t do much for you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congratulations...

Dec 20, 2018, 12:04 PM

on signing the 10th ranked recruiting class in the $-EZ. I'm sure Ole Miss, Vandy, Missouri and Arkansas are shaking in their shoes.

Re: Congratulations...

Dec 20, 2018, 12:05 PM

Wouldn’t it be the third best class in the ACC?

Who cares. You're all still looking up at Clemson...

Dec 20, 2018, 12:15 PM

something that will likely remain unchanged in your lifetime.

Dec 20, 2018, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Honest question ]

It’s doubtful you can go 7-5 or 6-6 in the SEC without cheating.

Dec 20, 2018, 11:57 AM

Do you mean just at scar or at any SEC school?

Also since you did better than that the last 2 years are you suggesting that scar is currently cheating?

Dec 20, 2018, 11:58 AM

Everyone is cheating. I’m not naive enough to think we aren’t paying players.

Dec 20, 2018, 12:32 PM

You are right every school in the county pays recruits to some degree. Usually not cash but items purchased in cash that help the family out.

The schools that are bad are the ones where the coaching staff promote it. See Ole Miss and probably UGA. I know for fact of certain recruits in the past looking to coaches for money and were obviously turned down at Clemson. Despite the rumors on FGF we absolutely don’t do it (meaning coaches). Those recruits ended up at UGa. Not saying I know Kirby did anything, just that they ended up there and speculate as you wish.

But SCar and Muschamp cheating you don’t want trust me. Based on what I’ve seen out of his coaching ability as well as Dabo’s ability to recruit the right way, you will still lose majority of the years and ultimately be busted down the road. Just accept what you are and that is historically a middle of the road program regardless of conference.

Dec 20, 2018, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Honest question ]

A few years ago, the coot fans sold their souls to the Devil to get Spurrier. After the short ride, Spurrier ripped out their heart and stomped on it. Their fans have nothing left to sacrifice to the football gods, so they must dwell in the fiery pit of football #### for eternity.

Re: SCAR recruiting question

Dec 20, 2018, 11:38 AM [ in reply to Re: SCAR recruiting question ]

well if you are you sure aint getting to much bang for your buck coot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How does their analysis compare to Mackey's?***

Dec 20, 2018, 11:31 AM

Re: How does their analysis compare to Mackey's?***

Dec 20, 2018, 11:32 AM

Theirs has more typos and misspelled words.

No..... I'm not joking

Scar fans make me LOL OL

Dec 20, 2018, 11:49 AM

I thank them for that.

By take care of they meant

Dec 20, 2018, 11:51 AM

that they would take care of her on their official visit

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who?***

Dec 20, 2018, 12:34 PM

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic